Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

The illest MC

Rokko   

jin01.jpg

HIS NAME IS "JIN" ...... acuudu bilaah.

Nomads, there is a new buzz in the hip-hop community as of late. Not so unusual that it concerns the label Ruff Ryders. With names like DMX, Jada Kiss, and EVE all being backed by Swiss Beats party sound and catchy hooks, they are constantly in the news. However this buzz is over a young kid from Miami who is a shade or two off from the chocolate tone normally associated with the Double R.

If you have seen the latest Styles video, I Get High, you may have already seen him, he is the little yellow kid in the red outfit walking through a sea of predominately blacks. That was Jin Au Young, the craziest thing to happen to rap since Eminem made it cool to be a white boy. Jin makes it clear however, the only thing him and Em have in common is they are outsiders doing black music. He will get his opportunity to make his own place within the rap circle when his album drops later this winter.

His trip to Ruff Ryder status starts in early January on the set of 106th & Park, BET’s live countdown show not so unlike that of TRL. The 19-year-old Chinese kid from Miami stood out in a mass of African- American contenders. Jin kept his cool however and made onto the final cut and earned himself a spot on Freestyle Fridays. Once on the show Jin ripped through emcee after emcee for seven weeks straight.

His seven weeks stay on BET’s 106 & Park gave him nation wide exposure and his deal with Ruff Ryders gave him a chance. His witty comebacks like, “Yea I’m Chinese now you understand it. I’m the reason that your little sister’s eyes are slanted,” won unanimous decision after unanimous decision and landed him into the Freestyle Friday Hall of Fame. After his seventh and final battle Jin pulled out a platinum chain and gave everyone what they were waiting for, an answer. Was he ever gonna get signed? Where was his deal? He announced that he had signed with the Ruff Ryder record label and Jin’s future could begin.

While on 106 & Park every rapper he battled joked at his color or lack there of. Jin however, does not mind that the first thing that comes from his opponent’s mouths is a racial slur. In fact he hopes that it is. Jin has become so used to the race card being played that he struggles with comeback material if it isn’t. Jin is wise enough however, not to try to throw back racial punch lines. He shows his due respects while practicing a black art form. Although there is a rumor he drops an “N Bomb” on his newest album. We will have to wait to see how it is received in the hip-hop community. Personally as a nomad fan, it's all love.

Go to Kazaa and download each video clip of his 7 week battles.

Here are some text clips of his first couple of weeks

Jin tha MC: The New Asian Hero

By Ravenloft

Jin's Webpage

The Asian hip hop community and Asian people in general can rejoice because we have a new hero!

His name is JIN.

As of now, he's kicking some black, hispanic or whatever comes his way's *** on BET's 106 and Park: Freestyle Friday.

Just like Jet Li, before him in Romeo Must Die, a lone Asian male is totally dropkicking suckas like they were last months garbage.

And from the sounds of it...they are.

COL'mon get the chants going people!

JIN!!! JIN!!! JIN!!! JIN!!! JIN!!! JIN!!!

He's Asian and he's rocking the joint.

He sounds like Eminem minus the odd ball family theme.

Plus he's a righteous brother. His little sister is ill and he gives out his well wishes. Much respect there.

Now the rules of Freestyle Friday:

1. No cursing. Auto Disqualification

2. You have 30 secs to do your thing

3. After the beat stops, please stop rhyming.

4. Touch mics and battle.

WEEK 1: Champ: Hason vs Challenger: Jin

Lowdown: DJ for the day is Scoop and Freeway is a judge for the day. The reigning champion is Hason, and as usual the challenger goes first.

Let's remember folks, the challenger for this week is our hero. Jin kills him and makes a statement.

Hason tries but Hason can't even battle back.

Mr Taliban tallied that bananna and right now it's Jin 1, Taliban 0.

JIN:

"With a name like Hasan u should join the Taliban

Because thats the only way you'll get flexed to drop a bomb

when they retire me and i land in the room

you'll be outside trying to shake hands with Scoop

you got six victories i wonder if this will hurt the closest u'll get to 7 is the number on ur shirt.

yeah i'm chinese now you'll understand it, I'm the reason that his lil sisters eyes are slanted

if u make one joke about rice or karate, NYPD be in Chinatown searchin for ur body.

Ask free he'll tell u to drop down, he thought the harlem shake was a drink from uptown.

Whatcha wanna do son, i'm ill when i spit, i'm tellin u right now you aint legit...[trails off, and time ends]

WEEK 2: Jin vs. Sterling

Lowdown: Sterling from Jersey, and the DJ of the day was Fat Man Scoop. Judges of the day were from The Source Magazine, so you know they know their stuff.

The new Asian hero, Jin totally decimates this sucka named Sterling from Jersey.

DJ Scoops can't believe it either, claiming Jin is 'Crazy!'

Sterling had some ill rhymes, but in the end Jin was left standing on the podium where only gold shines.

JIN:

yo, u wanna say i'm Chinese, sonny heres a reminder, check ur timbs they probably say made in china

dont make me get on this tip and straight kill ya

his name is sterling because all he rocks is silver

do u stop following tres, ur girl must love alcohol b/c she be swallowing jin

yo i'm about to flip the script whn he's coming to it,

ay yo, u see me spitting on the block u running to it,

this is 106 and park, i'm a hard act to follow, u an amateur u go to the appolo

cuz i'm freestyling, know whn i'm done,

u aint a baller,son, tell the audience the truth,

i saw him breakdancing for spare change on 42.

WEEK 3: Jin vs. Skitzo

Lowdown: Skitzo is SHITzo my niggaz.

He brought his own props to a freestyle, therefore not a freestyle since it was already predetermined. Geez, during his rhymes he kept taking out props from his jacket...he had a picture of a girl and the worst...when he says, "whatcha wanna do? battle me or sell me dollar store batteries?" and he actually pulls out the dollar store batteries...WTF?

He was dead in the water. Jin hit him and he just didn't get up.

JIN:

yo, u a sucka and i mean it kid,

my girl would never go with you b/c she dont like guys w/small penises

dont make me come at u, b/c as a rapper u dont have a chance

better off asking nelson to teach u how to dance, my freestyle's about to tear u up

i'm really something that ur not used to, he's the first one to open a fortune cookie that says 'ur a loser'

4 more weeks and i'm in the hall of fame w/poster boy, thn u can join my street team and put up posters boy

u aint close to me my manger is about to get me a deal; his manager is bagging groceries

u clap guns? super soakers make noise,

he the type to play strip poker with his boys.

Crowd: Oooooooooooooooooooo.

WEEK 4: Jin vs. Logan

Lowdown: Freestyle Fridays are vary serious these days. Or so Jin says. For him? No. His challengers? Yes.

The days Judges included the Vice President of A&R Entertainment, and Ty Larr of the Super Bowl Champions: New England Patriots.

Now I gotta give credit where credit is due.

Logan had a really good style. Sounds like Masta Killa meets Beanie Sigel. However, he really got his *** handed to him by the almighty Jin. My man, Jin, was kickin it.

JIN:

Yo, if the rap game is whack, then everybody's blaming u,

if ur from brooklyn then biggie must be ashamed of u

cuz, i'm a freestyle, show u how it is,

matta fact, ur from BK, heard they murder things, only time he see beef is whn he goes to burger king

i'm a player of the game, u just sitting in the stands, matter of fact during the super bowl he was cheering for the rams

u dont even like football, its a myth like unicorns he just like seeing men in tight uniforms

i'm freestyling whn i'm kickin it, so riddiculous, put yourself in a bad predicament

matta of fact my lil sister has something to say, 'theres no way u beat my brother on freestyle friday.' [end fade]

WEEK 5: Jin vs. Noose

Lowdown: Now Hollafront people!

Week 5 is here!

This guy sounds like a dollar store version of M.O.P., he had a good verse saying, "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve...".

At first it sounded as if this week's challenger would knock off our hero...but then Jin talks about an Egg Roll and Dumplings in Noose's girl's mouth...It was his Trump Card. Booya. Brooklyn Hollafront.

JIN:

yo, come on see, i really dont know what ur doing,

he got a kobe bryant jersey on, but he look more like a white skinned patrick ewing,

i'm nice with it whn i'm spitting, come on in a week or so, i'll be spitting on a swiss beats,

while u'll be at the bodega asking for swiss chesse,

i'm nice with it freestyle, come on, u wanna take about guns, thats why u get ur stutter on,

only toast u see in the one u put butter on,

i'm nice with it whn i free,

yo yo chk it out, ask ur girl i was doing something in her house,

matter of fact she had my egg roll and my dumplings in her mouth,

next time u see her pre check your protection, next time you see her, ITS A WRAP!

Yeah, I know, it wasn't as strong as his other raps, but hey he still rocked the mic.

WEEK 6: Jin vs. Skazoo

Lowdown: Skazoo is another brother with a sick style, lyrics are quick and sharp. Ska's rhymes of "My girl look like Free, you're looks like Freeway..." or the great, "You're nasty? What happened? I'm nastier then what's between Lil Kim's legs before she started rapping."

What his mistake was dissing AJ, the co-host of 106 and Park...and for that he was murdered.

JIN:

yo, i get girls who u tryin to diss man?

he masterbate so much he rocks a wristband

u got guns pointed my way, he's so played out i thought he was the old skool joint of the day

I got fans all over the country jin is who they feelin, last time he had a fan it was spinning on the ceiling.

i go online to check my hotmail, he go on the internet and check some hot males

u aint a hustler ur mans coping the work he be at the club like tweet droppin the skirt Oops!

I didnt know, my freestyle tear it up, u up on stage but its a pity though,

dont make me spit in ur mouth like missy's old video, I'll spit in it...[*fades*]