Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Pragmatic- In Search Of A Prince and a chainer of Leviathan in somalia

Liqaye   

I would like for of all of you to consider this, who do you belive would be able to lead somalia into a new age were leviathan( all forces in society that wish to disrupt it)is chained and justice is instilled into our social order.

Many of you would say that any body who could do these things would have your vote.

But looking around at the topics and responses in some of the forums i am left with a nagging feeling that many of us believe that this man would do all these things with out stepping on any ones toes, will change society in a democratic manner and my personal favourite will do all this with out Clannism figuring into it.

Perhaps we got to wake up and smell the PROPANE leaking under such a facile argument.

This is my picture of what somalis need for a leader.

A man :

lets face it although women have always been a mainstay of our culture and have been the major providers during the period of the civilwar, no man and indeed very few women would vote for a woman no matter how storied her past, and how exelent her pedigree, a woman as president although a pleasing illusion will not happen in the somali context.

A religious man:

First of all i donot mean an ikhwan although this would be desireable for some,

an ikhwan is a weakling in this world of tough decision's, and dare i say immoral decisions to be taken we need not one who quotes the quran but one who takes action, how ever detrimental to his chances of nural-cain in the next life, therefore although a religious man is desirable what is absolutley fundamental in a leader is that he ACTS like a religious man , first row in prayers and with a very dark gatta (prayer mark) on his forehead let him lead prayers on CIID and let him be generous with his money (a sign of religiosity in any man) if he feels him self to much of a hypocrite perhaps he can console himself that he is only one of 6 million somali men who are hocrites just like him, and let us not forget the strength of religion worn lightly, a strength that shall be appreciated by all somalis.

A man of the right clan:

here i mean a man whose clan has not ruled before, is not too large, and is not to implicated with too much of the fighting that can not be explained away as being for self defence, but take this with a pinch of salt as in the end strength in the military world will be respected, feared and supported by all somalis who respect only these things *somalidhu markaad deegta kahayso bay ku hishmadayan* poor somali i am sure but the words of abdirazaq haji hussein a man who could garner support if it wasnt for the fact that he cannot be respected.

Strength in particular:

a man who wishes to rule must be strong militarily by being able to create coalition's of clans (there is that word again) as well as a coalition with the islamists who now through fronts control most of what presently masquerades as economy in somalia ( seeming religious wont hurt this ruse ), some might believe that military strength is not a prerequisite to leadership, they should take a look at our own little example of mismatched ideas . The TNG goverment formed in somalia belived that all its moral force and 12 years of war would be enough to tip the boat towards peace , the issue ladies and gentlemen was not about representation or miscommunication beteewn the TNG and the warlords, the fact is the warlords knew the goverment was powerless to impose anything on anybody, not respect for LAW or the fear of it as an entity.

One does not talk the language of peace to a man with a gun, all of it is lost in translation.

History is litterd with examples of such ********* , of men or groups of men that thought they could convince men of war with words instead of the possibility of an unsuccesfull war!

Let us leave the dove in its cage only a man with knowledge of war can impose peace.

Ruthlessness: A major part of leadership in somalia is the mollifying of opposing forces through the use of the carrot, loans (ofcourse intreast free), support for political and development platforms e.t.c.

But people, is not the use of the stick not as important to a leader, or must one threaten its use to get the desired reaction. Although this might work, in a while it will not, even more so with people as bull headed as ours, what is to be done then ....?

Sure democracy is fine, talking is great but what is needed is something that will keep the men from breaking their bonds.

Although words fail me i will give you an example of a man who would be prince's (and who will never be) action when his rule was threatend in puntland, yes you got it our very own Yusf abdulahi when this man in 1992 was faced by a group of mullas in las canood and other areas, he attempted negotiation, they would not agree for you see GOD was on their side, the colonel attacked them and so completley routed them that there has been no threat from that quater for a very long time.

Unfortuantely as in everything one must know when to stop the colonel because of his own insecurity decided to massacre the families of the fundamentalists, you see he is not a man who understands the limit between ruthlessness in pursuit of ones goals and bloody mindedness.

A distinction that must be observed by any future leader.

The Fox and The Lion: these are two extreme characters that needs to be welded in the personality of a future leader, instead of explaining my version of it i will give you what i consider an example of each:

The FOX : Ebrahim Egal was most undoubtely a fox, he became the president of somaliland, having never sided with the SNM or having ever taken part in an armed inssurection, but he beat people like Ahmed Silanyo and Abdirahman Tur to the seat, men more deserving than him.

How, because he was a political operator extrodinaire he knew how to bribe and when to bribe the elders, he knew what men, who might have endangered him wanted for them selves and bought them off, he outmanouvered countless rivals and outlasted others, in the great burco meeting of 1992 he went with out sleep for 72 hrs canvassing votes, being awake long after all his political enemies had dropped asleep, literally. A fox indeed! but in his urge not to fight he has allowed sool and sanag to fall more and more into the orbit of puntland, being a lion here would have undoubtedly given an understandable message to another lion abdillahi yusuf.

A Lion: Aideed was the man who could have taken over somalia, now many would argue with that statement, you may till you explode i dont care if he did or could have the fact is he did not and failed as a Prince.

But in fall of 1992 he had the prestige of arguably bringing down the barre regime, he had the support of the SNM indeed abdirahman "bobbe" the SNM information secretary at the time and many others said he was the only southerner they saw them selves working with in a goverment.

He had the respect of military men having been one of the best tacticians produced by the somali army, and lastly having being incarcerated for 9 yrs he had the sympathy of all those regardless of clan who remebered labatan jirrow and other hell holes, but a lion cannot change his mane when a little known hotelier decided quite out of the blue to call himself the prseident, Aideed should have been a fox to counter him i.e buy out his supporters, allay the fears of his clan e.t.c unfortunately he did not due to the "macanagniimo" he had to display as a lion in the USC struggle. He failed and so did the nation.

LION and FOX in the same man, both creatures you will notice are AMORAL meaning that they donot consider what they do for survival and self protection liable to the strictures of morality.!

So please, any one who feels that they wish to reply should keep this saying in mind " i have decided to go with what works in all disscusions about morals".

Coloow   

Ogun, a good description; but you forgot to add the hyenas. These are semi-warlords or warlords in the making. Hyenas have been living off the carcasses; are mainly below 40; and all they can is murder.

later...