Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

UK swine flu deaths jump to 29

Faheema.   

Twenty-nine people have now died in the UK after contracting swine flu, up from 17 on Monday, the government has said.

It comes as the number of new cases hit 55,000 last week and the NHS has seen a surge in calls and consultations.

Ministers in England have responded by promising the National Flu Service will go live at the end of next week to relieve pressure on hospitals and GPs.

The government has also warned that deaths from swine flu this winter could be between 19,000 and 65,000 in the UK.

Experts said it was impossible to predict exactly, but with a third of the population perhaps becoming infected in the coming months the death toll could rise to such numbers.

The World Health Organisation has also described the pandemic as the fastest-moving one ever, adding it was now pointless to count every case.

The pandemic flu service will allow people to get access to anti-flu drugs by calling in or using the internet.

_46070023_swine_flu_rates_16.07.09.gif

more...

Londoners, try and avoid packed trains or go equipt smile.gif

swine_flu_0426.jpg

Faheema.   

We all should be concerned to be honest. I was suppose to meet a friend of mine on thursday but she felt ill and had to go home. Yesterday she got diagnosed over the phone. She spends most of her time travelling on the trains.

BOB   

If anyone of you wants to flee from that tiny Island called Ingirand...first you MUST call me and see if I can sponser you before you just call me at the airport and beg me to come and fetch you ok? :D

on a serious note...bal is ilaaliya anagana waan idin soo duceyneynaa Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ibtisam   

Maybe I should call the doctor. :confused: The confusion that is around this thing sucks. I mean seriously.

Abwaan   

Concerned or not minii Ilaah kuu qoro waa kugu dhacaa haddii kalena kuu soo dhowaan maayo ee Ilaah hannaga hayo...It is scary...specielly when you hear this number died for it in your city...

Indhoos   

Ilaahay ha idinka badbaadiyo...war dadka le'day Soomaali malaga haybshay?..ala most of my family are there, I should call to check on them...be safe bal dad yahoow.