Sign in to follow this  
Curly

Hundred days diet.

Curly   

I’ve always joked with my friend that she was on a no food diet, obviously thinking it was the most absurd thing anyone could possibly do without suffering from some sort of psychological disorder.

But lone and be hold there is! Some crazy people have discovered that going through starvation is the quickest way to loose weight, (erm…DUH! Daafur could have told you that)

The diet called lighter life promises to help you loose up to a stone a month, but it isn’t completely crazy. You will be supplied with supplements and counselling to help you survive with both the physical and mental agony one would go through during the treatment. The concept is aimed at people who comfort eat and therefore the person is not allow to physically chew anything and all the supplements are in a liquid form.

Lol :D just when you thought you’d heard it all they have to go an surprise you!

Miriam1   

If there is a somali expert on fad diets tis MOI lol tired them all hated them all. The Liquid diet as u mentioned is seriously dangerous and seriously EXPENSIVE..all those drinks and cousellling can leave u broke in no time.

There is such a thing as food addiction..people feel the exterme need to have icecream or drink a soda, its more then comfort really. Its the strong feeling that without this, I am being deprived! I need some icecream real bad. :mad:

Personally after trying a gizilion diets i realized that i couldnt stand the strict rules, I didnt want anyone telling me what to eat or when to eat. The best thing is to formulate your own diet and be smart about this. KNOW what kind of person you are, calorie sensitive or carb sensitive..do you gain weight after eating one slice of bread or have health issues where high fat content is not good for you.

Pick a few things you like about one diet and mix it with some other stuff that YOU like.. I personally hate all diet drinks the stuff sucks..for the vitamins and minerals I rather take a tablet.

Then comes the MANIA of reading labels. dont go over board..there is no difference between 100 calories and 106 calories..or 12gcarb or 14gcarb.

Loosing weight is amazing. BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO EAT RIGHT, to keep your great results last long term. Really how many of us lost 20 pounds and suddenly found that after 5 months that you gained the weight back?

Working out is a natural important thing....for the girls out there....cardio rules...never trust a workout where you are sitting...it might help you burn a few calories but the best thing is running, walking playing a game like raquct ball, or cycling(stationary bikes).Personally the silly rule of 30 mins a day is nice if u want to loose 0.5 pounds a week. But if you are planning to loose more...its a important to work for around 2 hrs a day with intensive cardio...I love taking classes, at ballyfitness, they are fun and better then the dull machines.

Believe in yourself, that a chocolate bar..isnt going to make you feel better. its a process that NO fad diet can help you in.

I mean after the liquid diet wat then? has it taught how to eat probably..what kinds of veggies to avoid and what to eat? For a short term weight loss thingy maybe,,but long term...gaining the weight back is inevitable. Plus I have tired the Liquid diet but call me crazy..I couldnt live..I mean I had to work and Go to school and study and do household chores...I was dead by the first day.

lol sorry about rambling on..but like i said..i am a expert.hehe

Jawahiir

Sis you are a true expert. The best way to lose weight is walking atleast 30 minutes a day. Its terrible. I have never had to deit in my life I have never even heard of half of the dietes you girls mentioned. I have a fast metabolism luckly but I would like a fair amount of adipose tissue especially in winter. :D

Curly   

Lol ^^^

Hey girls!

I guess it’s not that most Somali girls are fat…but rather deposit what little fat they have in the most unflattering places :D (I’m sure you all know what I mean ;) ).

I’m not bothered about m weight much, even though sometimes I feel alittle on the big side, usually when I can’t fit in my old pair of trousers : ( and the buttons look like they’re ready to pop…lol

No but seriously I’m more worried about how I’ll look in say 5-6 years time -inshallah, if I’m still alive- when usually Somali women blow up with the derrière (I don’t think I need to elaborate further) :D I think I should start going to the gym now before my derrière arrive 5mins after I do. Lol

:D:D:D

I know my BMI (body mass index) says I'm fine but I dislike my frame, I guess I'll never be a size 8! :(

Can you believe I'm 10 stones! High density bone I guess :D

Baluug   

You guys should try my seafood diet.No doubt you've heard of it.You see food and you eat it,simple!!I was wondering though,how many pounds(or kgs) is a stone,anyway?

Curly   

lol @ the seafood diet

anyways, 10 stones is 63.5 Kg roughly and in pounds that's 140 bls.

1 stone is 6.3 kg

1 stone also equals 14lbs