Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Where do we go from here?

A$$ All

Where do we go from here?

Nowhere. I see no light at the end of the tunnel. We need a miracle.

P.s. sorry to pessimistic, but that's how i see it.

Salaams.

HONEY-D   

Until qabiil (the killer disease that has been spreading for years) fades away from our peoples hearts & minds theres no hope that is the sad reality. :(

Baashi   

MMA,

Two quick points that I don’t like about the article. First, as all other constitutional draft, it is a secular solution that leaves no room for Islamist to participate the process or the transitional authority. Second, the presidential council in the way they defined is ineffective and indecisive. By the way, given the state we are in I’m all for anything that can get us back on our feet. If this can work I would definetly give it a chance. The law and order is what I value and it is what gives the peace a fertile ground to grow.

Most of the time I don’t bother discussing political views and issues on forums....But the views that most of you expressed in here are the same ideologies i have been advocating for quite some time. What I mean is that I had the same view as Che “REVOLUTION BY THE YOUNG EDUCATED (OUR GENERATION) IS THE ANSWER!!!”... The notion that we bring all the Somalis in the western world under one umbrella is good starting point altho it is extremely difficult but achievable.

Do we agree on the following: -

1. There is a need of our generation to be involved

2. Revolution is a necessary

3. It is difficult task and needs lots of resources and sacrifices

4. No one is under the illusion that this will take a short time. It will be long and there will be hardships on the way

5. It is a cause that if we take, will change our lives forever.

6. We all know that Qabiil and Selfishness have undermined our nation and sovereignty.

What else can we agree upon? please continue the list so we can see how far we can go

So let me ask you brothas & sistas

1. Are we ready for a change?

2. We are spread across the world? How can we ova come that?

3. Can we transform our ideas and views into a vision and then into action to safe a country and a nation?

4. How practical are what we are discussing? Or we will start disputing and fighting among us just like our ppl back in Somalia?

5. How long can we be quiet and hope a change will happen?

6. Can we test our selves and see if we can use SOL a platform to test our ideologies? Can we unite the nomads in SOL to this cause?

To me these are the issues we need to discuss rather than keep talk and talk and talk about how the older generation had failed us…

Lets continue the list of our agreed points and the questions we need to answer. Once we complete the list then we can go to answer and solve those obstacles. that is if we move forward at all.

can you also keep a postive mind when u approachin this issue.

Cheers

Baashi   

The Legendary nomad has spoken Bravo!

Now let me add few questions to the list:

7. Can we definitively state the “problem” we are supposed to solve?

8. Is it political? If it is, is it urgent priority?

9. Where do we start?

10. Will there be a litmus test? If yes, how you go about that? If no, how you find a like-minded people who really understand diversity in opinion is a blessing as long as there is a platform and rules of engagement?

11. Where do we get our inspiration?

12. After all said and done, what do we really want to achieve?

Plz continue...I'll be back in Mon. Have a good wkend fellas.