Sign in to follow this  
Miskin

A Question

Miskin   

Just wondering!!

Do so called intellectuals who live abroad have the right to comment so publicly on the country they left behind, how much do they really know about ordinary lives there, or with the help of this globolised media they think they are as well informed as those back home.

Miskin

Johnny B   

If your question is about " the right to comment on the affairs of the country they left behind " then the answer is simply YES.

If you meant their comments accuracy and the consultancy consistent and maybe their views beeing regarded as SOLID expertise, then you have a good point.

Coloow   

Miskin, you raise an intresting point and what might be the nexus for the somali problem. We somalis have defined what the term intellectual is. I was surprised a few months ago when my Qaad chewing uncle who never went to school was called "intellectual" by a website and when an old family friend of mine who failed his secondary school exam in sweden was called Dr!

Anyway, I think every somali has a right to utter what he/she blvs in- but we shouldn't use titles like "dr.intellectual etc" to differentiate ourselves from the masses....

Wlc back Caaqil... Has the donkey business taken shape? smile.gif

To your Q, Miskin. They do. They have left the country behind for a reason and they want to see changes so they can go back. Their "opinions" should matter. They have a wide variety of expereince that can benefit the country.

Miskin   

Thanks guys for your different opinions.

but my question was, how much do these so called intellectuals really know about ordinary lives back home?. Are their comments based on something tangible or is it just (fadhi ku dirir)

Miskin