Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

An island of stability in a sea of armed chaos

That was a very well written article and i must say from my point view it provided another reason why it would be good for the somali people in general why a recoqnised somaliland would solve at least on of the somali problems.

Sadly worse things have been said you about me, but i'm sure that you dont want to start a slagging match - so go on, please explain it to me

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

^ why is that, for me at least i didnt get that from the article.

The whole essence of the article is just about recognition.

Ms DD   

JaceylB

"When the sun rises over the craggy hills of Hargeysa, it sheds light on a different kind of Somalia.

Ice-cream vans serving bona fide soft serve hit the streets. Money changers, unarmed and unguarded, push cash through the market in wheelbarrows. It’s all part of a Somali puzzle: How one area of the country, the northwest, also known as Somaliland, can seem so peaceful and functional — so normal, in fact — while the rest continues to be such a violent, chaotic mess."

Not true. I can think of another region that is doing well also: Boosaaso/Qardho and Garoowe. There was not a gun in sight. When I was there, the city was calm, peaceful and the hustle and bustle was quite evident. It was booming.