Sign in to follow this  
Naag-qaawan

We need the Ladies to vote................

Salaams sista's.

Most of us know the current situation in Somalia and Somali Politics. It has always been the MEN who decide what is good for the country and what is not. Somali Women have no Say in most things especially when it comes To Politics!! I Personally think Somali Men are the cause for everything that has happend in Somalia Good or Bad for the past 11yrs and Beyond. So I'm wondering what you Ladies think about The Division in Somalia..

U know SOMALILAND,PUNTLAND,MoqdhisoLAnd etc... Do U think our country is well better off Separated or United?

I would like to hear from the Pro's and the Con's, and if you're a Pro or Con Tell us why please??

I'm against the Separation Of Somalia 120% even though I love what some parts of the country it's doing for themselves, I still believe we are all better off United as a Nation!

------------------

Anything good I said came from Allah...Anything bad I said...well..thats PMS talking.

Hibo   

Naag Qaawan:.. But sis ever wondered who was behind these men?.. Its a WOMAN sis. Men can be very sensitive in telling the real deal in public...but we all know, at the end of the day when he crawls in bed with his wife, he pours his heart out to her.....n its her opinion he takes to the councils next day. So Chill out sis...after all we do have a say. That is that.

ABout the separation, sis, if u look at it most of the countries in the world do have centralized governments , yet there are local governments that take a role. I used to live in United Arab Emirates. That country is divided into 7 states. Each state have their own local rules n regulations. Although they all share one president. So sis, my point is let those areas of somalia that can edevelop, develop. While the rest drags on. This issue of uniting them should be raised when every corner of somalia have gained peace n some kind of law. B4 that lets not ruin those areas that have made it so far. I am sure youngsters like us would have a say when peace finally befalls on Somalia. But then again that is just my two cents wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Hibo (edited 10-19-2001).]

Faiza   

Naag-Qaawan,let me just ask you one question,I hope you don't get offended.But just about everything you've posted,under it you wrote,Evrything good I said came from Allah And evrything bad comes from PMS.How long does your PMS last for most women it's just a week or less.

JUST WONDERING HOPE I HAVE"NT OFFENDED YOU!!!

Jaber   

first of all...can I come in?

I guess am not welcome because of my gender.....but I must agree with every single word Hibo wrote....u go girl

tell it like it is girlsfriend............maybe if u somali women stop making those darn delicious laxoox's and quit playing Turub with ur Kusbands after dark lol ....may be then and only then we can have a peaceful country..

no need to throw me out.....I know where the Al-baab is smile.gif

Salaama again,

Good point Sis Hibo.. I do agree with you somewhat but also I do believe in the saying...

Somaliyeey to'saaye

To'soo isku tiirsada ee

Hadba Kiina taag daran,

Taageera waligeen!!

I know some areas of the country are really way behind while the rest is doing well.. but wouldn't it be Nice if we help them?? help each other?

Faiza.... Non taken sis, I don't rewrite it, It's a signature perhaps U should read about it on the 'faq' Frequently asked Questions section on top?... 2ndly, My PMS re-surfaces every now and then.. it's abnormal condition which is found in NQ only.... let me rephrase that, do you know what Tourette Syndrome aka TIC is??

Or if you watched that movie Duece Bigalow, Male Giglo... where he picks up this lady for a date and in the middle of the ride she screams and says... Fu*K U this and that?. Well, I've a similar condition which makes me say bad things which I don't mean to say them. I hope that helps U understand why I've PMS attitude 24/7 smile.gif ....lol

and Finally, Jaber... shame on U, what are you doing in the Ladies room? smile.gif

------------------

Anything good I said came from Allah...Anything bad I said...well..thats PMS talking.

[This message has been edited by Naag-qaawan (edited 10-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Naag-qaawan (edited 10-22-2001).]

Hibo   

I couldn't agree with you more Hibo, you hit the nail on the head.

if only somalis were to understand the concept of federalism.

if one supports the break up of somalia into regions, you would be labelling as a traitor which is ridiculous. if somalia becomes a federal gov'ment rather than the centralised one which have failed thus far. Where each region manages thier finance, bugdet and all the other internal needs of the region. While the external affairs is controlled by the federal gov'ment.

Viva le Somaliland

viva le federal somali

unixguru   

Man this Somali thing so complicated its not even worth talking about…There are *no* easy solutions... its so sad... and know their talking about the Americans might attack or give the amxaro the "go-ahead"...:S

Hibo   

Hibo i agree with u 110%. anyway i was thinking why can woman be the persident for change huh? maybe it is better for female to do the job. after all man had the chance and look where we end up.maybe its time for woman.

Salaams ppl

Well hibo...u hit the nail right on the head

I think Somalia is better off divided for the time being and as Hibo said, Somalia can only be united as one when wounds have healed and when there is peace in every corner...the war is still going on, over a decade, it will take yrs before Somalia can be fully restored to what it once was...and who knows? The future Somalia maybe a better nation then before...insha allah biggrin.gif

mataan   

WASSUP MY PPL:

NICE TOPIC. WOMEN PLAY AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN OUR SOCIETY SO THEY SHOULD HAVE THEIR SLICE OF THE BREAD. I AM NOT SAYING THEY SHOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENCY AND POSITIONS LIKE THAT, BUT THEY HAVE TO MAKE THEIR VOICES HEARD. THEY HAVE TAKEN A VERY CRUCIAL PART IN REGENERATING OUR COUNTRY, ACTUALLY I BELIEVE THAT IF THEY WERE RUNNING THE COUNTRY OUR COUNTRY WOULD HAVE BEEN IN A MUCH BETTER POSITION.

EVEN THOUGH I HAVENT BEEN IN SOMALIA FOR LONG I KNOW THAT WOMEN IN BOTH BACK HOME AND IN WESTERN COUNTRIES HAVE MADE A GREAT CONTRIBUTIONS TO OUR COUNTRY...KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK AND REMEMBER THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE (me 1st) WHO APPRECAIATE YOUR WORK...

The next part of my message is for my sister who wrote the topic (Naag-qaawan):

Marka hore, Salaan fiican iga gudoon walaal. Waad ku mahadsantahay topic-kan aadka u qiimaha badan. Runtii waan ka helaa topic-yadaada aad soo post garayso. Waad ku mahadsantahay. Ta labaad, walaal naanaysta aad la baxday waa mid aan fiicnayn (in my opinion). Anigu waxan jeclaan jiray in aan saaxiibaday magacyo u bixiyo markaa maalin ayaa nin baa igu yidhi magacyada xun-xun qofka bixiya ama la baxa wuxu ku geli karaa cadaab markaa maalintii laga bilaabo qof umaan bixin magac. Adiguna adigoo iga raalli ah walaal haday possible tahay iska bedel magacan. Haddii aan kugu gafay ama ku insult gareeyay please forgive me and I am very sorry cos I know I got big mouth.

ONE LUV

MA'A SALAAMA

BRO MATAAN

Salaam all,

Nice reply's people... Plz do continue.. I still stand on the same believe that somalia is BETTER off UNITED!!.... Gacmo wada jir ayeey wax ku qabtaan!..This Division will only bring more hatered among the Tribes that reside in each area!.... Personally, I rather live with people from all kinds of tribes.. rather then with one group of people! and if you separate somalis that is the result, each group(Tribe) will live in their lil corner of the country and discriminate the other people who are not from their own tribes... Calaa Kuli Xaal... This is just my opinion..who knows it?.. as some of you stated already, it maybe better off separated or it may not... All I want for our country is PEACE again!

Mataan:... Walaalo thanks for the sincere advice but your bit late!.... the User NQ no longer exist.... LF is the Name now! smile.gif but thans again I appreciated.

Ma'salaama

mataan   

yeees sorry madame... my apologies

haa walaal i am very late... anyway nice name, keep posting sister cos u r great

wasalaam

Hibo   

Nabi Mohamed (saw) said " A nation ruled by a woman is a nation doomed"...
[/b]

Dammit! I am so angry I don't kno wat to say. Gabadha Qaxootiga ah, part of the reason we r refugees today has to do with men and their politics. U have taken what the Prophet(SAW) said out of context. If u go back and read the Xadith, u will kno this was a reference to ONE woman only. I can't remember who now....but I am sure I can find out.

I refuse to believe that women are any less than men. We r all equal in front of Allah. I don't c any Islamic reason why a woman can't become the president.....only bigoted cultural values stand in the way. Other Muslim countries hav had female heads of State...eg Pakistan and Indonesia. They haven't been doomed....hav they?

The defense rests its case!

Baydan   

NQ aka Lady Fatima (I think you told us before?)

Anyways abbay I agree with you in your claim that somalia shouldnt be seperated. We should stand proud and united under our beloved flag...Our country can have different entity/factions under one flag and one name and still be united...like america.

I think this would be for the best interest for all of our 18 regions..we'll have a parliment each region it's representitives and so on. In this way all the country's wealth will not be vented in one area like it has been in the past...xamar was the only place build. We already see a taltale of this success in puntland (take groowe for e.g the place was tuulo a baadiye now under construction with a promising future) another example to see is somaliland..a freind of mine send me pictures of the city they've just built their first traffic the whole city is under constraction--just beautifull and it goes on and on places much neglected in the past are now being recognized and built.

Hibo

You said the issue of somalia uniting should only be draged out when the regions in conflict gain peace...But sis, this could take 20yrs from now gacmo wadajir bay ku waxda qabsadaan

the future of somalia wayn hings on these regions working right now..not some 20yrs from now becouse then it will be --water under a bridge. Besides history tells time widens the gap. I say for greater good the country needs to come together before it further divides the people. You just dont abandon your brother in need.