Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Pakistan votes to change rape law

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Khayr:

The question can and will be asked ofcourse-How do we prevent Rape?

To which a conservative answer would be:
Stick to the Islamic Community and Family Nucleus. Don't let your families be ALONE in the home or in public. Live in close knit communities and close to relatives.

You're being very narrow-minded with your rape scenario. A girl/woman might be peacefully asleep when the rapist breaks in and attacks. What does she do? What about what's going on in Iraq now where a girl could be raped in front of her farther and mother, what does she do? Rape does take place, the question is: what is the girl supposed to do when she has less than the four witnesses demanded?

Khayr   

So if you live in the 6th century. i think you would be hard pressed to tell people wait for 1400 yrs and you can use DNA testing, but until then use, this.

Therefore, hypothetically if these rules were put forward today, do you think they will make use of benefits offered by the technology and society of today? by Caano G.

What comes to mind is The saying of the Rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) of : Every Biddah/Innovation leads Astray and all thatleads Astray, leads to Hellfire.

At the end of the day, they are technological innovations and do not serve to Compliment Religious traditions but rather to Negate them.

These technological innovations serve their own purpose or to put is in Industrial Capitalistic terms-Efficency for the sake of Efficency.

Where something plays a complimentary role to Religion but is still an innovation i.e. better roads for Hajj travellors, zakat e-filing etc., it should still be approached with caution. For after all it is a Biddah.

One more thing to note and that is an ayat and/or a hadith,are not historical bound. Meaning, that if building tall buildings is frowned upon in hadith and seen as a sign of the Qiyamah, regardless of how population efficient the buildings are; that it is something looked down upon and not encouraged. It doesn't matter what century you live in, the islamic tradition is still valid. The Shariah is still valid and does not need amandements to appease popular mob sentiments.

I'm tired so I'll get going....

Blessed   

Salaams,

Ayoub

How ya doing?

I'm still waiting for a response from an email I've sent to a shaikh that explains things really well but I've found this which is a response from Ahmed Kutty and this clears the misconceptions presented by Socod badnes article.

P.s is Tami, Tamina?

The Mukhtar case is absolutely disgusting. Muslims have alot of work to do.

Fee Amman Allah.

I'm tired so I'll get going....

How about you get locked up in a room with 2 men from Attica. Lets see if you survive, or better yet have the patience to wait around for your 4 witnesess?

AYOUB   

Ameenah

I'm ok, xamdulillah. You? smile.gif

Thanks for the links. Looking forward to the detailed answer. JZK sis.

Blessed   

^Alhamdulilah brother.

I've had a hectic week so I didn't watch the show and don't know what the response to my question was. Silly, xaliimo!

In any case, the first link to my last post clarifies the Sharia law on rape and witnesses. I was confused with the whole debate because I remembered reading a hadith where the Prophet (saw) has taken a woman’s testimony without any witnesses.

During the time of the Prophet (saw) punishment was inflicted on the rapist on the solitary evidence of the woman who was raped by him. Wa'il ibn Hujr reports of an incident when a woman was raped. Later, when some people came by, she identified and accused the man of raping her. They seized him and brought him to Allah's messenger, who said to the woman, "Go away, for Allâh has forgiven you," but of the man who had raped her, he said, "Stone him to death." (Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud)

I don't know where the Pakistani muftis and Khayr got their sharia law from but it appears that it isn't from the authentic sunnah.

Now, unless Khayr has evidence to support is position, I strongly advice the he puts the budh down!

You can only accuse people of opposing the Sharia when there is clarity on the law in question.

Read the links. Salaams.

winnie   

i thought you needed 4 witnesses to PROVE adultery, a rape victims word is all that is necesary.

i think the problem is that the concept of rape as a crime isnt fully appreciated here, its somehow translated into an illicit sexual relation.