Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Perfect your chat-up lines

Faheema.   

Ladies, how many times have you heard lame and pathetic chat up lines???

More than times than you can remember right…

Well, I have come across just the thing today that might be of some use to the brothers and sisters (brave ones) who wish to take the plunge.

The perfect opening 'line' should provoke a positive response and get them interested. If it gets you both talking - without causing offence - you've got a result, because going up to a stranger and starting a conversation is nerve-wracking, but it's all about having a positive attitude. 'Don't get yourself in a state. If you think you'll be rejected, you probably will be! The three things to remember are that it doesn't matter if they say no, this is just a bit of fun; that you're not looking for a relationship, but looking to make friends; and that if you keep telling yourself how fantastic you are, others will start to think it too.' lool

There is no guaranteed success every time with these winning lines, but at least they'll have your dignity intact at the end.

Sure-fire winners

'Do you have the time?'

One of the oldest tricks in the book, but a winner if only because it opens a dialogue between you and your intended. Of course, trying the time thang while you're wearing a watch is a bit of a giveaway, but if you can brazen it out, then you could be on to something good.

'I've lost my phone number. Can I have yours?'

Guaranteed to raise a smile - and probably a conversation into the bargain. This one requires a little bit of confidence, a big grin and a set of raised eyebrows.

'I'm ugly, I don't deny it - but surely you can kiss me out of pity?'

Funny, cheeky, and if delivered with a winning smile, guaranteed to get a laugh - and possibly more than just a peck on the cheek!

Or try these - if you dare!

• 'Do you believe in love at first sight? Can I walk by again then?'

• 'Is that a ladder in your tights, or a stairway to heaven?'

• 'It's hot in here... no wait, it's just you!'

• 'I've lost my bed... can I sleep in yours?'

• 'Can I flirt with you? I need the practise, you see...'

• 'What winks and makes love like a tiger?' (Then wink and walk away...)

• 'Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?'

Definite no-no's

If you're not very confident at making that first move, don't despair - your line could never be as bad as this little selection...

'If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?' The classic 'cringer' - even though it's often quoted in chat-up line 'collections', this one's the perfect example of what not to say: it'll get them laughing, but at you, not with you.

'You're so hot, when I look at you I get a tan'

Not even a practised flirt could get away with this one: a combination of ingratiating smarm and repellent overconfidence. It might make you smile, but more likely you'd also be reaching for your coat and heading for the door.

•'You must be feeling tired, because you've been running through my dreams all night'

So cheesy it hurts, not even bags of confidence could make this one sound convincing. Try only if you can cope with outright rejection!

If you thought those were bad, try this selection for size:

• 'Do you come here often?'

• 'You're so beautiful, I can't believe God didn't keep you for himself.'

• 'If water was beauty, you'd be an ocean.'

• 'Grab your jacket, you've pulled...'

• 'I'm easy - are you?'

• 'You should be arrested! It must be illegal to look that good.'

• 'You and me are like angels with only one wing. If we come close together, we can fly back to heaven...'

• 'Your father must have been a thief, because he stole the stars and put them in your eyes.'

• 'I like your style, I like your class - but most of all I like your ass!'

By Niamh Bugler

Faheema.   
OG. girl , I'll second that. It says 'Don't get yourself in a state. If you think you'll be rejected, you probably will be! For some reason I fall into that trap everytime, smile.gif even if I was almost certain that he was interested, I just couldn't go through with it. So what if we are old fashioned lol :D:D

MD   

Good chat up lines, can never imagine myself using them though lol good luck to those brave ones ;)