Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

What Would You Do?

Haneefah   

^ :D . Hadaana? Reer magaal inaan ahay miyaad iloowdey? icon_razz.gif . If someone goes out of their way to make a huge difference in my day, you can bet I will try to acknowledge their effort properly!

:D @ Che. That I can't afford, my friend.

Aaliya, ceeb caleyki sis, waxaas oo kale hadaad maqashey xitaa lama sheegsheego! redface.gif I have a reputation to keep , you know :D

Cara, right on, woman! Usheeg. :D

Anyways, I think I might settle for a thank you card and a gift certificate to the local book store - that should do it.

Pucca   

a simple hadith answers it all

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "O Muslim women! None of you should look down upon the gift sent by her she-neighbour even if it were the trotters of the sheep (fleshless part of legs)."

I personally think its rude to return the gift or show that you're disappointed or hate it. Just take it, smile and say thanks...what you do with it after that is up to you.

Juxa   

wuxu madoofaar baa ku sawiran?

a gift is a gift, having said that i operate saxan-saxan kugud policy and alhamdulilah my nearest and dearest all know the art of giving gifts.

even if i dont like it, i accept it gracefully. i try not to give away a gift and that is why i got few stashed away.

i think i personally always do last minute gift shopping due to time constraint. i go for small and expensive (sheh saacadas costed alot you know) :mad: