Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

The Economist on Jewish Lobby

Here are notes from the ECONOMIST MAGAZINE on the jewish lobby and how it dictates American foriegn policy.

"What about the charge that the Jewish lobby is “distorting” American foreign policy, by persuading governments to put ethnic interests before national ones? Not likely. All American presidents have happily crushed the Jewish lobby whenever they think the national interest demands it.

Ronald Reagan, a pro-Israeli president, sold AWACS aircraft to Saudi Arabia over strong objections from AIPAC. He was so infuriated by Israel’s invasion of Lebanon that he put a picture of a Palestinian child on his desk. In 1991 George Bush senior brushed aside AIPAC’s objections when America threatened to withhold loan guarantees if Israel continued to expand its settlements in the occupied territories. Successive American administrations have declared Jewish settlements in the territories illegal and counterproductive. AIPAC, like all ethnic pressure groups, is good at getting its way on things that presidents don’t much care about. But when it tries to butt its head against issues of national interest, it ends up with a headache.

The current administration is a particularly odd candidate for the role of cat’s-paw to the Jewish lobby. Jews are the only group of rich white people who habitually vote Democratic—and many of the Jewish commentators who are credited with such influence over American policy would rather dress up in a Ku Klux Klan outfit than endorse the current president.

The Jewish lobby has a particularly testy relationship with the Bush dynasty. Jewish organizations regarded George Bush senior as the most anti-Israeli president in recent years—a man who saw the Middle east in terms of oil supplies rather than Israel’s destiny. James Baker, the elder Bush’s secretary of state, is credited with a memorable line on the Jewish lobby: “**** the Jews. They don’t vote for us anyway.”

The current president is certainly more sympathetic to Israel than his father. During a trip to Israel a few years ago he was shocked to learn that Israel had once been only nine miles wide: “In Texas, some of out driveways are longer than that.” But sympathy does not reduce him to a puppet of a domestic lobby. Is Mr Bush giving in to the Israeli lobby when he urges Israel to deal with Mr Arafat, or when he argues that the Palestinians have legitimate grievances? And, in the midst of a war on terror, is America acting against its national interest when it stands behind a country that is trying to tear up terrorist networks—and that, in a daring strike back in 1981, destroyed Saddam Hussein’s earlier efforts to build an atomic bomb? "

Hibo   

When it comes to power, the Jews have it all. The are so powerful that they can actually swing elections with the money they got. If you look at the dollar, one of the first bills had Benjamin on there ...which means they created the dollar too. Major marchant banks like Rothschilds and M/Chase are all owned by jews. The federal reserves is basically controlled indirectly by jews from major Industrial banks. So no wonder when it comes to the third world debt hmmm they sure got ahand somewhere in there.

------------------

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii

Hibo   

Ohhh no!!! So, the jews existed since American colonial days? OH NO!

------------------

camel3s.jpg This nomad is going home baby.

Hibo   

Israel, or ppl of jewish origin own everythin in the US. There is no stopping them, whether the earlier preisdents or current president supports them or not. They always hold upper hand in the game. Regardless of what this pathetic BUsh administration does or don't, it all comes down to what Israel wants. The US, r looking for ways to destroy any muslim country that is willing to make an active move in regards to their disapproval of what is happening to Palestine. Iraq boycotted their oil, the US is all ready to bombard , saying Saddam has to leave. That is just a lame excuse. Saddam is in his homeland, with his ppl cheering. Just b/c he choose to not kiss America's ass he has to go. I am not sure of what the future holds as for the muslims, but one thing I can tell u... its not BRIGHT...if we continue to be the way we r.

I believe any muslim can make a difference, it might not be noticeable, but once we r a herd I am sure we stand a chance!

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

i came in looking very visable!

Salamu calaykum walaalo

I would like to ask you a question, why do you and almost all Somalians hate Juwish people?

Jews and Somalian have nothing in common and live in two different worlds, and class.

One can not finger point and say all juwish people are bad, beside all the prophits were jews, with the exeption of prohpit Mohamed(PBBH).

My best friend is a Jewi, I play basketball in their community center, amongest, right wing pro-anti-arabs jews, they don't show me hatred what so ever, I think they are as human as every human being in the world.

Why ptray them in such away walaalo?

I think we Somalis are taking in too much Arab propagada, did you know 20% of the people living in Dubai are Juws, Iran has more juws then Israel, and all the Arab countries have atleast more that 02% Juws living there, Tunisia, Egypt, Morroco, and so on, yet they priech how much they hate Juws?

If you hate juws. because you are stickibng out for your Arab muslim brother, then think again, because the rashio of the Arab people who are Muslim is 2:2.

So who is who, when every christian Arab knows more about the muslim religion than u?

I would love to put it together, but sorry i going to work soon.

Thank you.

I left in a hurry for a missionless in a preditorial way!

Salaams,

Excellent discussion shaqsii, congratulations goes out to ya bro. The Jews have a firm hold in the financial markets and institutions of many western countries in particular the states. Since they own many banks like Rothchilds, JP Morgan, Goldman and Sachs, Chase Fleming and the list goes on. Therefore, through their wealth they bought political power. I mean the White Americans hate Jews as much as they hate Blacks just speak to those white people in pre-dominately white areas. This Jewish political power is manifested on the Jewish Lobby which is the biggest lobby in global politics. They can literally decide govenmental policies such as USA foreign policy especially in regards to the Muslim countries (Middle East) and influence the direction of the so called war of terrorism or realistically war against Muslims.

In my opinion, the Jews are not invicible. They just want us to think they are. The money and political power they got is a measely amount compared to what the Muslim Arab countries can get through oil but the problem is that these Muslim oil producing and exporting countries are being politically exploited by their own governments and also Westerners such as the rich texas oil barons like Bush (The pest). For example, In Iraq in order for the people to get basic food and equipment (shelter, blankets etc) Saddam has agreed to "food for oil" with the americans. I mean just look at how cheap the Muslim oil has become. In some places in Texas, you can go to a garage and fill up your tank and at the same time put some water in the engine to cool it the garage worker will probably not charge you for the petrol but will charge couple of dollars for the water. I mean in US, petronl and oil are dead cheap. And when Oil prices fall, it normally means good news for the Western Economy because many firms overheads will fall, transport costs, heating costs and crude oil costs will fall. But it means bad news for Muslim countries as revenue (Price minus overheads) will dramatically fall.

The Economics of this situation is rather simple, the Muslims should be the richest in the world because they have oil. And oil like is a unique natural good that can yield financial and political power cause we live in the age where electricity and gas are paramount, I mean just look around your house and count how many things in your house use electricity and/or gas. Therefore, the west will always demand oil because they need it to run their economy and the Muslims will supply because they need to create revenue. The trick here is for the Muslim Oil producing countries to collude, fix prices high and basically act as a cartel. By doing this, these countries should always sell the oil at a high price depending on the political environment (their govts have to support the cartel and share profits evenly). I mean in most economies the markets are not competitive nor monopolies they are oligopolistic, meaning few sellers operate in the market. For example, in the oil market, the are very few sellers because not every where in the world has oil or the capability to take oil from the ground. Making a Muslim cartel in the Oil and Petrol market would be undoubtly successful because it would gurantee huge profits for the cartel. The Muslim countries will then be always better off and richer. I mean those economists or bankers in this forum can bear testimony to this, read the works by Professor George Stigler, Machlup and Profesor Mishkin of Columbus University. With this newly found wealth we can start up new weapons programmes such as nuclear and chemical. And we wil be a major force in the world. Both in terms of military and political power. Then no one will dare mess with us otherwise we just simply flex our military muscle and smoke the culprits out.

Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that we are politically and financial weak because we have unfit dictatorial leaders in most of our countries. We need to reform and transform ourselves, our families, our citizens, our military and our political systms using Islam as the guiding principle.

Insha Allah, I have a dream that one day the Muslims will grow strong, re-unite and defeat their enemies and will be once again the Major force of global activities such as Economics, Politics and helping the rest of the world from darkness into light as aforetime. May Allah help us All to succeed in this life and in the here after.

Jazaka Allah Khairan,

And the struggle goes on...

Mujahid...