Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

Ottawa

HEY EVERYONE

I AM A 16 YR OLD GIRL WHO LIVES IN OTTAWA ONTARIO AND LOOKING FOR RELIGIOUS FRIENDS OR MAYBE ATLEAST GIRLS WHO TRY THEIR BEST TO BE RELIGIOUS.

I DONT KNOW WHY IT IS BUT I ONLY HAVE BLACK FRIENDS.

IF U GONNA RESPOND PLZ RESPOND WITH SOMETHING POSITIVE

mahdi-   

Hello, Sweet-Gal or may I say Ottawa-Gal. After all, you said that you only have some black friends.....I wonder were the Somali people living in Ontario had gone. Or is it just becuase I've formed the wrong opinion about the real Somali quantities in Ottawa, I just thought there are a larg number of Somalis in Ottawa just like Toronto and the other Canadaian cities. By the way, I hope there are a lot of religious Nomads here on the forum which could hepl you out there.

Yes there are. But the school I go to have only 5 somali girls and 1 is okay we talk but she's just an acuientance. Yes there are a lot but I mean people my age aren't around much.I do know some somali people but there just quiet I just cant go into details.

email me at ashley_gal@hotmail.com

Isra   

Salam

Sis i know how u feel...i go to a school with only 6 or somali girls of varying grades and i do get along with two of them we are not close friends but freinds non the less.

Maybe because i was brought up in the arabs and carry a noticable accent around i could not get along with the black girls in my school...but if they are nice decent ppl and with whom u share common values sis hang out with them. Until u meet the somali ppl of ur age in university or at parties throught mutal aquantices.

PEACE

MD   

Salaam

hey sister where in ottawa u at? cause down at ottawa there's a lot of somalia's, and ur saying u only have black friends hmmmmmmmmmmm strange!! Guess it's the school u go to, but anyways sister it's good that now ur a memeber on somaliaonline.com, u'll meet somali friends here Insha'Allah good luck ;)

take care

Senora   

hey gal!

Always remember that good things come to those who wait. I have like over 20 cousins in ottawa, im surprised you havent been able to meet any somalians though. I do have like 10 cousins around your age who are great to be around, and also religous. If you dont mind, ill tell them about you, they love to meet new ppl. Trust me they are the best! I'll give them your email( only if you want). Im suposse to be comin up there this summer, so maybe we can become friends as well. Good luck girl, and get back at me!

Aren't somalis black also?

Why should it matter what kind of friends you have. If they are your true friends, it shouldnt matter where they are from. Nothing wrong with having diverse friends. And don't worry, you will find somalis along the way...cuz they are everywhere.....yikes!

SweetGal,

There are many religious sisters in Ottawa. I know quite a few of them though they're are older than you. Here are tips on how to meet them:

1) Go to the mosques, especially on fridays

2) Participate in Halaqas, which is a gathering for the purpose of learning the deen and it's also a discussion group.

3) Attend Islamic conferences. One year I've been to one in Ottawa, and Mashallah you will not believe how many young, cool, intelligent, religious sisters I've met. N' they were Somalis!!!

There's nothing wrong with having Black, Chinese, Indian friends as long they aren't trying to change you or take you away from the right path. But I encourage you to always surround yourself with positive and spiritually conscious friends. It makes all the difference. Good luck sis.

Hey

I didn't say somalians aren't black u know. Do u want me to say what countries my friends come from so u can have an idea? I know we all black but I just wanted to make my point clear.

Thanks for advice about going to mosque and all the other things. Sorry I forgot ur name.

Oh and princes sure I dont mind if u do give my email out to ur cousins. And I wouldn't mind meeting u either in the summer....that is if I stay in Ottawa.

Thanks to all of u icon_razz.gif