Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Did You Know..

Nephissa   

Asalama Alaikum.

Thought we could maybe start a thread about Islamic mannerisims. There is so many and what better time than the month of Ramadan to gain more knowledge and spread more!

I'll start:

Did you know..You should be Licking the fingers after eating? Prophet Mohammed [sCW] said: "When one of you finishes eating, he should not wipe his fingers until he has licked them himself or has given them to someone else to lick for him." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

N.O.R.F   

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The son of Adam does not fill any vessel worse than his stomach. It is sufficient for the son of Adam to eat a few mouthfuls, to keep him going. If he must do that (fill his stomach), then let him fill one third with food, one third with drink and one third with air.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1381).

Remember this folks :cool:

Nephissa   

"He who does not desist from obscene language and acting obscenely (during the period of fasting), Allah has no need that he did not eat or drink."

(Bukhari, Muslim)

In another hadith by Abu Hurairah (raa), the Prophet (saas) said:

"Fasting is not only to restrain from food and drink, fasting is to refrain from obscene (acts). If someone verbally abuses you or acts ignorantly towards you, say (to them) 'I am fasting; I am fasting.”

(Ibn Khuzaimah)