Sign in to follow this  
me

Politics War - clips

Oodweyne   

^^^ :D:D

Well, I have to give to you in here, particularly in the sense of seeing the situations that Somalis found themselves in from so many "obscure" historical references of the past. Particularly, in this context of the Athenian's aggression against the defenceless Melos island of that time; which has been rendered rather wonderfully in that re-enactment of the classical literature, indeed.

Now, since one knows who is "Athenians" and who is supposed to be "Melos" in here or at least, your intention to used that historical episode as a "short-hand" for what is taking place in-terms of Somaliland vs. SSC context; then, one could only say that it really is a "perverted analogy" that you seemed to be parading in here.

For, "textual context", not "literal interpretation" of the past is what an intellectual honesty would of have compel you to engage in here (if you were ever interesting in that sort of thing, in the first place), at least at our expense, indeed. Not this sort of "solipsism" in action, mind you.

But, then, again, since you were thinking this far, then, that ought to be something that others should not be churlish about it, indeed. And, if the course of your hurried reasoning (which is very much in evidence in here), you may have over-looked certain rigorous examination of the material that is before you; and furthermore, it's applicability to the situation in our neck-of-the-wood seemed to have escaped you completely, then, by all means, one ought to forgive you in here, indeed, dear lad. icon_razz.gif

Since, such a "detail analysis" of the material (both in historical context and in a political setting) was always bound to be something that is beyond you, indeed, my friend... ;)

Regards,

Oodweyne.

me   

Oodweyne I must disappoint you, this is not about the SSC & Somaliland issue. For the odds between SSC & Somaliland are not as you would like to believe like those between the Athenians and Melos.

Haatu   

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

lol, we did this in international relations seminar.

Future NGO worker eh :D

Oodweyne   

^^^Mr. Me,

Any idea when you will gather all of the these posts into a holistic meaning, or at least, into a well-knit composition, which in turn will tell us as to why you have chosen these disparate groups of historical narratives?

Or are we meant to assume, without speaking about it rather loudly, that, yours is an exercise that has no forethought meaning of any kind attached to it, indeed. And thus, it was essentially something that took your fleeting fancy at the spur of the moment; particularly, as you twaddle and ho-hum your way across the nooks and the crannies of the internet, indeed... ;)

Regards,

Oodweyne.

me   

Oodweyne,

See this as an exercise in history for your benefit. We can all attach certain interpretations to these clips, but I wouldn't want to force my interpretation on you, as you are fully capable in reaching your own conclusions.

Oodweyne   

^^^ :D:D

Looks to me that someone is not so sure of the "historical thesis" (or should that be synthesis) in which one ought to draw for his labours before others, indeed. At least if your futile exercise that is in here are to be any guide, at all... icon_razz.gif

In other words; I do understand, my friend, as to why you are so "mischievously coy" with us in here. For you think that your case (such as it could amount to at the end of the day) won't be much of an "intellectual dyke" that will hold the weight of the water in which these disparate streams of "distinct narratives" will cumulatively make up in turn, indeed.... ;)

Regards,

Oodweyne.