Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Nomads, sailors and refugees: A century of Somali migration

Dr Ligle, sxb Qoraalkaas BBC waxay qortey 2 February 2006,

Sadex sano iyo bar ka hor, i don't think iney wax iska badaleen wali...Qaad, Welfare, Qabiil, and other communities are getting all the praise,

CIIL BADANAA, MEEL WALBA SHARAF DARRO..........

Dr Ligle   

Arsenal, 95% unemployment can't be cured in 3 years sxb!!! It's terrible that 100 years they been in the u.k and they are called the "most unsuccessful" group in the country!!!

That is just a total slap in the face!!!!

jamalo   

The Global Nomads.

Despite the unrelenting old clan structures, I can argue that we are in a process creating a transnational ethnicity that surpass the Nation-State itself and defies the effects of 21st century globalization.

In a lot of ways, our history gives us an advantage for the formation of the transnational or global ethnicity. Over 1 million Somalis have been scattered around the globe since the collapse of the State. Yet we have managed to maintain strong national and ethnic consiousness. How we explain this paradox?

Dr Ligle   

CSC...cardiff wales and in particular the sea-faring community hail from nw somalia nowhere else. They are those people who this report is about and the shame of this report reflects upon them, not all somalis!!!

I target these reports and find out where somalis are failing in the west and it is always from that region who are failing us. We need to weed them out and name them in public!!!

Muriidi   

back in 1977 after somalia swiped through ethiopia

in a blitzkrieg,and u.s.a. became somalia's new ally

the somalis were asked if they could do the same they did in ethiopia worldwide.

kind of like the marshall plan for germany after ww2

turning germany and japan into economic superpowers,

through migration politics somalia and certain arabian gulf countries are now

world wide social superpowers,somalis more so because they combine certain attributes like:

- total lack of cultural selfconscience,

- absolute mistrust of so called reality

- positive pessimism which blends well with

positive atheism of the west

- nothing to lose "bring it on" type of people

thus causing total chaos & anarchy throughout the social structure of the civilized world...

__the somali empire___

on a more political line, neutralizing/minimiz ing the israeli role and promoting the chinese cause,but that's another article.

Rayyan   

Lool ... call me a drifter!!!

Though i cannot read the article or the thread for time sake,it's typical nomadic story, once you can't make the ends meet,what you waiting for? ka dhaqaaji oo cagta ku dhufo.

Nin sed(Provision) gaaban iyo awrba(his camel) waa sahal dhaqaaqaan( can easily adrift!

I heard most somali people been in holland and granted a residence documents and passports, harnessed one night and the dutch people couldnt find a single trace, Habeen qudha ayaa laga hayaamay dalkii oo dhan. :D

Paragon   

^Lol. Dutch-ku wacdaraa ka qabsatey Somalida. If you look it from another angle, giving Somalis passports is the easiest way of getting rid of them. They simply flood out. smile.gif