Che -Guevara

Somaliland and Ethiopia signs "Historic" MoU on access to Red Sea and Establishment of Naval Base

Illyria   
11 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

they want to build a future port on the territory they want to lease how ever that is not feasble because  ethiopia doesnt have the money to build a  new port

But if they could raise the funds, and want to build a port, it is acceptable to you?

ofcourse not  that would make Berbera  useless that is economically suicide . How ever if they insist  on  having a port we need a new agreement where as they give us more concession such as fertile land in Ethiopia one of the coffee farms and where we can produce vegies and fruits and even export it . only then we can agree to something  like that. a lease for a lease.. So far its just a naval base though  and their share in berbera port and a possible joint Miliitary alliance  These 3 principles we know . Comercial port has not been discussed so far

Illyria   
16 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

ofcourse not  that would make Berbera  useless that is economically suicide . How ever if they insist  on  having a port we need a new agreement where as they give us more concession such as fertile land in Ethiopia one of the coffee farms and where we can produce vegies and fruits and even export it . only then we can agree to something  like that. a lease for a lease.. So far its just a naval base though  and their share in berbera port and a possible joint Miliitary alliance  These 3 principles we know . Comercial port has not been discussed so far

I am trying to follow your thought process: If Ethiopia agrees to give a farming land in return, you would willing to trade that for a land for a naval base and a port on the Red Sea for Ethiopia?

1 minute ago, Illyria said:

I am trying to follow your thought process: If Ethiopia agrees to give a farming land in return, you would willing to trade that for a land for a naval base and a port on the Red Sea for Ethiopia?

Yes  if the  fertile land they gave us as a lease gives us enough revenue to cover for the port revenue we made we just need anoter pillar of our economy we have livestock  we have the port trade , if we are willing to lose the port trade  then we need to get something in return something that fill that Gap. So far  Ethiopia exchanged  Ethiopian ariline share  and recognition for a lease on the coast for their navy this is the facts we have. Nothing yet about a comerical  port

Illyria   
2 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Yes  if the  fertile land they gave us as a lease gives us enough revenue to cover for the port revenue we made we just need anoter pillar of our economy we have livestock  we have the port trade , if we are willing to lose the port trade  then we need to get something in return something that fill that Gap. So far  Ethiopia exchanged  Ethiopian ariline share  and recognition for a lease on the coast for their navy this is the facts we have. Nothing yet about a comerical  port

You do realise 78% of SL annual revenue is sourced through Berbera port. For now I am intentionally not bringing in the regional security threat that would pose.

Just now, Illyria said:

You do realise 78% of SL annual revenue is sourced through Berbera port.

Well who says that is going to stop we will still use our ports , even today  only less then 15 percent is used by Ethiopia . Ethiopia still doesnt fully use it , Berbera will still be used domestically by us we will just lose a potential client. But we neet to get the revenue  from some place  else most income comes from tax   via berbera and that still will happen  and the customs In kala baydh and wajaale and that is not gonne stop either. We will only make a killing if Ethiopia uses our ports 40 percent then we will make allot of money. As of today most of our income comes from our domestic use  the tax we put on our imports and the live stock export. 

Illyria   
3 minutes ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Well who says that is going to stop we will still use our ports , even today  only less then 15 percent is used by Ethiopia . Ethiopia still doesnt fully use it , Berbera will still be used domestically by us we will just lose a potential client. But we neet to get the revenue  from some place  else most income comes from tax   via berbera and that still will happen  and the customs In kala baydh and wajaale and that is not gonne stop either. We will only make a killing if Ethiopia uses our ports 40 percent then we will make allot of money. As of today most of our income comes from our domestic use  the tax we put on our imports and the live stock export.

Of SL's 2023 annual budget of 420m, who much of that do you think is from taxes?

On 3/4/2024 at 10:58 AM, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Yusuuf gaboobe is Well knonw Somaliland veteran as a young teen ager he was a member of the SNM the liberation army of Somaliland in the 1980s.. He indrectly works for the SL government he is also the owner of the haatuf news paper

how much money was given in USD, neer heard of him? 

Just now, maakhiri1 said:

how much money was given in USD, neer heard of him? 

Yusu gaboobe is a well known SNM veteran from hargeisa he joined the SNM as a young teenage boy i met him a few times  in Jigjiga , his family was also established in jigjiga.. he is a good lad..  i think about 40 grand not much

Just now, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Yusu gaboobe is a well known SNM veteran from hargeisa he joined the SNM as a young teenage boy i met him a few times  in Jigjiga , his family was also established in jigjiga.. he is a good lad..  i think about 40 grand not much

Good bonus , considering he has other businesses.

hope he is not one of those dedicated in misinformation,  as journalist, follow facts, not misinfomation

He is very dedicated to his job he owns the haatuf news paper  he was veery outspoken and anti Daahir rayaale and had been a  loyal man to Kulmiye for over a decade 

15 minutes ago, Illyria said:

Of SL's 2023 annual budget of 420m, who much of that do you think is from taxes?

about 75 percent comes from tax, custums   and 25 percent is inland revenue

Illyria   
1 hour ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

about 75 percent comes from tax, custums   and 25 percent is inland revenue

I could see you skipped school the day economics and accountancy were being taught. Last time I peeked at the budget for 2023: 87% of the revenue is through customs and excise, 78% of which is through Berbera. The primary user of Berbera has been Ethiopia for a number of years. Wajaale & Kalabaydh customs are relevant because of Berbera, and in the event Ethiopia has its own port, neither would be relevant. Now, do you want to revisit your original statement of being able to do with less revenue from Berbera? 

2 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

hope he is not one of those dedicated in misinformation,  as journalist, follow facts, not misinfomation

Aalkuluustahaan Gaboobe la baxay Twitteka xaarkiisa ku walaaqo maa wariye moodaa? He posts nothing but aflagaado iyo been against the rest of Soomaalis. Waa qashin sarqaansan.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

5 hours ago, Illyria said:

I could see you skipped school the day economics and accountancy were being taught. Last time I peeked at the budget for 2023: 87% of the revenue is through customs and excise, 78% of which is through Berbera. The primary user of Berbera has been Ethiopia for a number of years. Wajaale & Kalabaydh customs are relevant because of Berbera, and in the event Ethiopia has its own port, neither would be relevant. Now, do you want to revisit your original statement of being able to do with less revenue from Berbera? 

Ethiopia doesnt use berbera here u are wrong  , Ethiopia only uses 10 percent berbera here is where u lack or dont know  Ethiopia uses 90 percent of its port import and export in Jabuuti