Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Exercise

Urban   

Working out/exercising is only half the work, the other 50% is the food you eat. Almost all fitness and nutrition experts say you have to eat 5 or 6 small meals throughout the day.

Getting fit is a full time job all on its own, and my advise would be to take it slow. Start with healthy eating till it becomes a habit, then begin exercising. I tried to do both at the same time and, and my whole day revolved around the workout and meal times, didnt have time to do anything else.

Femme Fatale, if you don't mind answering, what are you looking to get out of it, just fat loss? erm muscle gain?

If it's just fat loss, then there's a Gym alternative, and free. HIIT (high intensity interval training) *a style of running/jogging for 15mins*

some info

a lil more info..

Pucca   

how nice! i've been thinking of hitting the gym ...but i dont want to lose weight, i'd just like some muscle(arms) and strengthen my back mostly.

Thanks for replying all.

Hey Urban,

That looks interesting...have u tried it? What do you think? And for what I'm looking for...flexibility, strength & weight loss. The main reason is because I have three family members getting married this summer...so :D

Urban   

lol i see, FF. Well if that's your motivation, then all the best.

I do the high intensity training on tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays. More than that it's too much.

First time I did it felt like i was gonna die in the park. Beginners are supposed to sprint (like you're being chased by a tiger) for 30 seconds, followed by a light jog/walk for a minute, then sprint again.. (and repeat)

First day I warmed up for 10mins by jogging to increase my heart rate and allow my muscles to warm. then i stretched my legs muscles.

lol.. i began joggin for a minute or so, then started the sprint, it was much harder than i thought, and only managed to sprint at full speed for 10 seconds, i was gonna die.. my thigh muscles felt like they were ripping with each step. I followed that with a walk for 2 mins, then again sprinted, but this time i only managed 5 seconds. I gave up and went home. My legs were sore for the next 2 days.

To cut a long story short, it will work if you keep working at it. I have seen some results, lost some body fat and my body feels great.

Now i can manage to sprint for a full 30 seconds, then jog/walk for a minute. and repeat that 4 times. to finish off, jog/walk for 10mins to bring your heart rate down, then stretch. All it takes is 20mins or so.

A lot of people managed to drop down their body fat percentage with this, and so can you.

^If you like running into walls icon_razz.gif

Urban, that sounds like too much work but I'm up for it.

That is unless a magic, side effect free body shaping pill is invented.

Howdy,

For SOL ladies that go to the gym...I have some questions for you.

* How much do you pay per month? ( I can't seem to find out less than $40)

* What do you wear? (most of workout wear is spandex tight little things)

* What machines do you use?

* Do you have any classes you recommend?

* How soon have u seen results?

* Do you have contract or no contract payment plan? ( I don't want a contract but most of the gyms near me have them -- there is no way I'm giving them access to my account)

I wanna join a gym and can't seem to find one that I like so far.

Cheers FF!!!!

I don't do gym anymore, I am a member of a martial arts studio.

Cardio Kickboxing, on and off for few months now and as well as brazilian jitsu for beginners.(just started)

I buy 20-30packages, no expiray date, costs anywhere from $150-200 per package, depending on whats in it and you can let it stretch.

My work out routine consists of attending the centre 2-3x a week(3 weeks out of the month).

I will do two days of kickboxing(an hour each) and now I started one brazilian jitsu a week.

The one hour kick boxing is high intense work out.

It starts with 15 minutes, 5 minute set(3x) jump rope exercise with a ring bell and a 30second break after each set.

Followed by stretching, total of 5 minutes to warm up the muscles.

Followed by 20minutes in the ring, one on one with a trainer.

Followed by 5 minutes of freestyle boxing with the bag, on your own or with a partner.

Followed by 10minutes of push-ups and situps, a variety of routines.

and lastly, 5 minutes of stretching.

I started it last year, and I have yet to give it up. Kickboxing kicks a*s, and soon I shall report the progress of the jitsu.(that class is more technical than anything but I will look forward to it as I advance)

Outside of the centre, I tend to eat moderately.

Breakfast, breakfast, and more breakfast.

I fill up early morning, then I take lunch with me, as well as fruits a jug of water.(just 1litre)

different, the earlier I eat, the better.

My classes tend to be at night(after 7pm), so I tend to eat around 5:30pm, especially when I have the kickboxing class, that way when I come home, I will just have a hot cup of tea and maybe some fruits atleast 3 hrs before bedtime, that really helps.

Whatever you do, be consistant, thats the way to make a difference in your body.

Goodluck senorita.

PS: WHen I first started this routine, I didn't see results for atleast over 10weeks, thats when people really started seing it and then ofcourse I saw it too. Ofcourse you notice your body tonning as well, which is a plus. About the wardrobe, just wear regular gym outfit, make sure you wear very comfortable running shoes, not too flat or not too heavy, nike does it good. Get lots of t-shirts, you will need to change or people will assume inaad dhar qabin, and ofcourse I wear bottom sweats, reebok etc.

Urban   

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:

^If you like running into walls
icon_razz.gif

Urban, that sounds like too much work but I'm up for it.

That is unless a magic, side effect free body shaping pill is invented.

So.. how's the exercise going Femme? Have you started running? Or 'Gymming'? mise pilatees..

Summer isn't that far away u know.. hayeey mogow.