Sign in to follow this  
Mahdi

Muqaalka Degmada Ayl

It is not only for the Historical purposes that Eyl is renowned and famous for but also its vegetation, wildlife and plantation although Eyl is situated in the North-East of Somalia it has got everything they eye can wish for and a paradise for botanitists botanists. Potatoes and other vegetables also grow there.

Some people even say that Eyl used to be part of what is called "the Eden paradise" thousand years ago when the Horn was linked with the south of Yemen and Omaan where the Eden Paradise is suposed to have been but only Allaah knows best.

P.S. Eyl is also the first place in Somalia where a systematic Genocide took place where 300 people were thrown in the sea by the Darwishs of Sayid Maxamed Cabdulle Xassan but it's all good and I don't have any hard feelings for the people who commited it but it's all good as long as it's within us Somalis.

I don't condole at all what happened and one more thing three hundred people were alot of people in the olden days 1901 etc.

Sky   

Yonis

Eyl is a special place. Formerly the urban centre of the Northeast, now it is almost a blessing that its so isolated. You'll be amazed by its wildlife. If you drive from Garowe, through Sinujiif to Eyl you'll see herds of antilopes running around and a leopard hiding in an acacia tree. Its a great place, you can dive from a rock cliff into the warm, light blue-green Indian ocean. The bravest, dives from the highest cliff.

Part of my family have their roots in Eyl and own potato farms, but these days I heard date farms are becoming the norm. Many Eylians passionately hate the Sayid. Well I can't blame them, he has thrown 100s of innocent Eylians tied to each other from the highest cliff either to be drowned or devoured by sharks. This crime was commited only because of a suspicion that turned out to be false later on.

I know all the facts insight out walaal Sky thank you for agreeing with me that Eyl is a very, very, very special place :D:D

We once had some beautiful pictures of Eyl and surrounding area, they were big posters in frames, they were big as a picture but the posters were photographic life images of the beautiful imagery of Eyl both parts were represented "Dawad" and "Badei" however we lend it to a Somali and never saw the pictures again because supposedly he had misplaced them and he also coudn't remember where he stored them because he originally wanted to show it to his family and returned after a week or so because he was taken away by the beautyness of that place but never mind it was predestined but I often think about the pictures.

Anyhow I'm going to Eyl come 2006 ofcourse after the World Cup is finished inshallah, anyone interested to accompany me to Eyl? Send me a PM folks.

P.S. If you're a little bit mental and you've got a knife under you belt or in you sock pls don't try to contact and befriend me because there is no way I will be going anywhere with you. :D

Thank you folks.