Sign in to follow this  
Lidia

Oral Contraceptives declared carcinogenic by World Health Organization

Lidia   

Suppose a young woman is taking The Pill because she heard that it will regulate her period and reduce her menstrual cramping. Women also justify chemical contraceptives for the sake of clearing acne, loosing weight or preventing endometriosis. Other women are required to take oral contraceptives as a requirement for other prescription drugs, such as Accutane.

These seemingly beneficial side effects of oral contraceptives are only half of the story.

In a July, 2005 press release, the International Agency for Research on Cancer and the World Health Organization classified estrogen-progesterone birth control pills as "carcinogenic to humans". Carcinogenic means "cancer-causing." Chemical contraceptives were previously considered "probably carcinogenic to humans."

They also "stressed that there is no convincing evidence that oral contraceptives (OCs) have a protective effect against some types of cancer." They go on to admit that OCs increase the risk of some cancers (breast, cervix and liver) while decreasing the risk of others (endometrial and ovarian). Because of this benefit and risk relationship, it is hardly responsible for only one side of the information to be given to women, especially when it is sold primarily on the basis of these so-called benefits.

It does not seem logical that any woman would place her body at risk for these deadly cancers, even if for the sake of reducing the risk of other cancers. Meanwhile, in the process a woman on The Pill is destroying her fertility. Medical doctors and researchers agree that one of the best ways to prevent some common cancers (such as breast cancer) in women is to conceive and bear a child and to breastfeed naturally. This is the body's natural means of protecting itself from cancer.

Why isn't this information shared with women? Maybe it’s time for women to rethink taking The Pill for the so-called health benefits.

http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/news/050831/index.htm

J.Lee   

Probability is still a possibility.

Inadequate testing anyone? I'm so sick of these bast!rds. You'd think as much as they get paid, they'd find and warn people about the possible health risks before they deem it non-threatening.

I just found out that the contact solution I have been using for the past couple of weeks may cause temporary blindness!!! 8 people had to have cornea transplants ka waran before they pulled it off the market.

On the up-side, they're closer, more so now than ever, to finding the cure for AIDS; they actually started vaccinating volunteers.

For fear of possible health risks though, the vaccine consists of a fragment (gene) of HIV that stimulates Killer T-Cells and a weaker POX gene that produces a quicker and an aggressive immune system response.

Of course, they are not sure of the KTCs effectiveness against a future HIV strain and we'd have to wait 10 years before it's available but at least they made a breakthrough. Maansha'allah.

I just thought I share.

^ Interesting.

Seems like there's a new health scare surrounding the pill every few months. Then again, there seems to be a health scare about anything and everything these days. Just the other month, I was reading about new cancer-causing properties found in crisps. :(