Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

2010 World cup draw

^ :D @ Group C

Group C is a cake walk for the Barmy Army.

Group G is the wild card... it can get really ugly in that group if the Ivorians display discipline. A very big upset is in the offing here.

Group D: Ghana can be destructive and can also self-destruct. Lets hope its the former. I like to watch their games anyway.

Group B: Greece and South Korea are no match for the mighty Eagles from Nigeria :D

MZanzi   

Group C: United Sates and Algeria* (*my heart here)Slovinia has a chance too. Not England.

I'm glad I found someone with sound football knowledge icon_razz.gif;)

England with all their faults tend to do ok in the finals. The fact that Fabio Copello is their manager should give then something extra. All the big powers Should do well.

Oz   

Here are my last 16

Group A - Uruguay and France

Group B - Argentina and Greece, i have a feeling they could be Quarter Finalists, they could come up against France in the last 16 and the tactic they will use will frustrate the French imo and Rehagel is a better coach than Domenech.

Group C - England and The USA, but Slovenia could make things interesting

Group D - Germany and Ghana/Serbia

Group E - Holland and Japan (just)

Group F - Italy and Paraguay

Group G - Brazil and Ivory Coast

Group H - Spain and Switzerland

BOB   

Spare a thought for my boys (Bafana Bafana) who are the worst team out of the 32 teams and yet they got Mexico, Uruguay and France!

in theory Ivory Coast should be able to beat all three of them but then again deep down inside you know you can already see Kolo Toure, Eboue, Boka or Abdulaye Meite making rush a challenge against Ronaldo or Kaka and concede a penalty in the dying seconds of the match...what I mean is African teams ALWAYS let you down which is why I'm not expecting anything from any African team but if Bafana were to make it out of that group then I will be very happy. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Abtigiis   

Dear BOB,

Which theory says Ivory Coast should beat Brazil? I think they have good players but not with the quality of brazillans.

I think Brazil will beat them thoroughly, but I have the feeling they may be able to surprise Portugal. But they will conceed penalties, no question about that!

Dunga has already come out and said Brazil is not in the group of Death. He sounds confident.

Tuujiye   

Bob the worst team is Newzeland sxb lool Bafana Bafana boys danced on Newzeland last time they faced each other.. I think South Africa has a good chance coming out.. in Group A, Mexico is the strongest...

I think all the groups are fair aan ka aheen Spain's group.. Spain got very lucky...

For group D, I think Serbia is the strongest in that group and Ghana should be second..The Germans have lots of experience but they are the oldest in that group and their coach is facing two very experieced coaches...

Group E should be Holland and Camaroon easy for both..

Group C. I think Algeria could come out of that group.. England and Algeria/Slovenia

OZ, Do you really think Greece is better than Nageria? looool come on man this is not the european cup my friend lool..

I hope Ghana makes out that group!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Lool @ North Korea, it is thrown in the group of death, one wonders what is Kim-Il doing in the world cup. He will nuke South Africa if they lose in the first round :D

Abtigiis   

Tuujiye,

People should not base their predictions on name or past achievements. Nigeria is not a very strong team from what I saw in their qualifying campaign.

Cameroun has Achille Omana, a wonderful midfielder, but if SONG plays as the center back, they are out.

England struggled against Trinidad and Tobago, and have difficulty whenever playing a technically good side. Algeria should give them some match.

EDIT- loooool@Kim nuking South Africa :D

I think the group will work out as follows:

-brazil will beat NK

-Ivory coast draws with Portugal

- Ivory coast beats NK

- Brazil beats Ivory coast

- the communists hold Portugal

- Brazil will draw with portugal (already qualified after winning the first two games, they will field an experimental 11).

Brazil 7 points

Ivory coast 4 points

Portugal 3 points

NK 1 point

Abtigiis   

with all due respect Dear bro Norf,we are not discussing the English Premier League and hence your opinion will not be taken as weighty. :D

Abtigiis   

Sherban, I think they are the dark horses and will beat England.

Perhaps you didn't notice novices like FU-fu, who take their sides from the media while lifting weights and never minding watching the teams paly, mocking my audacity.