Sign in to follow this  
Miskin

How Patriotic are we??????

Miskin   

How Patriotic are we.

As we all know it has been some 13 long years since we had some sort of central administration, our country is divided into separate tribal based states, our towns and cities are controlled by short sited warlords with short sited interests backed by foreign powers, our sees became tip for foreign wastes, our people scattered around the world, our dignity and nationhood no longer exists.

Every Somali I ever spoke to about this issue claims to be nationalist, but if it is so why are we in this difficult situation, are we loyal to our respective tribes more than to our beloved country????

ur opinion counts

Miskin-Macruf #2

Good question, brotha. I think we, as Somalis, are patriotic but in a twisted type of way. I think, generally speaking, we have our priorities n loyalties all mixed up. Our first n foremost loyalty lies with tha clan, which immediately destroys this theme of patriotism. However, I do think there are very many patriotic Somalis. You need only to look at Somaliland and the people there; how they're helping each other in every way n continue to contribute to form a fluent n solid society.

So, patriotism is there but is supplemented by a lot of negative energy. That's the prob.

Hope my comments helped.. smile.gif