Sign in to follow this  
Miriam1

International Society of Poets+CONFUSION!!!

Miriam1   

Salam :confused:

Hey guys i am facing a delima.Few months ago i posted a poem in the peotry.com website, just out of bordem and a "what the heck" mood thing.

But since then they have been sending me letters asking me if i would let them include by poem in a coffee book edition, then in some other book, then in a tape. At all these times they have asked me to pay for these things if i wanted to have them.So my natural sense said to ignore them

Which led to beleive they were phony and only after money.

BUT now, they send me this invitation for a convention where i am suppose to be one of 35 poets chosen to win a grand price of 20,000 dollors :eek: , Naturally iam not going its in DC and i am in Toronto :rolleyes: , My point is did any of u poets here come across these people and do u think they are serious.Or are they compelety some whatevers.

Peace and Love ;)

Paragon   

lool Jawaahir

I sent 7 poems under another name and they sent me 14 letters telling me that i am such a poet and that they wonna publish me. Include my poems in a CD called Sound of Poetry. Lol it is funny isn't it? i did ignored them too..maybe you should reply to them...through letter with your poem on it.

Invation to world poets something..lol they sent me that too..they are bluffing

I don't know walaahi but they may include your poem to one of those coffee table books made from the finest of paper quality..lol

worth a try though

Miriam1   

Salam

Thanks a million Jamal, i will take ur word for it. I am certainly going to continue to bluff them. I mean the biggest sign is that they want me to pay $75 for an invitation they sent me !?!.

Peace :D