Sign in to follow this  
Urban

help me find pictures of traditional somali clothes please

Urban   

Things like Guntiino and dirac, or traditional somali dancing. Someone asked me earlier and i wanna show them more about the somali culture.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

somalia_somali_nomad_girls.jpg

The girl in the middle is wearing guntiino, others alindi. The beads in Soomaali is called kuul.

normal_SomaliDance.jpg

An old-style dirac; she is dancing a traditional dance called buraanbur.

untitled.jpg

The in-style, current fashion of dirac. [WiiiiiiW *Sigh*]

aid6.jpg

bride.jpg

Guntiino, again.

ctc_04_img0997.jpg

Guntiino.

eid_somalis_150x180.jpg

Somali3.gif

Another one.

Kool_Kat   

^Wiilka inuu wajiga qariyuu is mooday...Bal muxuu indhaha u tiray gabada, walba sanka iyo afka muu ka qariyo, mise waa weershe?

MMA, adi nuursi aa ku dilay...That's it, gabar inaa Toronto kaaga soo saaro waaye...Maqaayada Xamdi aa xabadoo kaaga soo qabanaa sug lee adi...

Kool_Kat   

JB, walee waad qooqday odayhoow yadhi...Ma gabadhaa aad dhali karto baad rabtaa meeshey ku nooshahay inlaguu sheego? War ilaa anagaa balaayo adhagnay...Waaxay isdan?

This site is becoming x-rated. Administratioooon heeelp. Looks like administration is too busy who can resist sigh. JB look down bro. Lower your gaze man. Remember this :D

Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that will make for greater purity for them; ..............

KK, ma taasaan dhali karaa ?? Inaalillaahi ,, sidaa umaan bayhoofin dee ,,,, she could be the perfect match in that age i tell ya ,,,,

Again ,,, nin dhali kara ayaa dhiqi kara sow lama odhan horta ? ,,,, Ehem ,,,, miyaan sii wadaa weliba ?

chubacka   

well I dnt know where she lives JB an if I did I really wouldn't tell you! icon_razz.gif

I dnt tink the poor girl would want you camping outside her hse....

I basically don't like the dirac but this girl is making it something else now ,,,, :D

Waar bal ha la ii sheego dadyahow hadaad iga naxaysaan ,,,,,

Aaliyyah   

^^I don't think it is wise to post other people's pics.

just a thought!!

Urban just take that person to a Somali wedding so they could have a glimpse of how Somalis dance.

And, as far as the traditional Somali clothing goes take them to a local Somali store.

Sorry, I cant think of a good somali website at the moment, if i figure out something I will let you know.