Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Mufti of Somalia on suicide attacks(against the enemy)

Taliban   

Originally posted by Geel_Jire12:

How widely respected in Somalia is this Sheikh?

I believe he has a high approval ratings among conservative Somalis.

BiLaaL   

Sheekh Cabdinuur is very well respected not only among the Somali population but also among the 'Uluma. Even Sheekh Cumar faaruuq, himself a leading figure, based his recent fatwa on the authority of Sheekh Cabinuur. Sheekh Faaruuq siduu u arko, Sheekh Cabdinuur "waa muftideeni hadii aan Soomali nahay". Sheekhu taasi waxuu kusii daray in Sheekh Cabdinuur uu isku darsaday, "Da'a, diin iyo Allah kacabsi".

We are lucky that Allah has blessed with 'Uluma who are not afraid to reason according to the Qu'ran and the Sunnah in times of difficulty. Many islamic countries have been let down by their 'Uluma in times of need; even those who have taken a stance did so without the unambiguous statements being uttered by Sheekh Cabdinuur.

May Allah increase their wisdom and may they continue to speak words of truth.

nuune   

Sheikh Sharif Cabdinur Ilaahay ha barakeeyo, caafimaad iyo cimri dheerna ha siiyo, waa Mufti Maashaa Allaah, codkarnimo iyo aftahanimo isku darsadey, daraasooyin badan oo diini ah ayaan sheekhan ka qaatey intooda badana ah Cilmul-Axaadiith.

Taliban   

And what are peoples views on the Shiekhs stance on "suicide attacks" against the enemy?

Whose people do you mean? SOL people or those in Somalia? And do you support "suicide attacks" against the enemy? If not, why?

Dhubad.   

And what are peoples views on the Shiekhs stance on "suicide attacks" against the enemy?

As long as it is directed to the enemy is permissible according to AL-bani Rahimahu-Allah (AKA The Mufti of the century ). So I guess it is OK but not something I would have done....I would rather my AK47 and kill as many as I can before it hits me.