Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Somali cab drivers will strike Aug. 18

LuCkY   

Once again Zakariye you seemed to have missed my point. I wasnt intending nor was i impLying to be sarcastic hence its a rather sad ordeaL-and for me to be sarcastic wouLd be just unacceptabLe.

I just dont want to see so many of our brothers get kiLLed or end up being afraid and carrying guns, watching their backs 24/7 because they are cab drivers.*I know other jobs are and couLd be just as dangerous*

I didnt say there was anything wrong with the cab driving business...i just said our younger youth shouLd Look for other profession-in other departments.

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

lucky, walaal, my apology to you, yes i did misunderstood you but now i got your point. It is well spoken and i appreciate and sorry for my quick trigger loving response, sorry walaal macaan.

c/salaam

Its really sad walaahi..just the other day, my brother showed me where the second guy was shot as we were driving by..on cedar n 24th i believe...walaahi felt like crying.its sad.. This is what happen...dont know wheather it was the second guy or first but...

--there were three guys in the cab..1 native american n 2 blk. They told him to call his wife and not to speak any english..pretty much say good bye to your luv onces in other words..and he called his wife n said' "their gonna kill me tonight" and described one of em as (ali basta} in other words native american and laboo madoow inta ku dhastay"..meaning 2 african americans...shortly after he talked to her..they got him out of the car and he ran..they shot him 3 times...all this as he was running..shot him in HEAD 3times. n tha is the one tha was in cedar n 24th if am not mistaken

and as for the first one..he was close friend of my brother. He was talkin on the fone to one of his friends while he was around the bloomington area. A GUN..SHOT WAS FIRED ....(his friend not knowing wha happen...thought the tire of the car flatted n pay no mind)...few hours later, he heard a somali cabbie was shot in bloomington and word got around tha it was his friend..walaahi tha was sad....very.

Regardless, it was sad, and i think 'we somalis' need to be carefull...this is by far a hate crime. Thank god, two of em are off the streets but the native one or cauciausn whatever it be is missing...n i fear for the other cabbies tha think its gonna happen again.

Think its about time...they put a bullet prove glass to separate the cabby n the passengers in the back..n have a camera installed in the front to capture the people tha enter the back seat...n oh it wont kill if they had a detector as well..tha is located in the main office..( but somali cabbies wont like tha...they be just sittin in front of starbucks yaah lol..but on the real...investment will carry you far...

wun

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

wallaahi waa cajiib, laakiin it went ok the other day, those of us who went there i guess we made our point across,and i am very glad that i took the time to show my support to my brothers. So what this leaves to us nothing, just not more than 2 days ago almost the same area they have beaten up a somali brother , he is now in critical situation life and death, for the sake of money, yes and again there were African Americans, if you gussed them ,you are right, so Pray for that brother, may god make him recover well, if he didn't then he will become the third victim in this maddness. So pray for the brother, i hear his name is "Ilka case" . I don't know the guy, but he is one of the hospitals. Walaalayaal is ilaaliya meeshan waa ay xumaatey,But this is my suggestion to all of you, if you live in a Low income or whatever housing plz be carefull i think you have snakes living with you the same complex so be carefull, all.

c/salam