galbeedi

The Somali diaspora is out of touch of reality.

galbeedi   

It is nice to be home. While in Mogadishu nothing has changed about the attitude of the diaspora. 

Youtube channels are usually for click and bait, but the Somali run one's and out of the ordinary. I like the partisan and clannish youtubers who bare everything and attack the weaknesses of their opponents. During the SSC liberation war, Kabtan Atuub was popular. He wasn't sentimental about others, but has practical partisan points that supported the base, what you get was what you see. His cause was just and  he was very successful.  These days I  barely watch Somali Youtubers these days because they all got fake news and further analyze that fake news itself.

Yesterday I did listen to Sheikh Abdi Hersy and was shocked about his peddling of some fake unreliable news.

The Sheikh is very popular and does a good work in terms his vocal support for  the restoration of dignified Somali nation in general and pointing out the greed of Somali leaders whether they are in Garoowe, Hargeisa or Mogadishu. He doesn't hide his affiliation with Nabad Iyo Nolol crowd and he is a proud member of the flag bearers of the Farmaajo group. Sometimes being a diehard supporter of a group could blind you your outlook in politics and the life itself.

In his latest video, he is attacking the former NISA director Mahad Salaad for being Al-shbaab. As an educated Sheikh, he should be very careful how he frames these issues. I remember few years ago when HSM was bombed by Al-shbaab from left and right, some SOL residents accused him of being Al-shbaab supporter. Al-shbaab tried to kill HSM from day one when he took office yet, this crowd accused him of affiliation.

Mahad Salaad seems to be the most successful NISA director since 2012. For the last 12 months, Mogadishu has seen three or four bombings only. Targeted killings have almost disappeared and if someone is killed the chances of being caught is 90%. Undercover officers room the markets and streets. CCTV camera have been deployed widely throughout the city, and even other crimes of banditry and extortions are resolved through camera. This week, the Heliwaa Police chief has been convicted of extension and murder. The prosecutors of the Banaadir region used CCTV camera to reveal his activity using his personal car, where he bought the face masks, up to the minute when the murder took and finally went to a hotel. The rule of law is shaping up great in Mogadishu. When was the last time you saw a police captain been tried in a court and found guilty anywhere in Somalia?

Yet,  Sheikh Abdi is saying Mahad Salaad himself is the bomber who works for Al-shbaab. How could the NISA director who is fight the group could be accused of aiding and abetting the enemy he is fighting?. HSM didn't fire Mahad, in fact, when I landed in Mogadishu in February, one official told me that he is planning to leave and run for Galmudg leadership. I said, " isn't NISA one of the most powerful agencies of the state, why is he doing this?

I hope the sheikh should be very careful of his reputation and discuss the political issues after he verifies the veracity of what he is saying. Otherwise he would be like any other Fake Youtuber who want to be popular regardless of the facts. Furthermore, being an Imaam of a Masjid carries a heavy weight and integrity that must be protected.

Illyria   

Waaryaa yaa reer magaal, instead of watching yt, travel round the city from Afgooye to Jawhar, just 20 miles+, and tell us what is going on. Talk to, and tell us about:

• Usage of US Dollar, as [the] currency in circulation, and its immense adverse economic implications for the average family,
  • Mothers hawking fruits and khat on street corners (imagine a Mulsim mother peddling narcotics/drugs to feed her family),
  • Paupers roaming the streets,
  • Metal and garage workers pouring engine oil and metal residue at Bakaare,
  • Young police officers manning city streets in sandals on a 200$ salary,
  • Fat cat civil servants i.e. Ministers, MPs etc, suckling unto the bleeding bosom of Maandeeq,
  • Segregation between diaspora folks and natives,
  • Costly cafes and food at mid-range restaurants out of reach of the average resident,
  • The reason a glass of mango or papaya is more expensive in Xamar than Dubai,
  • Tawdry and debauchery at Xadiqa al Salam formerly "Ceelgaab" environ,
  • And so forth and so one.

Duufaan   
5 hours ago, galbeedi said:

It is nice to be home. While in Mogadishu nothing has changed about the attitude of the diaspora. 

Youtube channels are usually for click and bait, but the Somali run one's and out of the ordinary. I like the partisan and clannish youtubers who bare everything and attack the weaknesses of their opponents. During the SSC liberation war, Kabtan Atuub was popular. He wasn't sentimental about others, but has practical partisan points that supported the base, what you get was what you see. His cause was just and  he was very successful.  These days I  barely watch Somali Youtubers these days because they all got fake news and further analyze that fake news itself.

Yesterday I did listen to Sheikh Abdi Hersy and was shocked about his peddling of some fake unreliable news.

The Sheikh is very popular and does a good work in terms his vocal support for  the restoration of dignified Somali nation in general and pointing out the greed of Somali leaders whether they are in Garoowe, Hargeisa or Mogadishu. He doesn't hide his affiliation with Nabad Iyo Nolol crowd and he is a proud member of the flag bearers of the Farmaajo group. Sometimes being a diehard supporter of a group could blind you your outlook in politics and the life itself.

In his latest video, he is attacking the former NISA director Mahad Salaad for being Al-shbaab. As an educated Sheikh, he should be very careful how he frames these issues. I remember few years ago when HSM was bombed by Al-shbaab from left and right, some SOL residents accused him of being Al-shbaab supporter. Al-shbaab tried to kill HSM from day one when he took office yet, this crowd accused him of affiliation.

Mahad Salaad seems to be the most successful NISA director since 2012. For the last 12 months, Mogadishu has seen three or four bombings only. Targeted killings have almost disappeared and if someone is killed the chances of being caught is 90%. Undercover officers room the markets and streets. CCTV camera have been deployed widely throughout the city, and even other crimes of banditry and extortions are resolved through camera. This week, the Heliwaa Police chief has been convicted of extension and murder. The prosecutors of the Banaadir region used CCTV camera to reveal his activity using his personal car, where he bought the face masks, up to the minute when the murder took and finally went to a hotel. The rule of law is shaping up great in Mogadishu. When was the last time you saw a police captain been tried in a court and found guilty anywhere in Somalia?

Yet,  Sheikh Abdi is saying Mahad Salaad himself is the bomber who works for Al-shbaab. How could the NISA director who is fight the group could be accused of aiding and abetting the enemy he is fighting?. HSM didn't fire Mahad, in fact, when I landed in Mogadishu in February, one official told me that he is planning to leave and run for Galmudg leadership. I said, " isn't NISA one of the most powerful agencies of the state, why is he doing this?

I hope the sheikh should be very careful of his reputation and discuss the political issues after he verifies the veracity of what he is saying. Otherwise he would be like any other Fake Youtuber who want to be popular regardless of the facts. Furthermore, being an Imaam of a Masjid carries a heavy weight and integrity that must be protected.

Galbeedi

. You maybe right about Youtubers attitudes and their popularity. I can’t really give any credit for Mahad Salad for the security of Moqdisho. Alshaydaan activities has been declining for while since the last two years of Farmaajo. This trend is everywhere in the country From Boosaaso to Kismaanyo. I don’t know the reason. It has nothing to do with Mahad Salad. The group has been around for long time for the Somali standard. Their time is coming to end anyway.

There were some rumors that Xalane people asked Hassan Sheikh for his removal and these people play both sides. The fact that he tried to blackmail Hormud and when they refused to give him what he wanted, it is real **********isem that doesn’t belong to security forces 

galbeedi   

Ilriya, I was talking about security not real life. You seem to be jumping all over the place.

In terms of cost of living issues and management of the capital, those issues do exist. In fact, I my future writing I will write about the disorganized manner the Bajjaaj , which is the most important public transport, which employs probably 20,000 drivers and their families, crisscross the city with an organized disorder, or the Waberi district streets full of garbage on the streets.

This is Somalia, and there is a lot of bad news to talk about until the cows come home, yet things are getting better, and we should tell people the good news and the glad tiding on the horizon.

Waa Ramadaan ee Ummadda Khayr iyo wanaag ugu bishaareeya.

In terms to the coast of living,  while inflation is making life difficult for everyone, the so called Mango juice you talking about is probably too much from high end hotels, but the regular people pay 80% less than the hotels.

I went to Karamel restaurant in KM 5 and the meal was around $12 American dollars, then few nights after I went " Isgoyska Fagax"  ate three loaves of Muufo, Suqaar, banana and Saliid Macsaro for just $3 dollars. The cost of living is always cheaper the more you go south and if Al-shaytaan are destroyed, the rich fertile land of Shabeelle would even make fruits and vegetables much cheaper.

In terms of using dollars, it is the only way to fight rampant inflation and the crazy fluctuation of the American dollar. In Kenya, six months ago, one American dollar was 100 Shillings, in February it 160 Shillings, that is 60% increase. 

Illyria   
9 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I went to Karamel restaurant in KM 5 and the meal was around $12 American dollars, then few nights after I went " Isgoyska Fagax"  ate three loaves of Muufo, Suqaar, banana and Saliid Macsaro for just $3 dollars. The cost of living is always cheaper the more you go south and if Al-shaytaan are destroyed, the rich fertile land of Shabeelle would even make fruits and vegetables much cheaper.

In terms of using dollars, it is the only way to fight rampant inflation and the crazy fluctuation of the American dollar. In Kenya, six months ago, one American dollar was 100 Shillings, in February it 160 Shillings, that is 60% increase.

That is a travesty on a grand scale. A fine meal at a decent restaurant in Bangalore (Kannada, S India) and in Medan (N Sumatra, Indonesia) is a couple of dollars at most. A glass of fresh mango is 0.25+/- cents. Just wanted to prick your fat belly, and redirect your focus unto wherein lies the ailment, lest you got comfortable downing those smoothies in your adulation of HSM & Co, and forgot the simmering amber under the soles of the average resident of the city. 

11 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Karmeel ayaa i soo xasuusisay. Alaabtaan hoose ka cunay last time Xamar joogay in Oktoobar, 2019.

1709414661894.jpg

Karmeel, Alcaasimaha, Guryasamo, Pizza House, Dolphin iyo kuwa kale ka soo dhadhamiyey sanadkaas.

Illyria   

Those are just diaspora haunts, and not genuine. Go and find Cad & Caano kitchen, where some of the best, healthy Somali cuisine is being prepared in front of you. The owners, husband (reer SG by way of Dubmuluq) and wife (reer Hodan), a lovely couple, were planning to relocate to a new location, when I last dined there last year.

My favourites: Garow, digir, soor, hadhuudh etc. served with veggies, fish, steak etc with some of the best herbal sauces.

Here he opened a school.

Here he is at his best when he started experimentation.

They recently opened inside masaajidka Sheekh Cali Jimcaale garoonka u dhow.

Markaa tagaaye ma furneen filaa. Anyway, these restaurants dadka ayaa kugu casuumaayo ee kama diidi kartid. Plus I enjoyed. Ra'iisul wasaare Kheyre was in that Guryasamo restaurant on that night we were there. Twenty minutes after we left ayuu booqday.

• Like 1

Illyria   

I intentionally avoid spots popular with politicians, their coat hungers and rogue elements, and opt for hidden local gems where one could enjoy a decent meal whilst breaking bread with the locals, with the conversation alone being beyond one's imagination. Diaspora folks are pompous rascals on wheels lacking authenticity.