Sign in to follow this  
Positive

Knowledge is a power

Positive   

Knowledge is a power but the opposite is also true; lack of knowledge results in a lack of power.

Bruce Lipton speaks about

. His presentation though a challenge to the dogmatically held views on the subject is still worth to be watched with open mind.

In his presentation he answers many questions in a new way.

The Awakener2

Raamsade   

Correction: only TRUE knowledge is power.

BTW, you are aware that Lipton is a crackpot, right? None of what he espouses in those videos are published in reputable peer-refereed scientific journals.

Positive   

Raamsade, thanks for your input.

One may call Lipton a crackpot but he might become qualified as a genius tomorrow. It is not unusual that pioneering scientific findings are laughed at first then ridiculed and later accepted as scientific fact.

The Scientific Establishment like any other modern day establishment is driven by profit. Thus the reputable peer-refereed scientific journals being mouthpiece for the said Scientific Corporate Entity will not probable alienate its beneficiary and that may be the reason his scientific findings, like many other scientific findings and new technologies, is not mentioned in them.

Bruce Lipton claims that with the right perception the human biology is capable to do wonders beyond our imagination. He also promotes that we are not miserable biological entities who have to depend for their health and well being synthetic chemical medicines on the hands of profit hungry industries but rather a powerful and self sufficient beings.

The central theme I'm trying to propagate in my writings is about Self Knowledge and this piece is a contribution to that end- if you misread my intention brother Raamsade.

The Awakener2

Raamsade   

There is no such thing as Scientific Corporate Entity. The competitive and adversarial nature of science essentially shields it from become beholden to any one entity. A lot of scientific projects and scientists are funded by government or not-for-profit organizations. Those that are funded by for-profit organizations, perform equally beneficial service. I see nothing wrong with commercialization of scientific discoveries. I'd rather have the intensely productive commercialized farming due to many scientific discoveries like pesticides, fertilizers, improved variety seeds etc than the highly unproductive subsistence farming.

I think you're misinformed about science, how the peer-refereed academic journals work and do injustice to the humility and hard work of scientists. The discoverer of the polio vaccine, Dr. Jonas Salk, was asked whether who owned patent (write to profit) of the polio vaccine. He replied: "There is no patent. Could you patent the Sun?" Now, does Dr. Jonas Salk sound to you as profit-maximizing, heartless capitalist or a man of the people?

Regarding Lipton, none of his extraordinary claims are backed by modern science. He proffers no mechanisms by which our "spirituality" can affect our biology. No known mechanism exists to account for his believes. To compound his problems, he doesn't seem to do any real science work. When the last time he was published in scientific journals? For that reason he is a crackpot.

Positive   

I wonder whether you watched the video because you are not addressing the content of the presentation!

Why the presenter of video who happens to be Bruce Lipton is not in the peer-refereed academic journals is open for debate and personally I honor your views about him. I understand that he is crackpot for you but I may not share that view with you. See?

At the end of pt1 Bruce Lipton says:

...... So every thing I gone talk you tonight is science within the last ten years and interesting part about it is this it takes at least ten or fifteen years for science to take a fact from its first inception and to get it out to the public so they can understand it..........so what you gone hear to night is the future textbook. You gone know the science that is just been released for the past fifteen years.

As he claims he compiled different scientific findings about cellular biology for the past fifteen years ( before 2000) and in effect proposed new scientific paradigm namely that perception or belief governs the expression of the genes not the other way.

I invite you to comment about that proposition.

As to the role of Science I think its benefitial contribution to humanity specially in the last 200 years is unparalleled but still it has not been a charity organization but profit driven in its practical application. It is my contention that the full potential of the scientific findings has not be utilized for the best of humanity. Why? Because there has not been profit in some findings regardless of their benefits to man and the environment and therefore such findings have never seen the light. Just google: free energy, and you may guess what I mean.

The Awakener2

Raamsade   

Originally posted by Positive:

Why the presenter of video who happens to be Bruce Lipton is not in the peer-refereed academic journals is open for debate and personally I honor your views about him. I understand that he is crackpot for you but I may not share that view with you. See?

Why he hardly has any papers in peer-refereed scientific journals is because he is not engaged in science but pseudoscience. It's that simple. Furthermore, he is not a crackpot to me alone but to many of his colleagues as well. No one important takes him seriously. You and I are probably not in best place to judge him but his colleagues are and their shunning of him speaks for itself.

Originally posted by Positive:

As he claims he compiled different scientific findings about cellular biology for the past fifteen years ( before 2000) and in effect proposed new scientific paradigm namely that perception or belief governs the expression of the genes not the other way.

That is what all crackpots say. They all claim they're misunderstood geniuses who figure it all out. But to any skeptical mind, the holes in his claims are readily apparent. First, there is no known mechanism of how our "feelings/beliefs" affect (change) our genes. He didn't present any mechanism neither have you elaborated on any either. Without articulating the mechanisms first, he forfeits the right to be taken seriously. Second, our feelings or beliefs are products of our brain which is itself a product of our genes. He got cart before the horse.