Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

What the news failed to report

Biixi   

Somali news outlets, BBC-AfSomali being the oldest, have been reporting about Somalia since before I was born so what "News" are we talking about? We've our own "NEWS" outlets ,however imparfect, that is doing a good job in reporting about Somalia. Every body knows Western/Arab Media only reports news that effects them directly.

Biixi   

Somali news outlets, BBC-AfSomali being the oldest, have been reporting about Somalia since before I was born so what "News" are we talking about? We've our own "NEWS" outlets ,however imparfect, that is doing a good job in reporting about Somalia. Every body knows Western/Arab Media only reports news that effects them directly.

Aljasiira [the English version at least I see at home] did show and it was the only international news brand that routinely shows what happens in Soomaaliya.

But lately their news headlines were consumed by Bakistaan and every pin drop about Musharaf and that parachuted lady called Buuto.

Waxaaba labadoodaba kula yaabay when they do hold a press conference, they deliberately and completely hold the session in Ingiriis and not in Urdu. It tells you how less they value and hold contempt of their own fellow Bakistaani citizens than the international community; it also tells you both worry about international community [read Mareykanka and Midowga Yurub] than the fate and future of their own country.