Sign in to follow this  
Jabhad

This how Ethiopians feel about Somalia and Somalis..

Jabhad   

Nazret is an Ethiopian opposition website...Here, both camps, the opposition and the pro-regime share one common enemy.Soomaaliya.

Somalia's Islamists to achieve back Somali provinces under Ethiopia and Kenya control

Aweys Osman Yusuf

Mogadishu 18, Nov.06 ( Sh.M.Network) For the first time the Union of Islamic Courts has revealed it is tracking down provinces that, it said, belonged to Somalia but were annexed to neighboring countries, Ethiopia and Kenya.

In an interview with Shabelle Radio in Mogadishu, the Islamic Courts judiciary leader Sheik Hassan Dahir Aweys said the Somali population was one family but was disenfranchised and disintegrated by former colonizers who, he said, were still busy splitting up the Somali population that shares one language and religion.

Sheikh Aweys

"It is unbelievable that a country population that is like one family to be divided into 10 parts. As Islamic Courts, we will not accept divisions and we will gain back the Somali provinces forcefully annexed to Ethiopia and Kenya", Aweys said.

---------------------------------

Comment from: cajn [Visitor]

sorry, ain't gonna happen

11/19/06 @ 02:58

Comment from: ababu [Visitor]

Oh! This Sheik Hassan Dahir Aweys, he is quite a joker, isn't he?

This is nothing new, of course. I don't think he himself believes it. But apparently he thinks it serves the purpose of uniting his fellow citizens in Somalia who have been looking inwardly. (That is clans fighting each other for 15 years). He wants them to look outwardly and wants them to think that he has found the enemy and the enemy is not them but the bad people of Ethiopia and Kenya and the US. He thinks this intangible idea will help Somalis rally behind him in the shortest time possible.

But on a serious note: If Sheik Hassan Dahir Aweys really, really cares for his fellow ethnic Somalis living in Ethiopia and Kenya; he should do what the Germans have done recently. That is to invite them to Somalia, grant them free access, a full Somali citizenship etc. and see how many of them would like to come?

The Germans had, for many years, territorial claims againest their neighbors based on the ethnic Germans living in these countries. However, they abandoned that unattainable claim and instead invited their fellow ethnic Germans living in Russia, Czechoslovakia, and Hungary and other countries bordering Germany to come to Germany and offered them all amenities and entitlements that a German citizen has. And they pored into Germany by the millions. That what you call caring. But, there are two things why Sheik Hassan Dahir Aweys will not do what the Germans have done: 1. He does not have a country (oops) and 2. He does not care for the "Somalis living in Ethiopia and Kenya". He just wants the lands they are living in. That is all.

thanks,

ababu

11/19/06 @ 04:19

I am solely responsible for this comment and agree to abide by the terms and conditions

Comment from: ababu [Visitor]

Sheik Hassan Dahir Aweys said: "We will leave no stone unturned to integrate our Somali brothers in Kenya and Ethiopia and restore their freedom to live with their ancestors in Somalia."

Ok!Sheik Hassan Dahir Aweys. You do not have to turn a single stone.It is not as hard as you think. Just invite your "fellow brothers" living in neighboring countries to come to Somalia. Now, what better way is there to show your love for your brothers than that.

But, Sheik Hassan Dahir Aweys, I really beleive you are being a little deceitfull here! Are n't you? What you really meant to say was that you want the land mass of your neigboring countries not the masses of "your brothers" living in them.

thanks,

ababu

11/19/06 @ 04:29

I am solely responsible for this comment and agree to abide by the terms and conditions

Comment from: Ethiopian Pride [Visitor]

Ethiopia Is Being real Kind.They could Destroy Somalia In 10 seconds.

What are a couple of Big headed somali's With old weapons gonna do.When the royal ethiopian air force attacks.And when ethiopian infantry invades it's over.The only Reason ONLF Aint bombded Out of ******.Is the Oil.Al You Somali's from ****** Say youre Somali's.Wel go 2 somalia Then.It's Only couple of miles away...

11/19/06 @ 09:49

I am solely responsible for this comment

Comment from: Yirgacheffeeይርጋጨፍ

I think our government is waiting too long to break this camel's back!

11/19/06 @ 14:14

Comment from: kemal [Visitor]

greater somalia? keep on dreaming u ****** thats the only thing u can do. the minute u set ur feet in ****** we will extriment u from planet earth onc and for all.

Comment from: love [Visitor]

that is why we dont grow.we have enemies left and right.they donnt want us to develope.always causing problems.we have to be one to fight our enemies otherwise they will see an aportunity to tear us apart.we should not give them a chance!!!!!! may god bless ethiopia and its people

Comment from: peter [Visitor]

Great Somalia? did you take "chate"

or "asheshes", ****** is our land ,I don't understand why you claim ******? you can claim some somali language speaker but you don't have any right to claim my land. I am ready to fight with you.

be carefully you ****** war leader!

Comment from: Daniel [Visitor]

To. All Ethiopians, Kenyans, and Jabutians.

Nov.19/2006.

Did you forget, what the first Somali goverment

started in the years of sixities as soon as this

Somalia got their from Italian and British, which

they started immidiately creation of guerrile

torrorist rebel groups, called in Somali language

(FALAAGO), and (SHUFTO). that used to attack those

countries of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Jabuti.with help

of Somali militery. Somalians believe that the

largest region of Ethiopia, Hararge,****** and

Bali is their Allah given lannd. Also their

believe Nothern part of kenya as well is their

Allah given land. also, Jabuti as an integral

part of greater Somalia. this is still what the

white star with five corners is pointing.

Islamists have not yet brought a new thing to

table, but they have a secret agenda, which they

will expose as soon as they will fullfil the

first Somali amendament which was on the

constition of first Somali goverment the

to unite five Greater Somalia in under a Islamic

Salafi-Wahabi law. then they will continue to

declare their campaign, so called liberation of

all Islamic ethinic groups in East Africa.

So far, the Sawahil people of Kenya, Tanzania,

up to Mozabique, the Ethiopian Ethinic Muslims

of Somalia, Guragas,Oromos,bin Shanqula,Anfar

Harari, will be their target to liberate.

OO, Ethiopians, Kenyans and Jabutian Isasa and

Anfars do not be late to defend your self from

this terror group from Mogadishu before it is

to late.

11/19/06 @ 21:07

Quite mild and restrained when compared to some of the bile and twaddle we read here about Ethiopia.

NGONGE,

Ethiopia is a changed country and changing very fast. The old arguments are just that, old arguments that refuse to die. Ethiopia's past regime supporters in Addis Ababa are more confused by the changes, let alone someone from Mugadishu.

For Ethiopians now the word somali is not some far off peoples or land by the indian ocean, its sinking in that they cannot have an ethiopia without respecting and accepting all its members. The melting pot has been broken and now ethiopia is fast becoming a collection of pots. This is not always welcomed by those who keep melting pots only, wether in somalia or ethiopia.

The funniest and most glaring change I saw on TV was the minister of culture and tourism, who happens to be a somali, promoting Nagash and a christian monastry for tourism. You would never have thought of seeing that picture from past ethiopia.

Actually the web sites referred here are from the opposition sites to federal system and the current government of ethiopia. If you think thats mild, you can imagine then what the pro government sites would be.

Lieutenant Xalane,

As you clearly and elequently state what you see in the military and war subjects, I happen to have some little, but just enough knowledge of the political realities of taday's ethiopia.

Lieutenant Xalane,

A one sentence answer to your question would be, I do it out of animosity towards anything Egyptian.

The explanation to that would be as follows:

I have no opposition to the somali choosing his flag, his country, his anthem, his peace and direction of development as he see it fit. But I have one big problem if the somali chose to also serve somebody else interest for no benefit to himself. I am not the judge, wether the somali has benefit to himself in some activity or not, but some of them are quite obvious to see that even the somali will tell you he has no benefit on this one.

Egypt always becomes active, whenever either the possibility of peace between ethiopia and somalia seem possible, example the confederation idea of the 70s, or the TFG currently.

All these activities coincide with something else very far away from somalia, actually in an area geographically the opposite side of somalia, northwest ethiopia. Its the nile and its tributaries. There is currently projects under construction that are to generate close to 2 GW of electricity and quite a lot of irrigation. Some are close to completion others are half complete. Sudan for the first time had broken (to some degree) of egypt's clutches and sided with ethiopia. For that Sudan has paid a heavy price, but the price sudan would have paid if it went against ethiopia would have been more costly.

I have read an interview Mr. Aeydeed did in 2000 on the problems with egypt, including the old plan of ressetling egyptians in somalia.

Yes the Egyptians are doing things for their interest and legtimately so. Its just a little bit unfair when they fight for water skiing against starving people. Mainly its my anscestor's weakness. I don't blame europeans or egyptians. They simply outsmarted, outhussled us, including in somalia.

I don't get paid a penny for this, I wish I did.