We love titles!

Coloow   

In any news item on somalia and somalis you would find the following prefixes:

Dr (Dottore, dottoreso)

Injineer (engineer)

Prof (BARAFASOOR)

Gen (general)

Duuliye

It seems that any somali who has attended a course overseas automatically becomes a doctor. Any somali who has gone to a polytechnic cause : injineer, any somali who taught at a college or university proffesor.....etc

Could the solution to somalia's perplexing problems lie in the love for titles? Why are titles so important to somalis?

king_450   

well Enter good to see you rasing this topics,and if you keep doing this i will be checking on this site,

well bro no matter what in life we all have titles ,for instance your name is considred a sole Title, so the rest is a surregate titles just to enhance once wish, i bet every one of us liked to be called one of these titles u have mentioned , whether u fullfilled or not, but i agree with one thing, i know some somalis who went to nursing school and they being called by Doctores, so it is just you know i think appreciation for that person what he or she striving, so titles are good , but not important in real life.

I would love those title but i think i have to work hard to earn it.

i would love to be a judge( Hathratel-Qathe)... but in moslim country i can't be :confused:

walaahi that is all soo true,,,

i mean ,,an old lady said " my daughter has finished university and is going to college"

people from the UK will automatically understand what is wrong with that statement.

for the other,,,,,,u leave college then go to uni, after uni, u get employed.

somali's are bussy tryna show off! simple it is all faaan,

"my daughter is a doctor, (she is really under-qualified nurse) what is yours?"

Hey Entrepreneur it appears u’ve forgotten “Dibjir Dibjir ”, “ Qasaaro ” and my personal favourite “ Saqiid ”...I think too much emphasis is placed on the notion that supposed “titles” give us more significance when really we are no different from every other farax, xalimo and aw koombe :rolleyes: ..so ma ahaa??

Thierry.   

Its good to fell respected everyknow and then. being called titles such as Sir Rookie puts shivers up my spine.

currently working towards my Lordship that is if queen Lizzie cuts a brother some slack.

honestly if someone earns a title he should be called by it.