Sign in to follow this  
MR ORGILAQE

Kickstarting Essential Infrastructure in Somali

Hi guys since we now seem to have elected a new government what do we think the most important infracstructure needed to be kickstarted are in order of importance and furthermore how do you think we can achieve that without of course bringing into the picture any foreign aid.My aim is to see whether we can be self reliant and make it on our own.This way at least we can claim with pride that we did it on our own.another side effect is that the government will be forced to live of our taxes and we will be in control of them rather the other way round.

Salaan...

They said Soomaaliya needs at least $6 billion for reconstructing the basic* infrastructure.

Do you know how much that is in Shilin Soomaali?

The last time I knew $1 was exchanged 1,700 Shilin Soomaali. Do the math.

10,200,000,000,000!!

That is 10.2 trillion Shilin Soomaali. :eek:

So, can we get this from out our own pockets? Methinks not, even if we tried to print more devalued paper money.

* it seems "basic" is defined as what we had back in 1990. Spending back to past.

Spending back to past is not enough anymore. Large cities have grown like crops all over the country.

Bosaso has allready been promised a large citybuilding package that includes the upgrading of the port and aiport to international standards and the building of intracity roadnetwork.

Now if Bosaso will receive this, just think about what a large city wich also is the capital of Somalia will need.

The billions are coming, but it will be later rather than sooner unfortunately.

I agree but in the words of J Kennedd

"ask not what your country can do for you but what your country can do for you" so what can we do for our country?.I propose that we the young os Somalia with our shared knowledge encompassing the whole globe should start liasing with one another regrding the business opportunities that exist especially attracting investments to our motherland.Use whatever contact ou have or if you have an idea post it here so we can add our ideas onto it and complete the puzzle.

Gabbal   

ask not what your country can do for you
but what your country can do for you

..but ask what you can do for your country. :D

Thanks for the correction I was in a rush when I wrote that article.Yes you are right it was Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country