Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

AIDS a threat to all Somalis

Hibo   

..."The number of infections among African-born immigrants rose from 28 in 1999 to 45 last year, a 61 percent increase, the department reported. Women were infected in higher numbers than men..." Now thats pretty Scary to say the least and most of the African Immigrants in Minnesota happens to be Somali.

------------------

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii

Hibo   

Its unfortunate to say, that most of them chill with the blacks in their cribs... I won't say, I feel sorry for them..coz I don't ..infact I am all neutral about it........Ninkii soo joog laga waayo soo jiifu ka helaa....marka brotha... I am not concerned with folks, that r not careful of what they do, or who they lay with! Its sad that they r somalis...coz I am somali..n I hate to carry a disgraceful name just b/c of them!

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Hibo   

Thats a bummer - Thank god I live far far away from MN lol. No seriously anyone can get AIDS including U/Me (god forbid)- we should be sympathetic and pray for those poor infected souls. Receiving blood transfusions, or Sharing needles(which's common in Africa), a harmless trip to the dentist can sometimes turn your whole life upside down - You don't necessarily catch it by only being sexual with som1 - so it is best to find out about it now so we can protect ourselves.

God Bless

------------------

Live today to the fullest because tomorrow is not promised".

Hibo   

Ur right SouL_LaDy!

But don't u guys feel particularly sorry for those babies who are born HIV positive and will definetly die b4 a certain age coz Full Blown Aids will destroy them?

Those peepz (or should I say infants-they're still humans after all!) R the 1's dat get a penalty for sumthin (a crime) they never commited.

Anyways I watched a programme once about the chances of catchin HIV in Africa & although the chances were high, men from certain tribes who practised circumcision had a much smaller probability of catchin the often fatal disease! So perhaps we're a bit luckier than what we bargained for!

Peace n Luv ExDane

Hibo   

i agree w/soul_lady

We must not point fingers, since u can get aids from needles,blood stain, etc. Things other than having sex. We should protect our self's and pray for those who have the virus.

take care.

Hibo   

There is a need for objectivity about this delicate topic. We shouldn’t just take it for granted that most people with AIDS are prostitutes or get it only through sexual contact. No no...It’s also got through blood transfusion, births, dental needles and also drug related needles used by anyone who is a victim of these horrible disease.

We need to feel compassion and help any of our brothers and sisters who are suffering rather than ridicule and think everyone of them has done a wrong. Only Allah can judge them not us. We need to educate ourselves about the causes and also be able to learn ways to combat this disease. We also need to introduce training and outreach workers to assist those who are suffering.

------------------

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii

Hibo   

Damn! Aids has finally arrived 4 the Somalis, has it? I had hoped that we wouldn't get it until a cure was found, coz once someone in the community gets it, it will be very easy to spread. Walaahi, Somalis are very trusting! If the guy doesn't want to wear a contraceptive, the girl won't force him. Which is sad, cos that's how the damn thing gets around.

But no matter, coz if Allah wills it, then u can't get away from it. So may Allah protect us all and our children.

Somalis plz PRACTICE SAFE SEX, 4 all our sakes!

Ashwaq   

That is really sad.

I read a while back the refugees in Ethiopia are also getting aids. Some cases where find inside Somalia. May Allah help them all in their hour of need.

Allow anagana naga kori!

Kowneyn   

Barwaaqo:

The best option is xalaal...

If u r doing xaraam then know ur going into battle so take some precautions to increase your chances of staying alive.

Kowneyn

Ilaahaye ha Caafiyo anana Hanaga Ilaaliyo!! Amiin........

It's not their Faults(maybe some) But You can get this Disease more then ONe way!...What if this Poor people were working on Clinics or Hospitals & had dealt with AIDS/HIV patients? or what if they got it from a Blood transfusion? There are countless wayz they can get it....Anyway..Those of you who are Healthy THANK ALLAH for that...and Keep on doing what U do but don't blame them.....

I personally think this is another Racist propaganda especailly since the state of MN is full of Racist...They're Labeling refugees aka Somalis as AIDS carriers when infact it's them that brought it all over the world to begin with...as they say Wixii Xunba Xaawaa leh!...Even if we Somalis had it, it's only very very very FEW!....Notice how it said on this Article"Minnesota Health Experts cautioned that the increase, almost exclusively among gay and bisexual men"...C'mon It's not Like we got Gayz and Lesboz now do we?..I really don't believe this even if it's true..It definitely aint as much as they said it was!!

Allah knows best!...Maybe this is a "sign" for the lost one's???

Ma'salaama

Hibo   

Goodness, it's sad to hear such a thing, but honestly not suprising.

Aids is such a wide sperad epidemic that it was only inevitable that it would eventually reach our community. It is the fifth leading cause of death among persons between the ages of 25-44 in the United States. About 47 million people around the world have been infected with HIV since the start of the epidemic.

The biggest reason for such a widespread epidemic, is a lack of education in this subject matter. Most people think, that it only happends to Homosexuals and Prostititutes, but the truth is that this horrible disease is out there and can infect anyone. The best defense from such a disease is abstinance, but for many young adults in our community abstinance is not part of their vocabulary. So the best thing to do is to educate them, let them know that this vicious disease is out there and the only way for them to defend themselves is through practicing safe sex so long as they want to practice pre-marital sex in the first place!

Hibo   

From my understanding, most of the Somalis in MN, arrived in the last ten years, right?

I believe America has been testing the refugees it allowed in for HIV most of that time. Apparently no-one carrying the disease was allowed into the US. So, how can Somalis be the ones carrying the disease and infecting other ppl? Like LF said there can't be that many ppl infected in our community.

So, the African immigrants they r blaming must be other Africans.....I think.

Hibo   

Barwaaqo:

It's true that the United States does test refugees coming to their country for HIV/AIDS, but thats not the matter at hand, it's obvious that if they were tested there is no possible way that they could have been infected upon arrival. The matter is that they contracted this disease in the United States as residents of this country, and that is highly possible.

Hibo   

Yow it is punch of crap, we all the know they all racists......Let's talk about the truth....they got all those fags running around in mpls, and they wanna talk about HIV..they got more gays than any city in the world, and that is where the aids comes from..sorry about my language but they are punch of fags.....