Sign in to follow this  
BOB

From Unemployed To Businessman.

BOB   

This is the true story of *Yasin, the man who everybody that knew him thought he wont live to see his 20th birthday but today he is risen above all that and not only did he make it past his 20th birthday but he is a good husband to his beloved wife and a great father to their 3 lovely kids.

Ladies and Gentlemen this is his story with his own words:

"I grew up in a poor family, my father was working but the money was so little that he couldn't support us, so when I turned 14, I joined in with some older friends and together we would steal anything that we could find and then buy cigarettes and Miraa (Jaad) and some of the older boys started to smoke (Manyasi) and drink alcohol and soon we graduated to burglary where we would steal from TV and VCR to washing machines all the way down to Spoons and Forks just to get by and satisfy our growing addiction which this time included chasing around girls and breaking their innocent hearts, I was still at school because one of the guys advised me not to drop out of school incase things went horribly wrong and i got caught then my family could argue that I was a student and might even walk free or get a minor sentence.

When I finished matric, I wanted to further my studies and become some one in life but unfortunately there were not enough funds to do it, I borrowed some money and enrolled for a security course, I started working but I could never have a permanent job, my desperation got to the point where I began to steal from the companies that hired me.

but not even that solved my problem , I was always unemployed and had a lot of debts searching for better opportunities , I travelled to all the major cities in the country and wherever else people said was good. I just wanted to succeed and take care of my ailing parents now, my father became a bed ridden and Mom, well, what could the poor old lady do?

Even in those places they said were good couldn’t ease my frustrations and anger, everything just went completely wrong in my life, I ended up thinking that I was born to suffer and my addictions were not helping my situations, I started to smoke two packs per day and chew the whole night and make a plan for the things that I would do first thing in the morning, I still went with my friends whenever I could and took part some missions.

One day I saw one of my school mates who was doing really well in life, so I asked what he had done and he told me about Allah, on the same day I decided to go to the Mosque and start praying and when I arrived at the Mosque I immediately felt a difference in my life, I received a hope for a better tomorrow.===========>

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

As I joined in the Asar prayer I got a new vision for my life, I gave up all my addictions...the drugs, the women and stealing and surrendered my life to almighty Allah (S.W) and from there my life finally began to come together and I learned how to use my faith in the right way, at that time I was working as a security guard and I managed to become one of the best in that company, I went to courses and seminars just to learn how to open my own business and all praise be to Allah today my life has changed for the better.

Today I have my own security company with 150 employees and my company serves most major companies in my city, I also have a security training unit and both businesses are doing very well Alhamdulillaah before I decided to surrender to the almighty Lord, the all knowing and the all seeing Allah (S.W) I used to believe that just because I wasn't educated, I will never ever have a better life, but at the Mosque I was taught to use my faith in Allah and that alone was sufficient to make miracles happen.

I am happily married to my soul mate today, the one that I have always prayed for and because of her I am at peace with myself today and i always look forward to going home to her and to our three lovely children.

People say I am lucky, Well, I agree but what they don't know is that we are all lucky because we beat out 1,000,000 (Million) other sperms just to get here for a start but what we choose to do with our lives is what makes us winners and losers and the difference between Men and Boys is the lessons they learn in life.

----------------------The End---------------------

Well, I know you are asking yourself what is the moral of the story and why I wasted my energy to post one lucky dude's story, right? Well, it's simple really, I wanted to play the role of your motivator for a day, because let's be honest, we all have dreams and ambitions to fulfil and there will be time when the going will certainly get tough so remember "Never Give Up" because if Yasin of all people could make it so can me and you, he once said to me "As long as you have ambition and you can dream, you are alright but the day you stop dreaming and being ambitious individual is the day you should worry because remember everything begins with a dream just like the journey of thousand miles begins with one single step, however the effort and the guts to make those dreams come to reality is the small margin between being a Winner and a Loser.

Peace, Love & Unity.

sofine   

thank you bob...not only did this story needs be read by so many somalian boyz and girlz who are facing this kind of trouble in aboard...but they also need to realize that allah (s.w) is the only one who could help us open doors in the future...and that when the road gets tough...you musn't get mad or ask you're self "why me".... it is a way of ALLAH testing us...and seeing if we are strong enough to handle "THE TEST"...anyways i said enough MAY ALLAH BE WITH US ALL... icon_razz.gif

BOB   

Hasna & Sofine, I am Glad to hear that you liked it and hopefully it will motivate you just as much as it did motivate me and the rest of my friends as that is my main mission ( to motivate you all) and the reason why I decided to share this story with the rest of you guys.

Peace, Love & Unity.