Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

HOW A HOME IS FURNSHED???

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Have you ever noticed that every home today centers their home around the living room. And the living room is centered around the TELEVISION SCREEN. It is this Television that becomes the Center of the home. How big of an effect do you think that this has on the inhabitants of the home? I found that at my home, we onlyeat together during RAMADAN, the rest of the year, its usually around the Television.

Going on with this phenomena, most muslim homes nowadays don't have any semblance (impression) of ISLAM.

In islam, the HOME was an extension of the MASJID!!!

This is a very important concept that has become lost and archaic!

How can you claim to be a Muslim family and say that you worship ALLAH, when the largest things in your homes consist of a TELEVISION and COMPUTER, in which the family gathers around!!!

These are the family IDOLS!!!

Why is there the most room made for these things and the PRAY MAT and QURAN are pushed over to some corner and ONLY during SALAT times do they appear. SUBHANALLAH!!!

Why the muslim home should be centered around SALAT and the QURAN and not TELEVISION AND INTERNET!!!

How can you convince children that you want to raise in a western society that they are muslims and that Allah and his Rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasalima) comes FIRST, when everything in the home shows other wise.

If you were to see now a home that doesn't have a Television in its MAIN room, you would find it Strange, wouldn't you. Why?

Fi Amanallah

biG mOm   

Asalaama calaykum warahmtullaahi wabarakaatu

maasha allaah brother khayr this is true wallaahi, subhana allaah, it's very nice advice, thnks for your reminder, wa jazaka allaah khair

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Walaahi brother I noticed that too. Although I don't watch t.v., its still in the living room, and its so weird because its addictive sometimes, like a control or something like that. However, I'm sure there are a lot of people that have those 'I love Islam' stickers on the bummer of their cars who don't even pray, its not the decorations its the intention.

Modesty   

Also I'd like to mention that television and computers can be productive and informative, for this world and the next.

Khayr   

Salaamz,

To center the home and the family around the Television is what I was talking about. Why can't you have a small television in a small bedroom.

The center of the home should be where Allah is remembered the most-The Masjid area of the home.

You should also try to have a Quran in every room in a distinct area that highlights the QURAN.

I never said shun yourself from technology and modern day innovations but inshallah know where there role is and how it effects your lives. If something is going to bring more harm to the souls of the members of family, then it should not be purchased or be given a secondary space in the home.

Fi Amanallah