Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Somalinimo, maxaad tahay?

TopGirl   

to me somalinimo is the cultural, historcal, religious and identity we somalis share.

somalinimo is what promotes those above values that are the product of the somali people and its civilization and the struggles against slavery, racism, colonialism, and neo-colonialism and civil war and poverty. somalinimo is also Greater Somalia therefore includes Somalia, Djibouti, the Ogeaden and the North Eastern Province. somalinimo would mean to the vision of unifying these territories under one Somali flag and nation. The pursuit of this goal has led to conflict, with Somalia engaging in armed warfare with Ethiopia over the Ogeaden region, as well as supporting Somali insurgents in the so-called Shifta War in kenya. however many people do not believe in the idea of somalinimo becuase we have failed to fight for whats ours. fighting each other in the name of qabilism hs led to the failture of somalinimo.

I have been asking myself this question for ages now and it still raises many more questions in my mind. Soomaalinimo maxay tahay?

Please follow the link http://samadoone.blo gspot.com/

I only raise more and more questions. I am still wondering in a "la ma dagaan" and can't find something, anything, that can quench my thirst for an answer