Sign in to follow this  
Timur

New Prison completed in Qardho (pic)

Timur   

59044_144936455544195_100000835242944_21

I'm not sure why they built such a large prison, it could probably house a good portion of the town's population. I think beheading and public executions are better at enforcing law than sending people to palatial prisons. Just my two cents about the dollars wasted here.

The notion that capital punishment plays an important role in crime deterrence has been thoroughly discredited; very few experts in criminology and law would argue that it has anything but a retributive function. Mob violence and punishement - decapitation, lapidation, amputation, immolation - of the sort envisioned by shariah law advocates is not only ineffective in terms of deterrence, but is gratuitiously inhumane, harsh, and sadistic.

The concept of rehabilitation was lost on medieval religious lawmakers. It's not surprising that deterence and retribution were the only cardinal ends of their shallow legal philosophy.

Juxa   

that is massive prison. lets assume it contains rehabilitation facilities (sayid see i am nice) or maybe there are plans to send other prisoners from across brai-region.