Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Hargeisa Orphanage Centre

N.O.R.F   

Agoon.JPG

SDWO (Hargeisa) Munaasibada 8-da March awgeed, waxa lagu qabtay xarunta agoomaha ee Hargeisa Orphanage Centre, xaflad lagu gudoonsiiyay laba miis oo kubadda miiska lagu ciyaaro iyo qalabkoodii, oo ay ka mid yihiin (Rackets) kubaddaha iyo hal dirays oo kubadda cagta ah. waxana deeqdan guddoonsiiyay xarunta agoomaha Mr. Xasan Waraabe-cade oo marar badan deeqo kala duwan soo gaadhsiiyay natiijada kala duwan ee dalka, una heelan taakulaynta ciyaaraha dalka

Waxa xafladaa goob-joog ahayd Marwada koowaad ee Jamhuuriyadda Somaliland, Marwo Huda Barkhad Aadan, oo khudbad muhiimad leh ka jeedisay

Agoon7.JPG

Xasan Waraabe-cade ayaa isna halkaa khudbad ka jeediyay, waxaana ka mid ahaa hadaladiisa “Sharaf gaara ayay ii tahay inaan la wadaago Marwo Huda Barkhad oo maanta goob-joog ka ah inaan xarunta guddoonsiiyo qalabkan Isboortiga oo ah runtii taageero aanu ka helay dhalinyarada ku jirta xidhiidhka kubadda Miiska ee adduunka (ITTF) iyo kan dalka Norwayba. Waxaan leeyahay cid wax la gashado waxa ugu wanaagsan, oo ugu qiimo badan Agoomaha.

Agoon1.JPG

Castro   

They're supported in part by SOAP (The Somaliland Orphanage Assistance Program). Also the Amoud Foundation is involved. What a noble cause this is. Helping an orphaned person is the height of charity in Islam. The unnamed people who do this work deserve our utmost respect and admiration and if we can, our help.

Edit: it seems Somaliland has many organizations working in education, health and other necessities. Does anyone know of similar organizations in southern and central Somalia? I'm wondering about coverage (and overlap), so to speak.

Naden   

Thanks, Castro.

Originally posted by Castro:

[QB] They're supported in part by
(The Somaliland Orphanage Assistance Program).

Naden   

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)

ICRC in Somalia

UNICEF does some operation is Southern/Central Somalia but I couldn't see any specific development work detailed in education and so on.

UNICEF in Somalia

Both organizations claim to work with local NGOs and community centers but they are not named and their roles are unclear.

Edit: it seems Somaliland has many organizations working in education, health and other necessities. Does anyone know of similar organizations in southern and central Somalia? I'm wondering about coverage (and overlap), so to speak. [/QB]

Maf Kees   

Edit: it seems Somaliland has many organizations working in education, health and other necessities. Does anyone know of similar organizations in southern and central Somalia? I'm wondering about coverage (and overlap), so to speak.

Don't know either. But do think that there are numerous orgs like this in southern and central Somalia: especially Mogadishu.

Well thanks to google. I found all the UN orgs and their offices in Somalia. Wajid, Jowhar, Hargeisa, Garowe, Hafun and Bosaso seem to be the only cities with UN international presence and Hargeisa and Garowe have like a shopping list of these orgs whereas other cities only have FAO: means nada. LINK

Castro   

Somalia is indeed heaven-on-earth for NGO's. With all this "help", you'd think we'd be in better shape than we are, right? What if all of these organizations disappeared today? Would we perish? Would we thrive? I don't know but with this many organizations on the ground, they must not be very good at what they do since the shit looks like it's permenantely on the fan. :(

Naden   

An NGO's primary mandate is to continue existing and to pay staff. This applies to non-profits in the Western world too. I have worked for 3 in the past 10 years and no less than 85-90% of money solicited went into salaries and capital expenses (space, supplies and so on). Given that funding is highly unstable, an NGO is always on survial mode to continue existing.

Castro   

War ileen balaayo. So their raison d'etre is not their expressed mandate but to continue to exist? What about the people in whose name they collect all this money?

Naden   

I think so, unfortunately. It's difficult to see it that way especially when people who work/volunteer for them usually have genuine interests in alleviating suffering. Charities make a seriously profitable industry with so many stakeholders.

NGOs get caught up in local politics, their own inefficiency and lack of vision, and a general lack of understanding of local cultures and habits. They cannot, do not care to or even know how to replace what should be good, transparent governace, economic progress and social advancement from within. Just look at Darfur. They scream about genocide and so on yet the Sudanese government continues to be armed to the teeth by Western governments (the same ones on the Security council). Why is an arms ban never an option? Who is helping whom? What is exactly being done?

ElPunto   

Somalia is indeed heaven-on-earth for NGO's. With all this "help", you'd think we'd be in better shape than we are, right? What if all of these organizations disappeared today? Would we perish? Would we thrive? I don't know but with this many organizations on the ground, they must not be very good at what they do since the shit looks like it's permenantely on the fan.
:(

LOL - that is precisely right. These guys don't want to declare success on any level since that jeopardizes their entrenched interests - namely themselves. All of these 'aid' agencies are good for one thing only - as a stop gap measure in emergencies. Otherwise - they should be out. They are not helping any 'development' except that of their pocketbooks and resumes.

Naden   

I'm always amazed at 'consultant' salaries in places like Darfur and the Congo. An old classmate (white guy) came back from the Congo and bragged about his fees, close to $130/hour in a region with as low a living expense as you can imagine. Outrageous. Now we know where some of the funding goes.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

They are not helping any 'development' except that of their pocketbooks and resumes. [/QB]

Dhubad.   

HIRDA is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Holland. This organisation was founded in 1998 to participate humanitarian activities in Somalia and in particular South and Central of the Somalia. The organisation is well established and has opened offices throughout the whole regions.

The following are some of the ongoing projects:

Illiteracy elimination through sustainable and accessible basic education and vocational training for every gender.

Poverty alleviation through small-scale food production programmes which will lead to access to food for everybody.

To improve the quality and accessibility of drinking water

Hirda is solely depends on donations contributed by the Somali people in Diaspora. Since the organisation was established they have managed to build several schools and renovated others.

For those of you might want to contribute their website has contribution facility (i.e PayPal) Click here