Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

Peace for All

Sophist   

What is happening in Mogadishu is thoroughly disgusting. Both the government and the opposition are to blame for the innocent lives being lost daily.

War dadka Rabi haloo baryo!

Hadaad nabad-doon tahay kobtan magacaaga kuqor.

Sophist

Originally posted by Sophist:

What is happening in Mogadishu is thoroughly disgusting. Both the government and the opposition are to blame for the innocent lives being lost daily.

War dadka Rabi haloo baryo!

Hadaad nabad-doon tahay kobtan magacaaga kuqor.

Sophist

Waxaan ku weeydiiyay Safiyo, ninka Itoobiya meesha ugu danbeysa kasoo hayaamay si uu dalka iyo dadkiisa u burburiyo waaba la gartee, maxaad eeda ula rabtaa ninka diintiisa iyo gurigiisa dulmi loola beegsaday, oo waliba cidna aan dhib iyo balaayo u geysan?

Wuxuu yiri Allah, "hadaad hadleysaan cadaalad ku hadla...."

Ilaahow inaan cadaalad sheegno hana garab marin, yaa Rabi!

Peacenow   

Originally posted by TheSomaliEconomist:

peacenow, are you insinuating that the ICU had bringed forth the opportunity for Somalia to embark on an extreme makeover á la S.Korea?

Last year, you would have learned. That, I was one of the most ardent crictics of the ICU. I don't like religion and I don't want the worst excess of Arab culture to be transplanted into Somalia ala' the ICU. They keep their underwater hotels and shopping malls, but exporting u]absurdities like banning cinema and music. No thank you.

But I recognise, that I certainly don't favour a Ethiopian controlled entity like the TFG, either. That in my opinion has cancelled it's potential benefits. Quite frankly, since it is in cahoots with it, it can join it. Over in Ethiopia, that is.

I look over to the east, in countries I have spent well some time Singapore and Malaysia. And can only marvel at them. Singapore especially. Singapore done it by growing at the rate of 8% on average, from the period of 1960 to 1999. Somalia in 1960 was better of than either of them. There is nothing about Somalia, that can't replicate them. Quite frankly we need to reject Arab and Black culture and instead use the long coast that we have and look east. So much need done and can.

^^ Well before we loose ourselves in dreams, we need to reckon 'Maslow's hierarchy of needs' and also bear in mind to emanate from it when discussing plans of nation-building.

The above mentioned theory tells us that before the country can be reconstructed and further developed it must first re-establish Safety among it's population. This part is currently happening now as we see more police officers being trained and sent into duty & weapons disarmament in progress, among other things.