Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Wedding Season Is Fast Approaching!

Originally posted by Zero:

Hey, are these questionierres only for females? I want to post a personal Ad too, you know. lool

Alignment of Xaliimo and Faarax's Marriage requirements:

That's the title of the questionaire. Go head. icon_razz.gif Knock yourself out.

Wlcm Back Nur.

Pi   

1.First Category: Character Issues

a. Please share three most undesirable character traits you will never consider.

Lazy, dishonest, demanding

b. Please share three best character traits you are looking in a future hubby or a wifey.

Intelligent, honest, obedient

c. Please share character traits that you can tolerate.

Natta

Second Category: Religious Issues

a. Where does a spouse fit in your spiritual life ? choose one below:

1. Most important, desirable, not an issue.

Not an issue. I am not sure I would be able to tolerate a wife who is hell-bent on thwarting my religious practices though (whenever I fully resume them..lol)

Third Category : Social background:

a. Does tribal or ethnic background matter in a spouse?

Well, not really. I live in the West and I’ll probably live in the west for the rest of my life. If I lived in Somalia, then I would discriminate. You see, it’s all about the social stigmas. lool.. edited

b. Does social status, Head of Tribe, job ( shoemaker/metalworker/leatherweaver/computer technician or a cab driver, a Warlord, or does wealth and social prestige matter to you in a mate?

No

c. If all is equal, who do you prefer, western raised spouse, a Somalia-Somaliland-Puntiland-Jubbaland- Kismayoland- Kurtunwarreyland raisaed spouse ?

Nope. As long as her Somali accent is not too cacophonous. I have sensitive ear drums.

Fourth Category: Age: Choose one below:

Huh? Well, right now, given my age, I would not take a second glance at any xaliimo over 25, beyond that is just going for a rotten banana. Excuse the distasteful metaphor.

True, False, sometimes true, sometimes false:

a. Maturity comes with age>> Yes

b. A young woman/man is not stable to consider>>> Disagree

c. Men are like Cheese, the older they get the better>> Erm, N/A

d. Younger men can be trained to be a better husband>> N/A

e. Age parity (equivalence) is very important in marriage> Of course

f. Older women are more satisfying in a relationship>>>

How old? Any women more than 4yrs my senior is to me like my mother

d. What is the maximum age difference you can tolerate Hint: (Middle Eastern Joke: Very old man marries very young girl, in their wedding night, they were both crying, why? he forgot all about it, and she is too young to figure it out)

See Above!

Fifth Category: Marital Status (Monogamous minded Nomads, ommit this section )

a. Would you condsider a divorcee or a widow(er) for marriage>> not as a first wife. Never. I’d rather be a celibate for life. Well, maybe not a celibate, but you know what I mean.

b. If yes, does it matter the number of kids, their sex or age and why?>> Hmm, if she is the third lucky lucy, then she cant have more than one loon (read: child) in her bag.

c. If you are a married man, and meet an interesting woman, would you consider polygamy if:

1. Risk of your present wife leaving you is high?>>> depends on the health of our relationship. If its in the gutters or on rough rocks, and it has no hope of redress, I would try my luck again with another. To hell with the old witch! lol

2. If there is little or no risk? See above, I would never jeopardize a good marriage to satisfy lust.

Sixth. Security Issue

Please list three most important issues that you need in a marriage to feel secure: ( Fisrt Hint: e-Nuri Polygamy Insurance Service To be released soon)

Education parity, Age parity, Character compatability.

Seventh, Education Background:

Men

a. Do you feel threatened to be married to a woman who is more educated that you are?>>> Frankly, I do. Well, especially if her education “showsâ€. I mean if I was a sad soul with a Liberal Arts Bachelor Degree and she had a Phd in Biochemistry or Neuroscience, I would feel inadequate.

b. If yes, what is your worry, please be specific.>> There has to be a parity in education too. Period. I would not marry a female brain surgeon if I wasn’t of the same caliber, if not higher.

c. If NO, how much of the household responsibilities are you willing you willing to share with your wife>> it depends… but I’m willing to dry the dishes if the dishwasher breaks down.

d. Do you see education as an asset that compensates with appeal or age in a woman? I mean would you choose an older and average looking woman with good education over a good looking younger woman? Yes… but again, over-qualification is a matter that necessitates rejection. Again, over-qualification relative to me.

Now Sheekh Nur, I hope I didnt waste time responding to this questionoioree, I could have read some Quran, instead of doing this...lool.. So dont fail me...

Nephissa   

Bishaaro, get it right lady, this is not a sinlges registry, it's a questionnaire!

Oh sure it is! Laakin you forgot to say, "not that there's anything wrong with singles registry ;) ."

Infact, it'd be nice if this was a real Match up thread. Where the computer compiled everyone's list of requirements and computed them a real match! :D

Nur   

Nomads

That was so intewrestling! I thank CW, for her candid and excellent response, ( She gets an apple for that good job, I leave the significance as an excercise for her) but so many guys are already let down by the tribe thing, how can one get naturalized as Rer Qansax? and one other thing, lets respect her choice, its not the end of the world, e-Nuri can help you become the best you can be, but we cant make you a Rer Qansax just to be considered by CW.

Waterlilly that was great mashAllah sis, the message is out, e-Nuri Scientists are logging data while shaking heads in amazement about excess capacity of talent around here.

Chocolate n Honey

That is what I call a woman who knows what she wants, and inshAllah will get (if she can recognize when he knocks on her door, which is another talent altogether, which many Xalimos lack, but e-Nuri will be of help if needed)

Kheyr

It all depends on what side of the table on a wedding cerimony one sits! As Madhooun Sharci( Without a government licence), e-Nuri as a business, we dont compete with our customers, our success lies in matching Xalimos with Faaraxs and their happiness ever after, please let me know of your requirements, you are special brother, inshAllah will look out a special match from responses as we sift thru the subliminals( of course you must pay research costs)

Abdullatif bro. waan sugayaa responskaaga, ku mahadsanid gabayada.

Zero bro. Thanks, I knew that we need a Zero, to turn a ONE to a TEN, you've done indeed, now, wait till the study is analyzed and result of alignment comes out, the polls are stil open, you never never know if you have hit the right jackpot Xaliimo to fill your life with you know what.

I couldnt help but laugh throughout ( eyes filled at times) as I read responses, Oh! my people, my people, what a job is waiting for this wadaad?

Nur

Khayr   

Originally posted by Nur:

Nomads

That was so intewrestling! I thank CW, for her candid and excellent response, ( She gets an apple for that good job, I leave the significance as an excercise for her) but so many guys are already let down by the tribe thing, how can one get naturalized as Rer Qansax? and one other thing, lets respect her choice, its not the end of the world, e-Nuri can help you become the best you can be, but we cant make you a Rer Qansax just to be considered by CW.

Waterlilly that was great mashAllah sis, the message is out, e-Nuri Scientists are logging data while shaking heads in amazement about excess capacity of talent around here.

Chocolate n Honey

That is what I call a woman who knows what she wants, and inshAllah will get (if she can recognize when he knocks on her door, which is another talent altogether, which many Xalimos lack, but e-Nuri will be of help if needed)

Kheyr

It all depends on what side of the table on a wedding cerimony one sits! As Madhooun Sharci( Without a government licence), e-Nuri as a business, we dont compete with our customers, our success lies in matching Xalimos with Faaraxs and their happiness ever after, please let me know of your requirements, you are special brother, inshAllah will look out a special match from responses as we sift thru the subliminals( of course you must pay research costs)

Abdullatif bro. waan sugayaa responskaaga, ku mahadsanid gabayada.

Zero bro. Thanks, I knew that we need a Zero, to turn a ONE to a TEN, you've done indeed, now, wait till the study is analyzed and result of alignment comes out, the polls are stil open, you never never know if you have hit the right jackpot Xaliimo to fill your life with you know what.

I couldnt help but laugh throughout ( eyes filled at times) as I read responses, Oh! my people, my people, what a job is waiting for this wadaad?

Nur

Waan igaa qoslisey! :D

S.O.S   

Summertime is around the corner, and many Nomads will be fulfilling their dream to complete their outer shell with a new spouse to be stable ( li Taskunuu) , as such we at e-Nuri social scientists need your input to publish our next paper on;

Brother Nur,

Aw Yuusuf Barre, in his famous lines of prose titled; “Guur aan ka la’aado†could not have put it better in a fashion, rich of nomadic heritage, culture and tradition, yet, with a sense of humorous and timeless interpretable appeal. I and probably few other nomads who’ve not yet dared to come out in support of their deep-rooted admiration and subconscious pride in our nomadic traditional culture, I take the liberty to put forward and express their silent notion, -albeit somewhat hidden, indirect and through poetical safety- nevertheless as follows:

Gurey iyo Daroorow arini, waygu gabilaye

Wax i galayba waan uun galgalan, Gu iyo Jiilaale

Galbi dhabadka waxa iigu wacan, hal igu gaarnaaye

Garanna wayde meeshaan qalbiga, uga gufaacoone

Guddigayga caawaba maqloo, galiya laabtiina

Oo wada guntada xaajadaa, odaygu soo guurshay

Gaashgaashka waa lagu lumaa, gole ka fuulka ahe

Ha gudoonsan waa kii caqligu, gaan kugu ahaaye

Gurri billa ninkii doonayee, nacaya goonbaarta

Ee guur ujeedoow i maqal, waan ku garansiine

Guduud looma raacoo haween, gabalba waa cayne

Bidhaan gabi kalaalaada waa lagu gulaalmaaye

Isu gaadhay gabadhaad tiraa, meel un baa go’ane

Gaboodleyda gaashidu kutaal, labada goonyoodba

Ee maradu geyngeyman tahay, guur aan ka la’aado

Ganbadh lagu fadhiistiyo midaan, gaadha fidineynin

Ganuunka iyo xeedhyaha middaan, goor Allaba dhiibin

Gadh-cadaayadii reer tolkey taan, u gogol haynin

Een geedka laga naadinayn, guur aan ka la’aado

Gaar gaarka awrtiyo nirgaha, geela laga reebay

Gurijoogta xoolaha midaan, goosanka u diidin

Een garanin soo dheelan ee, guriga uun joogta

Gudbantaan halkayguba galayn, guur aan ka la’aado

Allow garawo giirka iyo afka iyo, ganafka uun taageysa

Oo qoolka uun kula galdi’i magac waxay gaadho

Gandihii miduu wada nacee gacalka fiigaysay

Gool boodadii laga samree, goysay ubadkeeda

Intay dhiig isoo galin lahayd guur aan ka la’aado

Geediga hayaanka ah midaan, gaadhin waligeedba

Ee gabanta loo sido sidii goodir, noo curatay

Waa geeri naagtaan ritiga kuu gadh qabanayne

Reerkoo gawaan dagay dadkoo gibbiladii waabtay

Anoo galangalciyo oon latuban furayna gaadiidka

Geedaha hadii lala dhexgalo, gudimo oodeedda

Galoon badhaxa uma dhaaniin karo, geedantada jaane

Guul iyo cidlay igu waddaa, goox aan yuurure’ee

Gosha laga cabsoon iyo xidhkay gooshu ka adeegi

Gaade iyo intay bahal isiin guur aan ka la’aado

Midda gaaban ee garabka iyo, guudku wada joogo

Ee socodka uma gaatisee, gididiflaynaysa

Ee gura ma laacdee ritiga juu, ku ganacgoysa

Janbal gibin ah een golos ahayn, guur aan ka la’aado

Carmal jeer hortay guursatay oo, geeda soo shidatay

0o iga gu’ wayn oo taqaan, gaadmo iyo dhuudmo

Waxay gogosha ii saxartirtoo, illaxidh goysaaba

Dhowr habayn markii lala golyoo, gaax lakala maalo

Gadaal bay lasoo bixi dabaro, hor ugu gaarnaaye

Intay galab i aynabi lahayd, guur aan ka la’aado

Midaan cowska soo guran aqoon, garab ku boodhlayda

Galgalin jiifta bacadka uun galgalan, gu’ iyo jiilaalba

Oo golaha qoyska iyo ninkaba, leexadu is goysay

Ee giiryar baa cunay i odhan, guur aan ka la’aado

Galbashada dharaartii midaan, gaadhka iga haynin

Een garanin goortii wakhtiga, aanan gafayn reerka

Een guurahaygii milshiyin, aar gudaan ahaye

Anoo luga gorgoray taagnidii, gogosha oo laaban

Intaan ciil la gow odhan lahaa, gaada iga haysa

Amaan goor xun daydayan lahaa, guur aan ka la’aado

Maradaan u gaday ayligaan gugakan, soo iibshay

Garbasaar hadaan ugu dariyo, boqoro giirgiiran

Wal maxidhato ganaca uun banayn, guur aan ka la’aado

Galoolka iyo cowskay badhkood, guna ka gooyaane

Garba duubantaan laga dayeyn, gala in ay laabto

Waxay hooyadeed garab dagtoo, la i gargaaraaba

Mar hadaan ka guurana haday, biidna garan waydo

Gabbaad kob aan lahayn kuma gam’ee, guur aan ka la’aado

Dumaal gaban leh gaayaa tufley, waa mas geed galaye

Hadaan wiilka guulguulo, way igu guhaadoone

Waa gool dhashii haysatee, guur aan ka la’aado

Gabdhahoo ciyaar tuman ragoo, yara dul goocaaca

Golostay ujeedeen haday, guluca soo saarto

Waxay guuntu boodoo ciyaar, daba gablaysaaba

Goobtii midii lagula hadhay, geedka dhiniciisa

Garaclayda geelada irmaan, guur aan ka la’aado

Gool wayn midii loo qalay iyo, gogol lasoo dhoobay

Gab haday tiraahdoo martidu, igu dul gowriirto

Weelkeedu tuu gorof yaheen, laguba gaaraynin

Nm guraar minkii loodhigeey, gobbi la yaabtaaye

Jntaan ciil la gow odhan lahaa, guur aan ka la’aado

Talaabada midaan gaw kasiin, goor ay soconayso

Oon gola baxayn oon xarago, gacanta saydhaynin

Een dumarka gaasirin gadigii, guur aan ka la’aado

Allow gaaridii Ioo xisho iyo, gabadha loo aayo

Raaliyo garaad badan mid aan, iga guhaadaynin

Adaan gacanta kuu hoos dhigtee, ha i gafsiin caawa.

The fact that another famous poet (Cabdulqaadir Xirsi YamYam) replied to the above gabay, with an equally timeless piece of artistic achievement; titled “Geed aan ka idhaahdo†is another matter which could discussed, but not my point!

Therefore Brother Nur, we are of the opinion that these points (which you understand them very well) should be taken into account for the next e-Nuri publications smile.gif

w/s

Nur   

S.O.S sis

That was immaculate, maashaAllah, thank you for sharing, I hade to scrample to find a Somali Dictioannary at times, but over all, the piece was descriptive and wise. Now, can you summarize main points as bullets and share with the latter day Nomads, we need to show them how rich our language is too.?

Nur

S.O.S   

Brother Nur, A/c.

I’m doing this hesitantly because the reason I posted the gabay in the first place was to disguise the point I was trying to make. Therefore judging by the silence of our usual suspects of pseudo ~ feminist and quasi ~ intellectual hooligans, who otherwise would’ve abused indiscriminately at every direction, respecting neither the sacred nor our cultural heritage (when compatible), is proof enough for me!

Sheekh Nur, do you remember Xuseen Dhiiqle’s “Qayaashmaash libaax baa dhurwaa qaybi yiri soore, Wuxuu yidhi hilbaha jeex bal qabo qoon dhan baan nahaye� It was not that the lion couldn’t or in fact needed to perform the task at hand, contrary, and it becomes apparent when the hyena fails to meet the wishes and finds himself helplessly exposed to danger. I hope this is not such case scenario as illustrated by the poet, but I’ll do the necessary in justifying my interpretation and how the prose survives the seemingly impossible test of time and carries the hidden message of my ideological foundations.

When you read for example:

“Gaar gaarka awrtiyo nirgaha, geela laga reebay

Gurijoogta xoolaha midaan, goosanka u diidinâ€

It only identifies the roles of the sexes, and their nurturing, training and teaching the children, and the care for the house in general.

Also:

“Geediga hayaanka ah midaan, gaadhin waligeedba

Ee gabanta loo sido sidii goodir, noo curatay

Waa geeri naagtaan ritiga kuu gadh qabanayne

Reerkoo gawaan dagay dadkoo gibbiladii waabtay

Anoo galangalciyo oon latuban furayna gaadiidka

Geedaha hadii lala dhexgalo, gudimo oodeedda

Galoon badhaxa uma dhaaniin karo, geedantada jaane

Guul iyo cidlay igu waddaa, goox aan yuurure’ee

Gosha laga cabsoon iyo xidhkay gooshu ka adeegi

Gaade iyo intay bahal isiin guur aan ka la’aadoâ€

Are very important as these lines refer to progress in both this world and the hereafter, and how women play their role in evolving of any kind of prosperity in a family, be it educationally, materially or practical organisation. But most importantly, the ultimate role of women and how they help their family by easing the way to paradise.

I hope that clarifies my thinking... smile.gif

W/s