Sign in to follow this  
Kulmiye

Rap and their attitude toward Women

Kulmiye   

Rappers will say their music has no effect on people's behavior, but rather, it shows life in America today what kind music we get and how it portrays negative attitudes toward women, especially black women.

My main focus is to father who fail to teach, explain and instill into their sons the fact that black women and black girls are not to be disrespected, period.

Civilized black men teach their sons to respect all women regardless of their race. Black men who have a thorough knowledge of self, know without question that black women, in all their glory, beauty, and splendor, are referred to as the Mothers of Civilization. Black men who refer to black women as *****es and ho's don't realize that statistics show that nearly half (48.2%) of black households are headed by black women. (http://www.the-infoshop.com/press/pf16755_en.shtml)

That's a very ugly situation... Man how can you you talked women like that? Didn't she raise you, clothed you, feed you, and put a roof over your head- despite the circumstances of being single-mother? I wonder how would Malcolm X feel about this, if he were alive today?

I believe Malcolm would intelligently and strategically attack that mentality. I believe he would expose it for what it's worth. I also believe he would CHALLENGE the black men for being childish and irresponsible. He would also challenge their manhood by giving them the definition of what a boy is and what a (real) man is.

But who knows where gangster rap will go from here? Even with so much

negative response by the public, the music will still be bought and played...

Nephissa   

There's always something good out there, it's not all corn ball rappers singing about how many ho's they got, or how much bling-bling they got, or other cheesy stuff.

There are some mainstream rappers that actually are great like Twista, Busta Rhymes, etc..

Anyways, try them and if you like em or want suggestions, just message me... :D

Lean Back!

Originally posted by Bishy:

There's always something good out there, it's not all corn ball rappers singing about how many ho's they got, or how much bling-bling they got, or other cheesy stuff.

There are some mainstream rappers that actually are great like Twista, Busta Rhymes, etc..

Anyways, try them and if you like em or want suggestions, just message me...
:D

Lean Back!

See waaye yakhee?? The Lean Back is sooooo 2003 nooh. Get with the programme walashis,these days its the Lean wit it, rock wit it ![Dem Franchize boyz for the hiphopilically challenged :D ]...

Goes like...Lean wit it, rock wit it...I bounce in the club so the ho's call me Rocky..bla bla bla...Lean wit it, rock wit it :D

Nephissa   

^ :D:D

I'm with the program alright!

*Grabs the hairbrush, sings and dances to: You know my hips don't lie, come se lama, bonita, mi casa, su casa :D whaa..whaa! L000L.

Originally posted by Bishy:

^
:D:D

I'm with the program alright!

*Grabs the hairbrush, sings and dances to
You know my hips don't lie, come se lama, bonita, mi casa, su casa
:D
whaa..whaa!
L000L.

Oh La la la la....I see you are hittin' me with some LATINA flava,maybe i should call you Bishitta , smile.gif .

You know everytime Wycliffe says that i feel bad[becoz i wanted to say that! :D ],but seriously Wycliffe can be her father,whats with his sheeko?

But Goodness gracious that Shakira is one blessed MAMACITA...words alone cannot express it,but if i were to use words,then it will be the words of her greatness ruler of the great kingdom of Jimcalea her majesty JIMCALEE : "Inaba caadhi ma'oho" :D

Gr8 song Bishy,cant get the song outta me mind hada... come se lama, bonita, mi casa, su casa .....

Castro   

Rap is ok but a little too fast (and vulgar) for my taste nowadays. About the only rap I can stomach is Cee-lo. 80's soul and r+b is the way to go. Legends like Freddie Jackson, Levert, Karyn White, Regina Belle, Keith Sweat, Atlantic Starr, Marvin Gaye, The Commodores, etc. Never cuss at anyone and the music matched the tremendous vocal talents. I'm so stuck in the 80's.

Bishitta, it is a Crime to Sing "Hips dont lie" if you are not blessed with "Hips flexo".

Castro...Sxb add these to the list - Kashif, Alexander O'neil, Steve B, Kool & the Gang :D

On Serious Note, I don't listen to music [intentionally] these days...it bores me..I listen to the qaseedah of Afasy..very very soothing to the soul and elavates the senses...

Cheers

CHE   

Hola!

But who knows where gangster rap will go from here? Even with so much

negative response by the public, the music will still be bought and played...

Rap enjoys more success than any other genre.Most rap sales are made to white folks by white labels.If we are to do at all, it should be capitalism and the white record labels that should be called to account.Rappers are not blameless either.Young Buck,who has known more hoes in his lifetime than decent women,will call a hoes,hoes.But then, that becomes a matter of being discourteous,and that is the extent it contributes to the misfortunes of black america.

Please understand this whole dang on nation thrives on negativity.Bad image sells like a madarfakar.

I wonder how would Malcolm X feel about this, if he were alive today?

That negro is tossing in his grave,guarantee! and it has more to do with Jesse Jackson raping the Negro Cause than some negro calling things as he sees.The black plight not-looking good for a ton of reasons,and rap vulgarity is the last to be blamed.

As for rappers, many mean well,respect and uphold the virtues of the black woman.BTW, NAS is coming out with a new album.

Khalaf   

Yo yo my peeps, I know an artist and a track that is off the hook fo shizzle my nizzles.

This track fo real...is soothing to the soul….elevates the senses….good for the heart.

Try it peeps, burn it and listen to it in your car. The artist is Sheikh Abdul Basit's, the track Al-Quran.

check it out:

Al-Quran

The vast majority of the women rappers see and deal with in their daily lives are hoes. No question about it.

So what's wrong with rappers speaking about their personal experiences with these women?

Rappers will say their music has no effect on people's behavior,

That's true. No effect whatsoever.

The idea of blaming rappers for others' behavior is equivalent to parents who blame videogames whenever their psycho kids shoot up schools.

Nonsense, I say. Nonsense!