Sign in to follow this  
ANWAR

Ciidamada Dowladda Somalia

ElPunto   

^If you have disagreements with what I wrote - then point them out and rebut them. But if you like the sound of your own posts - then keep repeating the above.

PS - Again, the nuance and complexity is there - you just can't seem to grasp it. Hint - It's less about supporting the TFG and more about supporting the process

Originally posted by ThePoint:

^If you have disagreements with what I wrote - then point them out and rebut them. But if you like the sound of your own posts - then keep repeating the above.

PS - Again, the nuance and complexity is there - you just can't seem to grasp it. Hint - It's less about supporting the
TFG and more about supporting the
process

Sxb,There is no need in rebutting the obvious. You know my stance, and I know your stance ; You support the Ethiopian invasion you aptly dubbed it as a useful tool to break that political deadlock, I dont.

Having said that,I Personally think that the Process itself is the root cause of all this. Its an Ethiopian handpicked gov't that had the backing of Anti-Islamic entities,They were elected by a group of men who have somali bloood on their hands,you remember them; The Warlords.

I went for the alternative of the TFG; The Union of Islamic courts. They kicked out the warlords that i so loath, pacified the capital city & imposed Allah's preffered style of Government. The choice was clear for me, It is still clear for me. My concience,my faith will not allow me to support a warlord elected govt, a govt that used Somalia's enemy(Historical & Present) to kill other Somalis.I Instead chose an Islamic movement; Whether it was perfect or not,is another whole argument.

How complex is that choice adeerow? Mise Complexity has another form that i dont seem to grasp?

ElPunto   

^Sxb - if you're gonna dismiss and disparage someone else's stance - have the courage to either pick apart their points and present why yours are better or keep quiet. No need for shallow restatemens of your support for the ICU.

And you still obviously haven't grasped the complexity. Part of this complexity is this:

ICU had Dahir Aweys and others who are/were warlords if not a little less

There are men in the ICU who have 'Somali blood on their hands'

There is no process of governance that was in any way transparent so that Somalis can partake with regard to the ICU

There was no input from most Somalis on how the ICU should govern and what its mandate was

Not such a black and white choice now eh adeero?

--------------------

The TFG is far from perfect. It has undue Ethiopian influence. However, at this point all Somalia needs is a semblance of solid authority, the repair of some institutions and then preparation for elections so average Somalis can exercise their choice. And this TFG was the only entity of the two that engaged in a broad attempt to include all Somalis and negotiate among them to help determine a compromise outcome.

Do you have anything more intelligent to say? Say it - but don't bother with the repetition of simplistic talking points.

Xoogsade   

^ If you apply the same logic TO the TFG, they are as disqualified. You mention warlordism and blood of the innocent being points to consider to disqualify the ICU, yet A/Y has blood on His hands, a career warlord and mutineer, first man to get into bed with enemy of the somali state, anti-islam, and you are comfortable calling him a president because you are bound to him.

^The Point, Good luck trying to reason with the unsophisticated cult of personalities. And people wonder why Somalis still engage in archaic trible wars. *shakes head*

^Sxb - if you're gonna dismiss and disparage someone else's stance - have the courage to either pick apart their points

Thats the Problem sxbow, I dont see any point that is worth being picked apart. You eloquently pieced together a wordy explanation for an invasion, Hardly any New inteligent material there sxbow. I have said it earlier,your stance is just a rosier more civilized version of what Duke & his brigade preach. Halkaa ku ekaato about this miscarried & obviously barren sheeko,Tafadal.

Now,as for Indhocade,That is just but one person, I am hoping that you are not basing your rejection of the IUC because of one person,because thats just really dumb. One doesnt reject an entity because someone you dislike happens to belong to that said organization,especially from an inteligent person as you.

They say, I'd rather have him inside the tent pissing out than inside the tent pissing in. The wise Shareef made the decision to have him included rather than exclude him. For whatever reason, Allah knows best.

But The greater benefit for the larger Ummah was obviously far much more important than focusing on a single individual. And my guess will be that was the choice the IUC leadership probably made as well. Peace,Prosperity,islamic form of government & a final solution to the Warlord menace were the selling point for many Somalis.

Adeer,You dont need to be complex to see the difference between right and wrong. The IUC lasted a mere six months, the least an inteligent person could ever do for them was to give them a chance,they were never given a chance,so how do you judge them adeer?

Its Maqrib where am @,see you later I'A.

^Xoogsade, I don't care about your accusations. Neither do I care about your assumed emotional stance. I will tell you why subjecting anyone to simplicity of this nature is counter-productive and irrational at best. It leaves the more vital parts of your opposition to the other political/intellectual stance to go amiss. Ma i fahantay? Perhaps you lack the open-mindedness and the acculturation to seek to understand and accept viewpoints different from your own. But I'm more than willing to hear you out. Why are you against the TFG and why do you disagree with Ethiopia's short-term presence in Somalia? :D What alternatives do you propose? Remember to keep it logical and intelligent. smile.gif

The IUC lasted a mere six months, the least an inteligent person could ever do for them was to give them a chance,they were never given a chance,so how do you judge them adeer?

They wanted to assume leadership despite there being a legitimate government and they refused to negotiate. Which Islam preaches that? We judged them based on what they claim to ascribe to and we found wanting.

Xoogsade   

Did-King,

Farax-Brown eloquently expressed the same sentiments I have towards the TFG. I may only add to his comments that Xabashi presence in our country has already demonstrated its short-comings and failure to benefit the TFG. Unless laboring under some delusions, anyone can see how Xabashi involvement in Somali politics destroys chances of success. As we have seen in the last few days, A/Y, Geeddi and Jeelle, men who are allied against clans they deem hostile, won't settle differences with their opponents through dialogue but would rather call women and kids terrorists to have them slaughtered by the Xabashi troops who fear for their objective and future in Somalia.

The Ugandan troops maintain visible presence and no one has attacked them. Xabashis can not be trusted by all somalis except, and demonstratably on SOL, A/Y supporters. Therefore, since Muqdisho is not Puntland, and Xabashi troops are considered foes by the average resident in Muqdisho, why not take them out of the city and replace them with what people accept? This might expediate AU troop arrivals. Not that I agree with foreigners in my hometown and Somalia, but just accepting the realities on the ground now.

Perhaps you lack the open-mindedness and the acculturation to seek to understand and accept viewpoints different from your own

Narrow-Mindedness is debilitating in its effects, but you are asking me to accept what is going on in Muqdisho of mass-burials and massacre, and to show an understanding to indiffirent SOLERS calling for more of the same massacre to continue. That is NOT an open-mindedness.

Lastly, I had an open-mind once and gave the TFG the benefit of the doubt keeping my distance from their filth when there was no islamic movement. My decision was to let somalis deal with the TFG since they were content with it or rather had no alternative. But as G.K Chesterton once observed "An open mind, like an open mouth, should eventually close on something", I had to close my mind and come out forcefully against the TFG which on its behalf, our best chances of peace and brotherhood was utterly destroyed.

PS: I have wasted my time consdering how far removed you were from realities in Muqdisho asking why I or anyone would oppose Xabashi presence, however, I wrote for the record one more time. And don't bother with my unintellectualism or lack of culture. I prefer my way of dealing with people who have no respect for people's lives and concerns so long as who is being killed and maimed hails from not Puntland.

^^Walaahi you are indeed a walking dulqaad, full of dabeecad!!

Listening the enemy to talk without interruption is a talent by itself!

Aniga waxaanba is arki lahaa anoo internet-ka kaga soo dhexbaxay, malcuunka!

Xoog,Of course i live in the CT time zone. smile.gif

Your analysis is always great & you couldnt have have said it better.You have explained & articulated it many times, great work sir.

Didi, Asalaam aleykum walaal smile.gif

Xoogsade,

My name is DK, there is no need to desecrate it. Moving on how you deal with those who disagree with you is completely up to you from now on. I realize this is not an anger management session. What you have to understand however is that you cannot make wild claims and leave them incomplete without expanding on them by providing logically graspable explanations. How has Habashi presence in our country demonstrated short-comings and failure to benefit the TFG? What leads you to ascertain this claim considering that only a short period of time has elapsed and the conflictual operations are still very much in process? Secondly How is that you are prepared to accept certain realities on the ground and not others? The mass burials and massacres that you see are the consequences of a rebellion against a government. We have seen it in the 80s, 90s and we are seeing it now in the 2000s, it’s nothing new. Lack of respect for innocent lives has been showed by both parties; whether it was by our much revered ex-platoon commander Abu Mansur loading up traumatized 10-12 year old boys with AK47s to fight against grown men who were seasoned fighters or the current indiscriminate shelling of citizens in Mogadishu by combined Ethio-TFG forces. History keeps on repeating itself yet we still manage to learn nothing from it why? Because some how the idea of being lead by a person of a different clan from yours equates itself to being enslaved in the minds of some. I suppose it is the same mentality that causes you to accuse me of bigotry and not being caring. I support whatever government gets elected and I’m more than willing to give them a chance and throw one hundred percent support around them regardless of what Somali region its leader and cabinet hail from. Can you and the political opportunists you support say the same about yourselves?

FB-sup sxb.