Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

DOES KHAT CAUSES MENTAL ILLNESS ??

Originally posted by Hunguri:

Jacaylbro
:D
, send me a Kilo of Hawadai Bunch of Kat. Im sure, you must be close to the farm of ina Afdiinle. You may say salam to Sahuur too. Alla ha sahlo.

:D:D ,,,,, waar dadkaa anigu ma aqaano oo ehelkooda ma ihi ,,,, ina afdiinelena doesn't have a firm ,,,, :D

waxa kaa dambaysay Ina gaafane ,,,, u should try that one ,, i can send one kilo by DHL you know :D

Aaliyyah   

I don’t consider banning khat is the solution. Why don’t we just educate Somali men, they need to know what they are getting themselves into. Whether, it is health, or financial aspects. I am certain education will make a difference. For instance, there is alcohol out there; I mean anyone who is over 19 is allowed to drink right. But, just cuz it is allowed doesn’t mean you should drink it. Just really knowing the negative aspect of it might prevent men from doing it. They need to be consistently reminded that it is not good for them. Bring them all together; ask them exactly what the hell do they gain from chewing that khat. Basically, they need a therapy, get them to discuss the negative aspect and the positive aspects (I am sure they will say, it makes them feel good momentarily). They need to know that the disadvantage outweighs the advantages. Also, setting goals to help them stop would be essential, and how they should face the withdrawal symptoms.

They need quite some help; I think we should invest in therapies. We need to open clinic centers to prevent these Somali men from continuing these bad habits, which in the long run is risky for their health, finance, and for providing for their families. It is the Somali family’s future that is on stake. Broken families tend to lead to kids who are unstable, hang out with the wrong crowd, and who have a bleak future. Regrettably, that is exactly what is happening to many Somali kids, they don’t have a father figure at home. It is not just about helping those men; by helping them we protected a Somali family. My heart really goes out for those unfortunate families; I would have to say I am really lucky to have a father who doesn’t eat khat nor smoke, and that I should praise Allah swt for that. To have a good stable family one needs to have a good role model at home, that is where everything starts. Honestly, this issue should never be taken lightly.

May Allah facilitate these goals, let’s make du’a.

Wa salaamu alaikum

Zafir   

Originally posted by Che-Guevara:

Qat doesn't cause mental illness, but it does give you wings.

Namaste Puuja Jee

Wings indeed. :D:D

Omer   

point taken but khat will always be around even our camels r still taking it. if the camels stop chewin then i will . and that will be a headline for sure

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Broken families tend to lead to kids who are unstable, hang out with the wrong crowd, and who have a bleak future. Regrettably, that is exactly what is happening to many Somali kids, they don’t have a father figure at home. It is not just about helping those men; by helping them we protected a Somali family.

Excellent point.

It's almost becoming the norm: boy meets girl, they fall in love, marry, girl has a baby, boy turns to khat and khat-chewing friends and stays the nights away, boy and girl fight, divorce, girl becomes single mum and tries to win her sex appeal back by behaving irresponsibly, kids become Lord Knows What.

There are so many divorced couples with children who were married for less than 3 years, that it almost makes you sick.