Sign in to follow this  
Koora-Tuunshe

Somalia: Kulmiye party is behind the blast, says Somaliland Interior Minister

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Shike Ali Warsame is not any more of a terrorist that I and you. (And before you ask, no I'm not related to him. ) :rolleyes: Daaka haaga baaxasado niniyahow.

I didn't say they were terrorists but your reaction tells me that you gave a purposeful definition to Al-Itihaad. I nod that it is a notoriously ambigious term. This is the political reality in Bur'o , the center of Kulmiye supporters, whether you want to escape from it or not.

They (Kulmiye and the ruling elite) might soon come into conflict since the political frameworks to which both the opposition and the current ruling elite draw their legitimacy are diametrically opposite.

I do not think Kulmiye would be willing to directly involve in the pattern of domestic policies pursued by Riyale and his cronies if they succeed in their legal contest with the upcoming election.

The ruling elites of Somaliland region has direct ties with Ethiopia, don't ya think?

As Election Approaches, Demonization of KULMIYE Party Gains Momentum

April 12, 2008

In this world where deception, disinformation, dirty politics and character assassinations are all part of the strategy to win an election, Somaliland government’s witch-hunt against the opposition party KULMIYE takes yet another diabolical approach—unheard and unprecedented before.

Conveniently, as the election approaches explosions go off in Somaliland capital, Hargaisa. And surprisingly, before investigating who the real culprits are the government as well as the pro-government Media point fingers at KULMIYE party. How convenient and how fiendish? This is what exactly happens when a pathetic regime prematurely employs dirty tactics that it has not mastered yet—false pretences of fighting against terrorism in order to demonize the opposition parties. But unlike anywhere else in the world, such a villain strategy could result deadly consequences.

Few months ago, I wrote an article entitled, “Somaliland: a democratic state in East Africa or a tinderbox waiting to explode?” published on http://www.somalilandtimes.net/sl/2008/312/78.shtml and as it seems many of the catastrophes that I have predicted might happen if the upcoming Somaliland presidential election fails seem to be looming on the horizon. Worse yet, the government of Somaliland rather than avoid creating an Armageddon, it spurs one. For instance, with respect to the recent explosions in Hargaisa, the Interior Minster of Somaliland, Mr. Abdillahi Ismail Ali (Cirro) without a shred of evidences states, “What happened in the Parliament (The house of Guurti) was the work of KULMIYE party…” http://tinyurl.com/56r5nu

Mr. Ali’s comment was not only unprofessional, but it was also dangerous. God help us all, but when the Interior Minster who supposed to be a responsible citizen and a government official turns out to be an inept person—if not a loose cannon on deck—and makes an outrageous comment, one wonders what to expect from the average political zealots, on the streets, who would do anything to make sure that his/her party succeeds in the upcoming election. Not to mention our fervent tribalism—the natural fuel needed for sparking hell—is abundant. Therefore, undoubtedly the deadly mixture of our deep-rooted tribalism myth and the government’s staged terrorism (the new sports) is the prelude for ominous clouds looming on the horizon.

The whole notion of labeling KULMIYE party members as terrorists is ludicrous, and in fact this makes the current regime the laughingstock of the century. Congratulations!

In the 80’s and 90’s many of the current leaders of KULMIYE party including its chairman, Mr. Mohammed Ahmed Silanyo fiercely and bravely fought against the former Somali regime. And they didn’t set off explosives in cities or in government buildings during their struggle against the ruthless dictator Gen. Siade Barre, so why would they resort to terrorism tactics now? Duh! Obviously, where commons prevails, the current regime fails. (Don’t get me wrong; I neither support KULMIYE, UDUB nor UCID party.)

On the other hand, many of the ruling party UDUB members were not only the henchmen of Gen. Siade Barre but they also belonged to the notorious, most feared and ruthless organized criminals—an organization of terror— the HANGASH (Somali acronym for military police) also known as NSS. The NSS members were known to carry out terror warfare; setting up explosives, killing people, raping women, and kidnapping the opposition members. So in fact, in the Hargaisa bombings, the former NSS members should be suspect number one because not only do they have the training to carry out a terror plot, but they also have the resources. Let’s not kid ourselves here. History cannot and will not be rewritten. (Maybe now President Dahir Riyale Kahin got one year extension to stay in power, the bombing would stop.)

Without a doubt, the government’s political experiment or its stupiddity towards KULMIYE party is not a leap in the dark; it is rather a deliberate attempt to demonize the opposition party so that it doesn’t stand a chance to win the upcoming election. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

To sum up, Somaliland has been progressing by leaps and bounds. We cannot afford a setback. No way! That is we must press ahead and not reset the clock.

And the current regime’s provocative character assassinations and preposterous accusations against the opposition party KULMIYE will run their course, and if anything, these ill-intended strategies may in fact be a blessing in disguise for KULMIYE.

The more the current regime—led by UDUB party—insults our intelligences, the more the opposition party KULMIYE gains popularity. Oddly enough, sometimes one wonders whether some of the current UDUB members secretly work for KULMIYE because time and time again they make ridiculous comments about the opposition party, which in turn makes KULMIYE look impressive.

Dalmar Kaahin

Ottawa, Canada

dalmar_k@yahoo.com

If this blast is true, this can not be a good thing for anyone. I dont believe in the seperatist movement however I believe that enough blood as been shed. This way of insulting other believes and other members for their choices is not going to unite us nor help anyone.

As Somalis we should rise above that.

Dad waa weyn ayaa tihiin ee naga daaya afxumada. It is unbecoming of you, let us all isxishmeyno and ixtiraan.

------------

I don't get how some people can continuously break the SOL rules by posting things litter with specific clan names and get away with it. :rolleyes:

Who did post or mention any clan name? I double-checked this thread, and I hadn't seen any.

"The Kulmiye chairman vowed to discredit the unrecognized authority of the governor After May 17."

Riyale 's apprehension of the opposition group is turning to be very obvious to the public view.

The Elders' intervention derogates the tripartite agreement reached by the contestants. And It is instructive to note that Riyale has tampered with the Elders' hasty decisions to upset the process.

Originally posted by Koora-Tuunshe:

Jacaylbare, thnigs won't be smooth. You have two secessionist groups vying for the control of the triangle.

You wish for that to happen don't you haha. Pathetic

Abtigiis   

Northern;

just a brotherly advice. Don't be so rude to others! and well, one can easily say your tailor-made redundunt 'maalaycni' mantra is a bit self-explanotary!

on suvstance, M.S.Dibad is a bit of loose talker who enjoys the limelight.

kulmiyaa qarxiyay? WAY NAKAA HADABA WAYNAKAA! alaw sahal amuuraha.

Abtigiis   

Northern;

xaal iyo xumayn iga gudoon.

XABASHI SHOE-SHINERS miyaad tidhi! I am breathless, how did that evade me for so long? Waad laheshay,abti. congra! and for making my day blissful!!