Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Devorce rates and meaningles lawsuites and abandoned kids

It looks like a can of worms has suddenly been opened by our community. The reppercusions of living in a circular society using the laws to cheat and destroy families.

Recently I had the chance to accompany to court who had some major problems. The lady in question was taken to court by her own ten yr daughter who wanted out. The problem was she was married to one mali man but were devorced n ended up marrying another guy who was of west indies origin. The later too had ababy gal but this particular gal was surrounded by her dads family who workin round the clock to make sure she never ended up in ahome while the somali one was abandoned by her dad who didnt appear on the day and that was the final session. So the lil gal who didnt want to live with her mom n new man was abandoned by her dad too. Social services where looking for temp homes and the last I had was she was being taken to some Asian home.

Now what this ten yr old doesnt know or understand is the abuse this lil kids get. Agood example being Victoria Columbie who was miserably murdered step by step by her relative. Now can imagine anyone careing about a somali kid? I felt so sorry for the lil one who I suppose was advised by her alcoholic father to do so as he teased her about mom being aforiegner etc n yet he himself wasnt there at the end of the day to protect her.

Im sure the alot more stories to be told here but the fact remains alot of damage is taking place including alot of pple crying rape and others even having the audacity to call their parents child abusers.....suddenly we are getting into the nightmare scenario here.....give an ignorant person alighter and he may end up burning him/herself... :rolleyes:

Pacifist   

Definately a problem that is arising everyday. Where i live when a situation like that happens and whatever the kids nationality is. The social services particularly child protection agency calls the masjid and lets us know that their is a kid that needs a home and they are giving us a chance to give the child to a muslim family. May be you can talk to the community their is always muslim families that want to adopt or foster children. Instead of that kid going to some kafir family and that kid growing in a gaalo household.

Even some somali families want to take in kids like parents who can't have children.

P.s MAy be at friday prayers imam can let the people of the this situation...

just a suggesting hope that helps

May Allah help those in need at the desperate hours. Amin

Very sad and tragic one, indeed!

Waan kugu raacsanahay Hasna runtii, in caruurta soomaali intii gaalo loo geyn lahaa lagu dadaalo sidii loogu raadin lahaa qoys muslimiin ah ama Soomaali ah. Sababtoo ah waala ogyahay dhibaatada ey caruurta ka dhaxlaan nolosha gaalada, sida kufsiga, faraxumeynta, maandooriyaha, edebxumo, iyo gaalnimo oo waxaas oo dhan ka daran.

Let's invoke prayers for those families in crisis, because at least our prayers matters most if we can't be at any help to them.

It realy saddens me when I heard such things, but the ones to blame are nothing but the criminal warlords and the so-called contributors (qaaraanka qabiilka) for the warring factions. May Allah eliminate those AIDS-like (The violent and non-voilent racists) people among us who fuel and perpetuate the atrocities against our innocent people in everywhere. Aamiin

Hasna sis for this to happen you need asystem that deals with it. We as a Somali community do not have such a system in place so when kids get taken away its the social services that deal with it. However, our community needs to be able to support its people by advocating for better services and support and self empowering itself by taking an active role. ie speak to the social services on issues regarding the Somali and give the much needed advice where its needed.