Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Habaar aan ogeyn

Ilaa hadda mar alla markaan maqlo the following phrase, which we childhood 'ciyaal xaafadda' used to recite back in Xamar in the old days in late 1980s, waa yaxyaxaa.

Some of us back then knew its literal meaning, however we never paid attention into that deep political meaning behind it.

The phrase [or series of phrases] was said in a quizzical rap way:

Aw'waraaboow

Hee! [or hoo!]

Hargeysa aantee?

Haa!

Xamar ki darba

I didn't and don't still know why the words were in Afmaay or whoever came up with it wrote in Maay, since ciyaal xaafadda back in Xamar spoke in Afmaxaatiri. But it is simple to understand and can easily be digested by Maxaa speakers; however if you are still lahjad-challenged, explained in detail.

Aw'waraaboow meant Max'ed Siyaad Barre.

"Hargeysa aantee" waxaa laga wadaa "Hargeysa ma cuntay"

"Haa" markuu ku jawaabana, la raacsiinaa, "Xamar ki darba," meaning Xamar ku dar.

The habaar I am talking about is the last part. Anagii Xamar deganeen ayaa ishabaari jirnay.

We used to think it was funny and nothing else. We never knew the political weight those words carried.

I'm sure ciyaalkeena back then would not have uttered those words if we knew the ominous meaning behind it. We'd have never wished our sweet Xamar ku dhacaan waxaas.

But that also tells you we knew, as nonetheless young innocent boys as we were, what was happening in Hargeysa.

roobleh   

Didn't you hear that Angels reveal themselves to kids. Is it possible then that they also reveal to kids things that will happen in the future?

It may mean that kids see things that may happen in the future without realising its importance. I remember in my childhood dreams, some of my dreams came true on the next day. For example, I will dream about money and the next day I will find it on the streets of the 'shacab.'

Therefore, your song may had originated from dreams that you've forgetten!

Anyway, Do you see your dreams come true? Or you're like me and don't remember it nowadays.