صدقتهم يوما Ùاوتني الخيام

و غدا طعامي من نوال المحسنين

يلقى الي إلى الجياع الاجئين

Ùسلامهم مكر Ùˆ أمنهم سراب

نشرو الدمار على بلادك و الخراب

http://www.palestinianforum.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-2238.html

BOB   

NGONGE,

What do you want BOB to say Sxb when you post a "Poem" that he can't even read let alone understand because you know he doesn't write and read Arabic but still you give me no choice but to Sacabka for you :confused: but I trust that you are not taunting me in your peom for if you did then you have broken our Dhagax Dheere Peace Treaty. :( .

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

Bob, I have no idea what you’re on about, saaxib!

This is a poem by a Palestinian poet. The title of it is “The Will of a Refugeeâ€. In it, the poet is giving his son a declaration and advice before death. He says (and I’m only translating it quickly to ease your paranoia):

Tomorrow, my son, the twilight will engulf me; nothing remains of life but a drop

The lamp once shone and burned; its wishes and hopes dried out until it suffocated

So, when you clean up the dirt of my grave from your hands; and go feeling your way to your tomorrows

Remember the will (advice) of a father under the sand

One that was dispossessed of the dreams of old age and youth!

We used to have a dwelling and we used to have a home

And I paid for its salvage the greatest of sacrifices

With these hands of mine I buried your brother in it without a “kafan“!

If I cried once then it’s only because I had to bear the loss of both

Two wounds in my side, a dead son and exile!

A wasted boy and a subjugated motherland!

They’ll try to negotiate with you about peace

NEVER listen to their words

Like a child being tricked with promises until he sleeps; NO peace and the shame will not leave your face!

I believed them once and the tents became my home! And the source of my food was the charity of the generous! Oh! How it was thrown down to my fellow hungry refugees and me!

Remember my son that their peace is trickery and their promised safety is an illusion; remember how they spread demolition and destruction in your homeland.

PS

Jilaato, there are others that can read Arabic on this site, dear. Still, that above translation (though it was done in haste and does the poem no justice) should give you and everyone else an idea about the poem.

PPS

This poem was written in the 1950s and its quite remarkable how farsighted and aware of his enemies this poet was. His name was Hashim Al Rifaaci (for anyone who might be interested).

Eid Mubarak again. :D

J.Lee   

We used to have a dwelling and we used to have a home

And I paid for its salvage the greatest of sacrifices

With these hands of mine I buried your brother in it without a “kafan“!

If I cried once then it’s only because I had to bear the loss of both

Two wounds in my side, a dead son and exile!

A wasted boy and a subjugated motherland!

Thanks for posting the poem, it was enjoyable read.

It is sad to see a parent refer to their child as wasted yet more sad for a parent to acknowledge their child is wasted [in terms of Islam].

BOB   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Bob, I have no idea what you’re on about, saaxib!

I am on Welfare and something else called Binji, what about you Saaxiib? :D:D:D .

now that I read the English version of the poem even though I am not a brat Brit. and understood the moral of the poem I didn't like it but "LOVED IT" and I would like to thank you for sharing it with us by giving you a bag full of Binji so you can have fun with it.

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE keep the good job, sxb.

Following is one of the classic Arabic poems. It’s the famous قصيدة of al-Farazdaq which he excessively praised Hussien ibn Ali. It was said that this poem is unmatched in its literary beauty and elegance in the commendation-- مدح – category of Arabic literature.

So this is for you and those who enjoy the أدب العربي.

---------***************************------------

هذَا ابْن٠ÙاطÙÙ…ÙŽØ©ÙŽ Ø¥Ùنْ ÙƒÙنْتَ جاهÙÙ„ÙŽÙ‡Ù * بÙجَدّÙه٠أنْبÙياءÙاللَّه٠قَدْ Ø®ÙتÙموا

هذَا الَّذي تَعْرÙÙ٠الْبَطْحاء٠وطْأَتَه٠* Ùˆ الْبَيْت٠يَعْرÙÙÙÙ‡Ù Ùˆ الْحÙلّ٠و الْحَرَمÙ

مَنْ جَدّÙه٠دانَ Ùَضْل٠الْأَنْبÙياء٠لَه٠* Ùˆ Ùَضْل٠أÙمَّتÙه٠دانَتْ لَه٠الْأÙÙ…ÙŽÙ…Ù

ÙˆÙŽ لَيْسَ قَوْلÙÙƒÙŽ مَنْ هذا بÙضائÙرÙÙ‡Ù * ألْعÙرْب٠تَعْرÙÙ٠مَنْ أنْكَرْتَ Ùˆ الْعَجَمÙ

أللَّه٠شَرَّÙÙŽÙ‡Ù Ù‚Ùدْماً Ùˆ Ùَضَّلَه٠* جَرى بÙذاكَ Ù„ÙŽÙ‡Ù ÙÙÙŠ لَوْحÙه٠القَلَمÙ

Ù…Ùشْتَقَّةٌ Ù…Ùنْ رَسول٠اللَّه٠نَبْعَتÙÙ‡Ù * طابَتْ عَناصÙرÙÙ‡Ù Ùˆ الخÙيم٠و الشّÙÙŠÙŽÙ…Ù

يَنْشَقّ٠ثَوْبÙ†الدّÙجى عَنْ نور٠غÙرَّتÙÙ‡Ù * كاَلشَّمْس٠يَنْجاب٠عَنْ Ø¥ÙشْراقÙهَا الْقَتَمÙ

Ø¥Ùذا رَأَتْه٠قÙرَيْشٌ قالَ قائÙÙ„Ùها * Ø¥Ùلى مَكارÙم٠هذا يَنْتَهي الْكَرَمÙ

ÙŠÙغْضÙÙŠ حَياءً Ùˆ ÙŠÙغْضى Ù…Ùنْ مَهابَتÙÙ‡Ù * Ùَما ÙŠÙكَلَّم٠إÙلاّ Ø­Ùينَ يَبْتَسÙÙ…Ù

يَكاد٠يÙمْسÙÙƒÙه٠عÙرÙانَ راحَتÙÙ‡Ù * رÙكْن٠الْحَطÙيم٠إÙذا ما جاءَ يَسْتَلÙÙ…Ù

ÙƒÙلْتا يَدَيْه٠غÙياثٌ عَمَّ Ù†ÙŽÙْعÙÙ‡Ùما * يَسْتَوْكÙÙان٠و لا يَعْروÙÙ‡Ùمَا الْعَدَمÙ

سَهْل٠الْخَلÙيقَة٠لا تÙخْشى بَوادÙرÙÙ‡Ù * ÙŠÙزÙينÙه٠إÙثْنان٠حÙسْن٠الْخÙلْق٠و الْكَرَمÙ

حَمّال٠أَثْقال٠أَقْوام٠إÙذا ÙÙدÙحوا * Ø­Ùلْو٠الشَّمائل٠تَحْلو٠عÙنْدَه٠نَعَمÙ

لا ÙŠÙخْلÙÙ٠الْوَعْدَ مَيْمÙونٌ نَقيبَتÙÙ‡Ù * رَحْب٠الْÙÙناء٠أَريبٌ Ø­Ùينَ يَعْتَزÙÙ…Ù

عَمَّ الْبَرÙيَّةَ بÙالْإÙحْسان٠Ùَانْقَشَعَتْ * عَنْهاَ الغَيابَة٠و الْإÙمْلاق٠و الْعَدَمÙ

ÙŠÙنْمى Ø¥Ùلى Ø°Ùرْوَة٠الْعÙزّ٠الَّتي قَصÙرَتْ * عَنْ نَّيْلÙها عَرَب٠الْإÙسْلام٠و الْعَجَمÙ

Ù…Ùنْ مَعْشَر٠حÙبّÙÙ‡Ùمْ دينٌ Ùˆ بÙغْضÙÙ‡ÙÙ…Ù * ÙƒÙÙْرٌ Ùˆ Ù‚ÙرْبÙÙ‡Ùم٠مَنْجى Ùˆ Ù…ÙعْتَصَمÙ

Ø¥Ùنْ عÙدَّ أَهْل٠التّÙقى كانوا أَئÙمَّتَهÙمْ * أَوْ Ù‚Ùيلَ مَنْ خَيْر٠أَهْل٠â€Ø§Ù„ْأرْضÙ†قÙيلَ Ù‡ÙÙ…Ù

لا يَسْتَطÙيع٠جَوادٌ بÙعْدَ غايَتÙÙ‡Ùمْ * Ùˆ لايÙدانÙÙŠÙÙ‡Ùم٠قَوْمٌ Ùˆ Ø¥Ùنْ كَرÙموا

Ù‡Ùم٠الْغÙيوث٠إÙذا ما أَزْمَةٌ أَزَمَتْ * Ùˆ الْأÙسْد٠أÙسْد٠الشَّرى Ùˆ الْبَأْس٠مÙحْتَدÙÙ…Ù

لا يَقْبÙض٠الْعÙسْر٠بَسْطاً Ù…Ùنْ Ø£ÙŽÙƒÙÙÙ‘ÙÙ‡ÙÙ…Ù * سÙيّÙانَ ذلكَ Ø¥Ùنْ أَثْرَوْا Ùˆ Ø¥Ùنْ عَدÙموا

ÙŠÙسْتَدْÙَع٠السّÙوء٠و الْبَلْوى بÙØ­ÙبّÙÙ‡ÙÙ…Ù * Ùˆ ÙŠÙسْتَرَبّ٠بÙه٠الْإÙحْسان٠و النّÙعَمÙ

Ù…Ùقَدَّمٌ بَعْدَ Ø°Ùكْر٠اللَّه٠ذÙكْرÙÙ‡ÙÙ…Ù * ÙÙŠ ÙƒÙلّ٠بَدْء٠و مَخْتوم٠بÙه٠الْكَلÙÙ…Ù

يَأْبى Ù„ÙŽÙ‡Ùمْ أَنْ ÙŠÙŽØ­Ùلَّ الذَمّ٠ساحَتَهÙمْ * Ø®Ùيمٌ كرÙيمٌ Ùˆ أَيْد٠بÙالنَّدى Ù‡ÙضÙÙ…Ù

أَيّ٠الْخَلائÙق٠لَيْسَتْ ÙÙŠ رÙقابÙÙ‡ÙÙ…Ù * Ù„ÙأَوَّلÙيَّة٠هذا أَوْلَه٠نَعَمÙ

مَنْ يَعْرÙÙ٠اللَّهَ يَعْرÙÙÙ’ أَوَّلÙيَّةَ ذا * ÙَالدّÙين٠مÙنْ بَيْت٠هذا نالَه٠الْأÙÙ…ÙŽÙ…Ù