Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

When you have a visionary leader...

2 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Or marry local girl

LoL.

Reer Arlaadi were too advanced for maryooleey since they were (and still are in many cases) who naturalized maryooleyda kale deegaanadooda u soo qaxo ama soo dego.

Yacni sharci degnaanaho ayaa lagu siinaa - meaning after living there quite some time, you are offered the opportunity to be a diyo-paying member of the local clan, the insurance. You have the option to join, while still keeping your original clan. Markaa cabaar degnaatid oo afka Maayga baratid iyo dhaqanka nabad ilaalinta deegaanka adigaaba in no time iloowaayo your old clan.

You know my maternal awoowe asagoo dhalinyar ah Waajid soo degay. Reerkiisa Sayidka ka soo carareen oo Reer Qabridahare ahaa. Hooyo iyo walaalaheeda kale all were born in Bakool. He was a diyo-paying member of Reer Waajid clan, which is Mr. Wasiir Tiktok's clan. He wasn't part of the clan, but enjoyed the insurance privileges. His children - my hooyo and her siblings - spoke Afmaay aanan caadi ahayn; in fact when they want kaftamaan, caayaan, habaaraan - their language of choice was and is Afmaay. Maayga ayaa ku fiican saas dhihi jireen.

In fact the folks who gave Baydhabo the famous Janaay naaneys waa Reer Soomaali Galbeed u soo qaxay aagaas waagii Sayidka. They couldn't believe meesha see u cagaaran tahay and yet still welcomed. Hal hal ayee iskugu sheegi jireen u imaan jireen reerahooda kale Baydhabo. Xaafad dhan magacooda loogu magac daray ayaa jirtay. Buulo Ogaad... la dhihi jiray.

Anyway, these diyo-paying from other clans waxaa la dhihi jiray Geegii Mariidi, meaning 'in the old days' oo qabiilkee ka soo jeedaan loola jeedo.

Siyaad Barre reerka uu ka dhashay oo maanta sheegto gobolka Gedo Luuq waxaa soo dajiyey reer qabiil Maay ah oo aagaas maamuli jiray oo boqortooyo ahaa. Iyagoo Soomaali Galbeed iyo Galgaduud tolkooda ka soo barakiciyeen la soo dajiyey Gedo. Maanta dadkii soo dajiyey ayeena inkiraayaan.

6 hours ago, Qurac&qansax said:

MMA, and others.

if you calling this man a hero, who killed so many of his people to stay power, who cancelled election and is roughless dictator. Why then, not given Deni the same, he also clean puntland from Alshabaab, built the only comunity port in somalia, done 1p1v, done some many other development in garoowe and so on. You dont call him hero, you call him dictator

I didn't call him a hero. Laakiin yuu dilay oo aad taqaanaa Laftagareen ii sheeg?

On 10/21/2023 at 3:14 AM, galbeedi said:

MMA, 

If this is Baydhabo Janaay then the good mayor has done miracles. Tell him to add more public spaces, parks and walkways. Both Hargiesa , Mogadishu, Borama and maybe even Boosaaso got nothing but suffocating buildings with no where to sit. 

He should plan now before it grows to a giant city. Imagine walking in the city and you can't find any bench to sit or any park to relax. 

Parks, open spaces, beeraha xoriyada, jardiinooyin, public health, education and secure borders, proud somalis and more were the legacy of the Kacaankii Barakeysnaa.

When we were young we didn't know. Even being punctual at work was called Guulwade.

Dowladaas dowlad kama dambeyn - this coming from a member of a mucaarad family. Kacaanka si dadban mucaarad loogu ahaa. In fact if you look at the signatures of Manifesto Group in Juun, 1990, my late old man was the second to sign after the late Aaden Cadde.

21 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Indeed have seen that as well that deegaan based connections are more important that clan. Was also suprised how prominent Shariif community is in Baidoa, for some reason I used to think that Shariif Sakiin was a unicorn.    

Interesting, but Xari*** is correct with a X. By the way how come Eel* are so well known outside of SW while they are not the largest? 

Shariifka reer abtigiisa ayuu awood ku helaaye. Reer abtigiisa waxaa waaye Xaabsade, Rooboow qolodooda, waana reerka ay isku deegaan degaan Shariifka reerkiisa, Berdaale isla degaan. Also walaalihiisa isku hooyada yihiin qabiilkaa ka dhashay ka soo jeedaan. Walaalkiisa isku hooyada yihiin meherkeyga Nayroobi ka dhacaaye wuu joogay in 2011.

Shariifka waxee siyaasiinta ku jecelyihiin waa wuxuu xado, walaaqo dadka la wadaagaa. Jeebka kuu buuxinaa shib dhahee. Lacagtii deegaanka lagu hormarin lahaa dad ku qancinaa oo dad siis lee. Siyaasad 101 turuufo yaqaanaa. They were many who said dad badan mucaarad ku ahaa and after meeting him, waaba kuwaan kuwii oo asagii amaanaayo. Dadka wuu sixraa ku xaman jireen. Nothing to do with sixir but everything to do with sharing $. That is why labaatan iyo shan sano siyaasad aad ugu muuqdaa.

Qabiilkaas Ee... aad sheegtay ma yaro oo sadexda qabiil ugu dad badan ku jiraan. They were well known in Xamar iyo agagaarkeeda because they were the first to move/settle in Banaadir pre-colonial times. Xamar xaafad Buulo Eel...la dhaho ku taalo wali. They spoke Afmaay, yaa tihiin markii la dhana Eel... dhihi jireen.

Illyria   
On 10/20/2023 at 11:04 PM, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Speaking of Jaalle Siyaad, happy 21da Oktoobar. Towradatan barakeysan.

Haye call me, of all people, Ubaxii Kacaanka. s0239.gif

Indeed you are "dhashii kacaanka", but I shall give you a pass this time round. May he, his compatriots, his enablers, cohorts, and sympathisers all burn in hell.

Arafaat   
8 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Siyaad Barre reerka uu ka dhashay oo maanta sheegto gobolka Gedo Luuq waxaa soo dajiyey reer qabiil Maay ah oo aagaas maamuli jiray oo boqortooyo ahaa. Iyagoo Soomaali Galbeed iyo Galgaduud tolkooda ka soo barakiciyeen la soo dajiyey Gedo. Maanta dadkii soo dajiyey ayeena inkiraayaan.

Hence why Gedo won’t settle as long as those injustices continue, and why neither Jubbaland will be able to excerpt any control beyond Kismayo surroundings. I came across the lists of ministers in Jubbaland it’s really a far cry from the aim that Somalia adopted a federal system, and kinda explains why these states will never become feasible, as they are emulating occupying forces rather as representative bodies. the Irony is that Siyad Barre folks while having more seat in Jubbaland then all the other non-Dar***  together, are still not on board with Jubbaland project and neither does Jubbaland exercise control over their localities. As long as the basis of the representation is based on inequality and inequity, governance and stability won’t materialize. 

WWW.KEYDMEDIA.NET

The leader has been holding power for almost 8 years since the establishment of Jubaland....

IMG_2300.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arafaat said:

Hence why Gedo won’t settle as long as those injustices continue, and why neither Jubbaland will be able to excerpt any control beyond Kismayo surroundings. I came across the lists of ministers in Jubbaland it’s really a far cry from the aim that Somalia adopted a federal system, and kinda explains why these states will never become feasible, as they are emulating occupying forces rather as representative bodies. the Irony is that Siyad Barre folks while having more seat in Jubbaland then all the other non-Dar***  together, are still not on board with Jubbaland project and neither does Jubbaland exercise control over their localities. As long as the basis of the representation is based on inequality and inequity, governance and stability won’t materialize. 

WWW.KEYDMEDIA.NET

The leader has been holding power for almost 8 years since the establishment of Jubaland...

Waa sababta kuwa afka duuban xoogooda ugu weyn iyo xaruntooda u tahay inta u dhaxeyso Jilib, Jamaame, Saakoow iyo Bu'aale. Dadka deegaanadaas ku dhaqan duli lagu haaye before them, marka wey ku qanacsanyihiin see u egtahay. Waxee aaminsanyihiin haddee kuwa afka duuban baxaan inay soo noqoneyso duli iyo ku tarafalidii hore.

Tallaabo   
21 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Markaa cabaar degnaatid oo afka Maayga baratid iyo dhaqanka nabad ilaalinta deegaanka adigaaba in no time iloowaayo your old clan.

That is true, I knew an MJ man how lived in Baydhabo all or most of his life and wouldn't identify with anyone else.

Waa runtaa, here in Toronto Reer Baydhabo Tim Hortons aan aqaano ku kulmaan and they are from every qabiil. Iyagaa isku qabiil ah oo Reer Baydhabo qabiil ah. Aad isku fahmaan u kaftamaan.

It reminds me Ciyaal Xaafad in Xamar. Kuligeena qabiil waxba kama ogeyn oo xaafadda qabiil noo wada ahayd. Xaafad zaafad ayaa isku dacaayadeen jirnay. I believe if Ciyaal Xaafad ilma sii dhali lahaayeen oo Ciyaal Xaafad kale ah, qabiil identify Xamar waaka tirtimi lahayd. Alaa we were interrupted.

This is extreme, whole xaafaddo iyo degmo laga qaxay. Waligeed lama arag la leeyahay. I am surprised that new bridge mear Gerbada iyo Isho Baydhabo is still holding and is intact. Laba beri ayee biyahaas awooda badan saas u kor maraayaan.

Illyria   

Sadly so, and it is getting worse. Time to think about smart ways of reserving water, and simple drain channels away from the city. I saw clips from Galkacyo where a whole section of the city is under water.