Sign in to follow this  
Geel_jire

Almost before we spoke, we swore ....

Swearing,cursing & using profinities are a part of human nature.

"Studies show that if you're with a group of close friends, the more relaxed you are, the more you swear," Dr. Burridge said. "It's a way of saying: 'I'm so comfortable here I can let off steam. I can say whatever I like.' "

ppl i'm not encouraging swearing, as ramadan is just around the corner, this is just, an interesting read ....

almost before we spoke, we swore !

Psychologically when we feel comfortable in setting we are able to express ourselves more easily – i don’t think we needed research to make that observation. For example, the expression of idea within racial groups – we are likely to make a derogatory remark against another race/group – just look at Somalis when they’re with their tribal peers, and listen to the kind of words they use against other tribes.

We’re in the age of political correctness, and Somalis no matter how ill mannered we are -- often we indulge in the politics of modernity.

Sky   

How many more weeks before Ramadan? I don't want to hear all of the sudden that the month of Ramadan begins tomorrow. I need time to prepare myself mentally and physically for Ramadan. Gradually, I need to get used to eating like crazy in the early morning (mission impossible), not eating and drinking till salaadda Maqrib (piece of cake) and squeeze 2 large meals between then and before I sleep and juggle Salaad Tarawiix (in my mosque the session takes at least 2 hours) with homework, sports and relaxation.