Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

EA University opens branches in Galkayo

College of Education and The Institute of Nursing

This I trust is the way forward, and more effective approach than opening up new institutions with little, if any resources, human or otherwise. There ought to be a plan to amalgamate existing seats of learning whilst incorporating new ones into the fold. I applaud this initiative by the EA University, and do hope to see others i.e. Amouod and Hargeisa follow suit in places like Berbera and Buroa. I understand Buroa university is being planned. How about making it a part of Amoud or Hargeisa. I understand Nugaal and Puntland State universities are being planned. How about making them a part of EA university, thusly creating a synergy in human capital, resources, knowledge base and economies of scale.

Best of luck though,

College of Education and The Institute of Nursing

Sophist   

Indeed the geedi socod for illumination had begun. We should assist our brothers back home in any way we are able to do so.

WDude - that indeed is the way forward, and let us hope the process is being replicated in the land of Somalis.

Good to see in the "ardaa" my dear Sophist. Has been a while. Hope all is well in the land of the puffs and big wigs.

Sophist   

Good to see you too my old chap. I shall forsake the wig mate, the silk don't appeal to me! perhaps the tosh job of consultancy may tickle my fancy! oh well then again a gent shall never labour! oh well i just remember i am no genteel!!!!

How have you been? I shall be going to Ardaa and Jiidali in couple moons time insha Allah.

Been all right mate. Stranded in the land of the free and the brave heart. And to think Dubya would preside over such promise. Oh, well …

Consulting, better yet in the area of telecommunications (if you are quick enough on your feet) might not be such a bad omen, after all. The trouble with boxed up court rooms and stingy corridors of the Chancery benches where youthful, promising solicitors are damned in early years of their practice is that one missteps so often one’s throbbing deep veins give way before one could take pleasure in the sumptuous lifestyle that awaits, yet atonement for early jabbing rounds takes its toll, (not to mention prickly skull that seen never the light of day).

Do remember your good chums in SOL, and share your experiences upon reaching Jiidali territory.

Best of luck,

Cheers.

Sophist   

Being a solicitor in the city is glamorous career—lots of money and pre-occupied long days and if you enjoy a bit fizzy then my fellow you would be in for a delish treat! Oh well that never allured me!!!!. The Bar is more suited with my persona. It is not for the timid or those who can easily be tamed. But also not for a man whose house is not well oiled, it is the last prerequisite that I fail rather miserably. Being a pupil at one of the INNS of the court is quite a poor position to hold for two long years of which one (unless you have a big wig as a family or freind) has no grantees to get a good tenancy—it is the play ground for Etonian and Horrovian boys with Oxbridge education and large Trust funds. Education and intelligent aside, connections is what works here! Unlike your side of the Atlantic this is not the “Land of Opportunity†more of land of nepotism! Oh well then again if one is passionate about anything one is guaranteed to attain ones goal; of course many disaapointments shall be persisted, “success†will be an eventuality. Am I really passionate enough? What was my purpose of studying the LAW? This I ask myself constantly, and the response is not remotely because of some higher ideals but indeed selfish little ego thing! This is where I part my way. To this end I shall sail with McKenzie! with skills one gains from Law degree, consultancy should be play in the park-- or so I am telling myself.

Good news. Strong, independent higher education institutions will have a huge impact on the political, social and economic development of our people.

Samuria, I agree that pooling resources and putting more money into existing universities would have a better impact on the quality of education provided than creating new universities. Then again, I have never been one to say no to increasing the number of education-providers anywhere. So am happy either way.

Sophist,

You have exceptional networking and interpersonal skills. I have no doubt, whatsoever, that you'll make a success of anything you put your mind to. Insha Allah.

BN   

Good news indeed. I very much agree with the above posters, it does make more practical sense to have a single extensive and networked post-secondary institution; where the sharing of resources is better facilitated and the costs more widely distributed. But let us not lose hope, this is early days yet!

Sophist   

Barwaaqo, <---your name says it all walaalo. How are you these days? Have you heard from our chairman? rumour has it the conference will be in November.